Sequel: Two Worlds Collide
Status: Complete :)

Romeo In Blue Jeans

Reunited

“Not that I mind, but why do you look so stunning?” John asked, taking my hand and lancing his fingers through mine.

We had just stepped out of the airplane in Colorado and we walked to claim our bags. John and Garrett came with me to help my friends and I pack. Well, I know Garrett also came for something else, but I really did not want to know what he and Melli would do. Instead of flying back to Arizona, we were all driving down with each car for the final move.

Had I mentioned that I hadn’t informed my friends about John proposing to me a bit over a week ago? Nope. Well, I wanted them to catch the rock on my finger and watch their reactions. I was a bit afraid that they would knock me down for not telling them, but it wouldn’t have been fun to call and tell them. So I just stuck to leaving them to find out on their own for this weekend. Or as we moved into Arizona.

“I don’t know.” I shrugged. “Melli and Vivi just told me for us to dress like this. Well, threatened me.”

John was wearing skinny jeans with a white shirt and his black leather jacket and combat boots. The collar of his shirt was low, exposing the lyrics tattooed to his chest. Garrett was wearing a button down light blue shirt tucked into his dark skinny jeans and his infamous boots.

“I’m kind of afraid of what they have planned.” Garrett yawned as we stepped out of the airport after claiming our bags. The sun was about to set in the all too familiar horizon of my home Colorado. Or should I call it my old home. Arizona would be my new home now, and I was happy. I watched Kirky’s car pull up in front of us and my friends climbed out, wrapping the three of us into tight hugs.

“Is everything set back in Arizona?” Kirky asked as he drove down the familiar streets.

“Yupp.” I answered, sitting on John’s lap since we were cramped in the car. “We just have to move the rest of the stuff down and we’ll be set.” My friends had sent down a few stuff to the new house, so we just needed to bring the rest back with us in three U-Haul trailers and unpack.

“Why are we so dressed up by the way?” Garrett asked.

“For a reason that shall me answered soon.” Melli answered with a wink. I looked down and their hands were intertwined.

“Just sit back and wait.” Vivi added.

We reached our house and I waited for my friends to unlock the door. When we stepped inside, everything was dark. Kirky flipped the lights on and I looked around, noticing a bunch of boxes packed on top of each other, and a few parts of furniture already missing. I marched up to my room with John and we settled our bags.

“I can’t believe it’s really happening.” I said.

“The move?” John asked, wrapping his arms around my waist.

“Yeah, I guess I just had to see all of this for it to sink in.” I answered, looking about my almost empty room. I noted the compassionate look on his face and smiled. “I’m happy, though.”

He smiled and pressed his lips to mine. I smiled against his lips, letting my fingers knot in his hair.

“Guys! Put your clothes back on and let’s go.” Vivi knocked on the door.

“Shut up!” I laughed, opening the door. I grabbed John’s hand and followed Vivi back downstairs.

“Well, it’s the stranger.” I heard a familiar voice say as we reached the living room. I looked up to see David, Kyle, Jason, and Dylan. Jason and Dylan were in the two last left, apart from Kirky, in Artist Vs. Poet after Tarcy and Joe Westbrook left for family and schooling. David and Kyle were from the band Breathe Carolina. They lived here in Colorado, but Jason and Dylan lived in Texas. I guessed that they were visiting as well since they had a few months to themselves.

“Oh my god!” I smiled, running over to wrap my arms around Kyle.

“Gee, I thought I was your favorite.” David pouted.

“I don’t have favorites.” I laughed, hugging him, Jason, and Dylan. “What are you guys doing here?”

“We’re going to party since you guys are leaving.” Kyle answered.

“We flew out here the second they mentioned a party.” Jason added.

After everyone joining us and having a big reunion, we headed to the backyard and brought out the drinks. Yes, I drank as well. And might I add, I let myself slip again. Melli, Vivi, and I shuffled around an iPod, passed our tipsy levels, trying to find a good song.

“Put the fucking Cha Cha Slide, bitch.” Vivi told Melli.

“Stop cursing at me.” Melli yelled.

“Stop pointlessly yelling in my ears.” I giggled and they both muttered an apology.

We made everyone get up and dance the Cha Cha Slide with us. They groaned complaints but stood. I laughed as John just slurred for us to screw dancing and head upstairs. I would giggle and blush, but assure him that we would get to that later. I did a few shots before walking into the kitchen and filling myself a cup of Jack and Coke.

“Are you having fun?” Melli asked, hopping up to sit on the kitchen counter.

“A blast.” I assured her. The doorbell rang, then. I looked at Melli and she shrugged.

I walked out of the kitchen and grabbed the door handle. I slowly opened the door, remembering what had happened last time someone randomly rang the doorbell after two in the morning. At first, I looked at the person standing under the light in front of me, confused. Their short light brown hair slowly swayed with the wind as their brown eyes stared back at me. Then, I felt myself drop the cup that I held in my hand, splattering the liquid all over the floor on the front porch.

