Status: Temp postponed. Computer probs. We'll be back soon.

Listen to the Thunder

You're So Contagious

Rumor

“Where exactly are we going, Martin?” I questioned, holding on to my boyfriend’s hand.
“I’m taking you to a costume shop.” He laughed.
“A little late for Halloween, aren’t we?” I joked. “We already have our costumes.”
“Yeah, but I have a special event that I want you to join me at.” He smiled.
“Okay...” I trailed off. “What kind of costume?”
“Anything kid appealing?”
I laughed.
“Really?”
“Yeah, come on,” He stated, leading us into a huge Halloween shop.
We shopped for twenty minutes before I found a costume that I actually wanted.
“Would this be too...out there for kids?” I asked Martin, holding up the costume bag for him to see.
“Hm...I wouldn’t think so,” He admitted. “Do you want that one?”
I bit my lip.
“If that’s possible?”
“It is,” He laughed. “Come on,”
“Yay!” I legit jumped up and down. Martin turned to look at me, but he just shook his head. “Okay, I’m done,” I smiled before we walked up to the cash register. He paid like the perfect gentleman.
“It’s Jack’s birthday, isn’t it?”
I nodded my head, and tucked a piece of blonde hair behind my ear.
“Yeah, she’ finally 22,”
“She’s going to be even more bothered by the age difference between her and Paul than she already is.”
“She isn’t that bothered.” I giggled. “Come on, I want food.”
“You always want food!” He chuckled. “Why is that?”
“I don’t want to lose weight.” I shrugged.
“Most girl stop eating to lose weight.”
I knew that, I’ve known Jaycee for way too long not to know.
“I know, but that’s not me.” I stated. “Now take me for food.” I demanded.
“Where do you want to go?”
“Somewhere that I can eat a lot,”
“How about we just go to Planet Hollywood?”
“We always go there Martin,” I whined. “Can’t we go get some....let’s go to Mc’Donalds!”
“Okay, okay.” He answered, laughing. “Let’s go.”
“So what exactly are we doing today?”
“I told you, it’s a surprise.” His smile turned into a smug one.
“Ohhh. Thankssss. You know that I hate surprises.”
“I know this, Rum.” Martin laughed, tugging on my hand. “But I honestly think that you’ll like it.”
“You’re lucky you’re cute.” I mumbled as I let my boyfriend lead the way to the fast food establishment.
“No, you’re cute.” He smiled like a little kid.
I rolled my eyes.
“Aren’t you funny,” I mocked slightly as my grip tightened on his hand. “How long have we been together again?”
“Nearly four months.” Martin stated proudly.
“Too dang long if you ask me,” I giggled.
Martin pouted and dropped my hand, only to wrap it around my waist.
“That wasn’t very nice.” He whined.
“I’m sorry,” I cooed. “Will a kiss make it all better?”
“Yessss,” He nodded proudly before stopping us in the middle of the street.
“Right here?”
“Is there a problem with right here?” Martin asked me, raising his eyebrows.
“You’re going to make a scene,”
“I like making scenes. I am a lead singer, babe.”
“But you know how I feel about PDA, Martin.” I pouted before he cupped my head in his hands.
“Get over it.” He stated before his lips were pressed against mine.
I sighed happily, accepting the kiss, and I gripped his un-buttoned, plaid shirt. Our lips moved slowly while we stood there, in the chilly air of October. Martin pulled away sooner than I would have liked and rested his head against mine.
“That should be considered cheating,” I stated, not opening my eyes yet.
“I thought you said that you hated PDA.” He muttered before kissing me lightly again.
“It’s your dang kisses that make me not care so much anymore.”
“Awe, you love me.” He chuckled. I opened my eyes and looked up into his blue eyes with my very own. His thumb rubbed my cheek lightly as he stared down at me. “I love you.”
I bit my lip nervously, and I looked down at my feet.
“I-I....Martin,” I sighed.
“It’s okay, honey. I understand. I didn’t expect you to say anything back.” He answered. “I just needed to tell you.”
“I’m glad that you did,” I admitted. “I just wish I could say it back,”
“All in due time, right?”
“Right,” I nodded my head and agreed. “Now that your scene is over...let’s go get some food, yeah?”
“I love that idea.” Martin smiled widely and released me from his hold. He took my hand in his, and linked our fingers together. We walked the short distance, and ordered some food. “Do you want to go get us a small table while I wait?”
I nodded and I kissed his cheek before I started up the stairs. I got to the second floor and sat down. Minutes later, he walked up the stairs and sat down in front of me.
“Chicken nuggets for the pretty lady,”
“Thanks,” I blushed, and looked down at the table. He makes me slightly nervous.



