Whatever You Say

NEW

“You know,” I whispered to Susanne once I got up, “When I got out of the Principal’s office, everyone beat me up, but Teddy. He wasn’t there.” It was the first thing that popped into my head as soon as I opened my eyes. I just couldn’t help but to think about what he might be thinking at this instant.

Susanne laid by my side, wrapped under my covers while my fingers gently traced her white knuckles. It wasn’t the first time Susanne had stayed over my house, but it was the first time she had stayed over with me, on the same bed. As I had mentioned before, she was the only one I really allowed in my room.

Last night had been a really good experience for both of us. Making love to your best friend and recent all time crush felt so much better than anything else in the world right now. Even if that may sound cheesy, but in reality, it was how I felt at the moment.

She hmm’d, fluttering her eyelashes softly. “Maybe he was just as embarrassed and bummed as you were,” she whispered in return.

I nodded. “Perhaps more than I was. We could’ve gotten expelled and I don’t know why the principal didn’t just cut us completely instead of just in the program.”

“Is it really true what you just told me last night about Teddy being Éirin’s boyfriend?”

“It seems so…”

“Then we can only image how he feels right now.” Susanne sighed before carefully sitting on the bed. I followed her action and took off to look for my boxers.

Once I did, I put them on and then looked for a towel in my closet. I took one for me and one for Susanne.

“I’m going to take a shower, okay?”

She smiled. “Sure, I’ll brush my teeth, I guess.”

I nodded and then moved forward her pale body, giving her a light peck on her lips.

“I have to call my mother. She knows I was staying here tonight, but you know… just in case.”

I raised my eyebrows. “You knew you were staying?”

“More or less.” She smiled again.

I laughed. “Alright. What are we going to do about my mom?”

She shrugged as I walked on the bathroom. I heard her voice from behind me. “I’m pretty sure she’s not going to mind. I mean, we are best friends. Have been for a pretty long time.”

“I guess you’re right,” I told her.

(*)

As I rummaged through my clothes inside my closet, I picked up an old gray vest in my hands. I tried to remember how many times I had worn this since I started in Feltch. I sighed, throwing it to my side. Susanne was not too far behind me already dressed in some plaid skirt and buttoned shirt she had brought. Guess she really did knew she was staying for the night.

“You know what? I think I’m going to try something new,” I said to her, and then looked over my closet again to look for a new combination or something.

“I like your style,” she protested quietly.

“Yeah, but…” I laughed quietly. “Oh, Susanne, please?”

She rushed to my side and helped me pick some clothes while saying “alright, alright. I’ll help.” After a while of looking for something “different”, she finally got a shirt out. “I don’t think you need to buy new clothes or anything. Just use the clothes you already have in a different way, if you want.”

I nodded, took the shirt she had on her hands and switched it with the simple blue tee I was wearing. I buttoned the white shirt in front of my chest until it reached my neck.

Susanne smiled as I did this and stopped my hands from reaching any higher. She unbuttoned at least three of the buttons. “Wait, I’m not William Levy, I don’t have muscle to show.”

“Oh, please, you’re not showing anything, Clarence. And from what I saw, you do have some muscle.”

“Susanne, I wish I could make Éirin change, too.”

Her smile faded instantly. “C.J., not everyone can change.”

“But we need to get back at her somehow. I want justice,” I said, laughing a little.

But then I got serious as Susanne replied. “I suggest we attack her from a safer angle…”

“Like?”

“Get someone to help us. Someone close like a Drone, or Worker or something.”

“How about someone even closer?” I hinted.

Susanne’s expression turned intrigued for a mild second. “Like a boyfriend.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a few chapters left.

Other Story:
• (New) To Whom It May Concern: He’s the reason why I lost thirty pounds. He’s the reason why I dyed my hair blue. He’s the reason why I can’t be with you.