S-Simon?” I whispered, and his lips turned into a soft smile.

“Hi, sis.” He answered.

“Did I just hear you spill perfectly good Jack and Coke?” I heard Melli grumble behind me. “Uh, Carter. What’s going on?”

“It’s him, Melli.” I turned to her, tears streaming down my face. “Simon came back.” I ran out of the house and wrapped my arms around my younger, yet taller brother.

He wrapped his arms around me. “Came back?” He asked.

“You came back to me.” I sobbed.

“I’ve been trying to find you since you left dad’s two years ago.” He answered, letting me go.

“You could have asked dad.” I said, whipping my tears.

“I was afraid.” He shrugged. “But I finally had the courage to call him.”

I smiled grabbing his hand and pulling him inside. I hugged his body once again.

“What?” I heard Vivi ask as she came into the hallway with Melli. “Holy shit! It’s really him.”

“Hey, Vivi. Hi Melli.” Simon chuckled.

“The party’s outside, not here.” David said, stumbling into the hallway. “Woah! Who’s this dude?”

“My little brother.” I smiled.

“As in the little brother who you’ve been trying to find?” He asked and I nodded. His smile touched his eyes. I knew he was happy for me. He and everyone else were always so supportive about me finding Simon again.

“Come on.” I said, grabbing Simon’s hand again and dragging him to the backyard. Everyone was sitting around as they looked up at the boy whose hand was locked with mine, confused. “Guys, I would like you to meet my little brother, Simon.” Everyone’s jaws dropped and Kirky spit his drink everywhere.

“Did he just show up in your doorstep?” Kirky asked, stunned, and I nodded. He smiled. “Well shit.”

John stood and walked to stand in front of us he introduced himself to Simon, followed by the rest of my friends.

“Not that I mind, Simon, but what are you doing here?” I asked as the whole sat around each other again.

“I have no one else to turn to.” He answered, looking down at his lap.

“You can turn to dad.” I assure him, taking his hand in mine.

“But I want to be around my sister. I’ve missed you so much.” He admitted, his eyes watering. My eyes released tears as well.

“Simon, I’ve been so worried about you.” I said, whipping my tears. “But dad loves you as much as I do. He’s waiting for you with open arms.”

“I can’t stay with you then?” He asked, his eyes filled with hurt.

“I wish you could, but we’re packing up the rest of our stuff. We’re moving to Arizona in two days.” I answered, wishing I could take him with us. “I’m sorry.”

“I understand,” He assured me. “But I don’t know how dad’s going to feel.”

“He’s going to be happy that you’re back.” I smiled. “Which by the way, where did you go when you left mom’s?”

“I’ve been around with the band.” He grinned.

“Band?” Melli asked.

“You guys actually made it somewhere?” Vivi added.

“Hey! We weren’t that bad.” He laughed. “We’ve been on the road doing some small shows, but Andy’s not proud of his singing nowadays, so we dropped the band.”

“What do you play?” John asked.

“Drums.” Simon answered proudly.

“You know, our drummer just left our band to pursue schooling.” Dylan stated.

“We would be glad to check out your skills.” Jason added.

“Seriously?” Simon asked with a bright smile.

“Extremely serious.” Kirky patted his shoulder.

I gave Kirky a smile, thanking him, and he winked back. I reached my hands up to pick up my hair into a pony tail, until Vivi spit out her drink all over Kirky.

“What’s with all the spit takes?” Kyle asked.

“What’s that on your finger Carter fucking Gomez?” Vivi asked, standing in front of me. Shit. She grabbed my left hand and pointed at the engagement ring in my finger. “What the fuck is this?”

“I-uh…J-John asked me to marry him.” I blushed as she examined my hand. It was Melli’s and Kirky’s turn to spit their drinks.

“What?” Melli yelled, running over.

“When?” Kirky asked as they inspected the ring.

“A week ago.” John laughed.

“Why did we not know this?” Vivi asked.

“And miss the chance to see you guys freaking out like this? No way.” I laughed.

The rest of the group congratulated me and my friends continued chewing me out for not telling them about my engagement. John, Garrett and I would laugh each time. Melli pretended to be mad at Garrett for not telling her. He pouted, grabbed her hand, and pulled her upstairs. Vivi and I peeked as they locked the door, and then headed downstairs giggling like maniacs.

At three in the morning, everyone passed out in a room or the couches. John and I cleaned up in my room. He was laying on the mattress that lay on my almost empty room as I changed in the bathroom into a little something for him. I stepped out of the bathroomm and he sat up, grinning. I walked over to him as seductively as possible. Kicking off my heels, I crawled over to him on the mattress, and kissed him.

“To what do I owe this surprise?” He chuckled against my lips.

“You’ve been asking for it all night.” I grinned, kissing him again.

“I love you.” He whispered as I pushed him down to the pillows.

“And I love you.” I smiled, leaving a trail of kisses on his neck and shoulders.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I have ten chapters left on this story now and I thank all of you who have stuck by. I hope you guys are enjoying it.
Please comment?