Status: Completed on 3/17/12

Foolish

Epilogue

"Hey, Marcus." I said as I got up to get ready to go back to work. It's been five months since we reconciled and our marriage was amazing now.

"Hey beautiful." He walked past me as he walked out of the bathroom.

"What are you doing for lunch?" I asked.

"Taking you to lunch." He said as he walked over to me and gave me a kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I love you so much." I said and gave him another kiss.

"I love both of you." He said and placed his hand on my 14 weeks pregnant stomach.

"We love you too." I said

"Good and shouldn't you be getting ready soon?" He asked.

"Yeah. I don't know if working this hard is worth another miscarriage." I said.

"Well if you want to talk to Nick and see if he can maybe lighten your schedule or let you stay home until the baby is born." He said.

"Might work out. Oh and tomorrow morning we have an appointment with Dr. Karen to check out the baby.

"Good." He said. "How about London?"

"For?" I asked.

"Our second honeymoon. Our first honeymoon wasn't all that great the first time."

"Sounds perfect." I said.

"Don't worry I'll leave everything I use for work at home so we can be undisturbed for a week." He said.

"Baby, it's fine." I said. "I know how work is important to you but when our baby comes you will be a hands-on dad as well got it?" I asked.

"Yep." He said with a bright smile.

***

The next morning,

I was sitting in the doctor's office with Marcus as he held my hand. The doctor was about to come in.

"So, are we going to find out the sex?" I asked.

"Yep." He said.

I laughed.

"Okay." I said as the doctor came in.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Morgan, how are you today?" She asked.

"We're doing good." I said.

"Ready to find out how your little baby is doing?" She asked.

"Yep." Marcus said.

"Lay down." I laid down and she spread that cold gel on my stomach and started running the transducer wand across my stomach and I could instantly hear the strong heartbeat. "Strong heartbeat, vitals are good. Want to know what you are guys should be expecting?" She asked.

"Sure." I said.

"A baby boy." She said as she stopped running the wand across my stomach and cleaned the gel off of me.

"We're having a boy?" I asked and I looked at Marcus as my eyes started to water. He leaned down and kissed my forehead.

"Yep a boy." She said and smiled and Marcus took my hand.

"I'm going to have to order you on bedrest." The doctor said.

"Okay." I said. "You know what that means Marcus?" I asked.

"I don't know." He said.

"You are taking care of me until this baby is born." I said.

"And I will be glad to do that." He said giving me a kiss.

"Are you happy?" I asked.

"Of course I am." He said.

After all that we've been through it was love that brought us back together and we were Foolish to think that we could ever be apart again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Melodie at home

Melodie Doctor's appointment

I know the ending kind of sucked but I really wanted to finish this.