“So this is why I’m dressed in a kid approved costume? It’s because you’re volunteering at a children’s hospital?” I asked, looking around the white halls.
He smiled.
“Yeah, and I wanted you to come with me. There’s this little girl that I seriously love. I can’t wait for you to meet her,”
I smiled as I watched how excited he got when he talked about this little girl that apparently stole his heart. It was adorable.
“I can’t wait,” I answered, but let me go change first, okay?”
“Okay.” Martin smiled and he kissed me lightly. “Here’s your name tag.

I laughed, looking at it.
“Catwoman? Perfect,”
“I thought so to.” Martin replied. “I’ll be waiting right here.”
I nodded and walked into the nearest bathroom. As quickly as I could, I changed into the costume and added some more make-up before putting on my mask. I tried not to be a total girl like I normally was and take forever. I finished by pulling my hair up, and I walked out of the bathroom. Martin smiled as soon as he saw me, and he took my hand in his. He led the way to the children’s area where they greeted him by name and simply calling me ‘Catwoman’. It made me giggle slightly at the fact that they didn’t even ask.
The kids practically attacked Martin when he walked into the room, making me smile even more. I sat down and started to play with the kids who could actually move. They enjoyed pulling at the tail and poking at my ears, but I didn’t care. I just wanted them to be happy. I laughed with them, and played as much as possible before Martin came over to me.
“I hate to drag Catwoman away, but I need her for a few minutes.”
They booed, but smiled nonetheless.
“Will you be back?” A little boy names Ryder asked me.
I smiled at Martin.
“I sure hope so,” I replied, looking down at him.
“We’ll be back to see you guys soon, okay? We’re going now. Say goodbye,”
“Bye, Catwoman,” They chorused.
“Bye, guys,” I waved and Martin pulled me toward a room. He opened the door and walked in. The first thing I noticed was a small, frail-looking girl laying down in the hospital bed.
“Martin!”
“Hey, Annie,” Martin replied. “I bought someone special for you to meet today,”
The small girl, who didn’t look over the age of five, smiled at me.
“You must be Rumor,” She smiled.
I was taken back a little bit by her.
“I told her about you,” Martin explained, laughing as we walked further into the room. “This is the wonderful Annie Price. She’s 9-years old, and she’s my best friend in this world.”
“Hey, Annie,” I replied with a huge smile.
I couldn’t stop smiling at this little girl. Her smile was contagious.
“You make a wonderful Catwoman.” She laughed.
Martin and I spent a few hours just sitting in the hospital room and talking to Annie. When the girl started yawning, we took it as a cue to leave. Martin waited patiently against as I changed out of the costume, and we walked back out of the hospital.
“Do you visit Annie a lot?”
“I try to visit as much as they allow, and as much as I can when I’m home,”
“She’s beautiful,”
“She taught me a whole lot about life. It’s short, so you might as well live it.”
I nodded.
“She gives me hope.”
“What do you mean?”
“Well obviously the cutting is taking me a whole lot longer to get over,” I started. “She inspires me to want to get better. She has every reason in the world to give up hope, and yet she’s still hanging on,”
“She reminds me of you a whole lot.”
I laughed lightly.
“How is that?”
“She’s got a lot of heart.” He replied. “She’s definitely not afraid of anything, and she’s a fighter. Whether you believe it or not, you’re a fighter too, Rumor. And you inspire me.”
I smiled and hugged him tightly, ignoring the stupid voice that likes to take over my brain.
“You inspire me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
NEW UPDATE! :D

please comment!

- Val <3