Status: Completed on 3/17/12

Foolish

Fresh Start

I was relaxing in bed looking through my laptop when the door opened and Lyric walked in.

"Hey love, how are you feeling?" She asked.

"I'm feeling better." I said as I looked up at her and sat up.

"How are you and my brother?" She asked.

"I think all of these months of being apart I'm ready to just get back to being married and happy. I miss him so much." I told her.

"Good. Have you told him?" She asked.

"Not yet but I want to tell him now." I said.

"Melodie, all I've ever wanted for you is to be happy and with or without Marcus I'm hoping you can be happy." she said.

"I know and thank you for being here." I said.

"It's what I do best chick now I have to go. Ryan has a surprise for me and I hope it will be amazing." She said getting up.

"I bet he's planning on proposing." I said.

"Maybe." She said. She leaned over and gave me a quick hug. "I love you Mel."

"Love you too Lyric." I said as I watched her walk out.

***

Later on that night,

I was in the kitchen cooking for once since the miscarriage and although a part of me was still very sad, it was getting way better since Marcus was around and I guess apart of me realized that no matter the bullshit we've been through maybe we needed to realize that our marriage was worth saving because deep down we still loved each other.

The door opened and I heard Marcus come in. He walked in and saw me looking confused.

"Hey." I turned to him.

"You're out of bed." He said.

"Yeah." I said.

"After two weeks you've finally gotten out of bed. This is good." He smiled.

"Yeah, although the baby is gone we're still here right?" I said.

"Yeah." He said.

I stopped cutting up the bell peppers and wiped my hand. I walked over to him and took his hand.

"Come here." I said.

He let go and walked with me.

"What's up?" He asked.

"I'm done with the fighting and trying to hate you-"

"Are you trying to tell me you're leaving for good?" he asked.

"No listen, I'm done with all the fighting and trying to hate you when I don't. I love you so much it's actually kind of ridiculous. I want us to give it another try and tear up our divorce papers." I said.

"Really?" he asked.

"Yeah. I really love you and I'm ready to come home." I said as I looked down. "That is if you still love me and want me home." I said.

"I do and I love you." He said.

That caused me to look up and I kissed him.

"I promise that I will love you and I will treat you like the queen you are." He said.

"I love you so much and I think we should renew our vows." I suggested.

"Sounds perfect." He told me as he lifted me up and kissed me.

"Yay!" I smiled and kissed him again.

"Want your ring back?" He asked.

"Yeah." I smiled. He put me down and ran to go get my ring and I just thought about being back with my husband and making a fresh start.
♠ ♠ ♠
Melodie

Sorry if it's short but I'm planning on ending this so I can work on other stories.

Comment and subscribe