Whatever You Say

MORE

I finished with, yet another, killer headache and backache when I put all of her books in the locker.

I instantly took the rose that twirled between her fingers. I felt the brush of my fingers with hers. A slight breeze rose up from my neck.

I slammed the locker shut, squishing the flower into it. “There,” I said lowly.

“Oh, we’re not done yet.”

What? Was she going to make me walk her home? “What will your next quest be?” I hissed lowly in a sting of pain my back felt.

“Don’t say it like that. Don’t forget you owe me.” And how could I not forget with her telling me nine times per day? She ignored my confused stare. She turned to her bag and rummaged through it. Then she handed me a semi-fat flowered folder in my hands. She looked around like it meant nothing. I probably looked confused. “I have some homework that needs attending, so you might want to get that?” And what choice did I have? She seemed to have read my mind. “You don’t have a choice, anyway,” she sneered and waved her little pale fingers at me before flipping her ponytail back.

Well, this was just…

I threw a sigh before heading toward practice and staring at the folder.

I thought about Susanne on the way towards the swimming pool and I didn’t even know why. Sometimes it just sort of happened. I felt the need to protect her.

Susanne was probably already in her art class.

I tried to solve all of Éirin’s math problems in my head as I took different laps in the pool.

The coach approached us, congratulating our work once again, but told us the practice was not over since we had so much work ahead of us, including another competition in two weeks. We were going up against Pezlomm High School. My teams laughed at it, overly confident since their last battle.

I mean Darwin Academy was one of the most powerful schools when it comes to sports, as Susanne had said.

“What makes them think they can beat us?” one of the guys said.

The others agreed with “yeses” and cheers.

“Don’t get cocky yet, Frank,” the coach warned. “Darwin Academy, is just one. And I’m sure as hell that I have no fucking idea on you fellas won it, but we’ll have to see for a second try.”

The Team calmed down. After a few seconds, all of The Swimming Team (including me), shot a glance to Teddy. He only glared at the coach.

I gulped. Oh, boy.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got focused on finishing my other story, so I didn't have much time to update.

If you would like to read it: A Step to Love