Status: More Comments, Faster Updates!

Oh, on a Wire, We Were Dancing. Two Kids, No Consequences.

Like a bullet, shooting a lesson.

Jack sighed as they waited patiently for Sky. He didn't really understand why they were waiting but.. He'd do anything to just be able to see her face again. It'd been a few days since they last talked. Mostly because Jack was out buying for his apartment. Most of that stuff was for Mia's new bedroom there.

“You want to come to my house today, Mia?” Jack asked as he held the little girl in his arms. They were at Sky’s apartment waiting for her to get ready.

“Sure Daddy, Can Mommy come with us?” She asked, I sweet puppy dog face that no one could refuse.

“Sure she can. Go tell her.” He said with a warm smile and the little girl giggled as she ran to her Mother’s room.

“So, I hear we’re going to your pad, Right? And I’m being dragged along?” She asked and Jack shrugged softly as he picked Mia up in her arms. He watched her intently as she rolled her golden eyes and wandered into the kitchen, her hips swaying slightly as she walked. Jack stayed attached to her as she manoeuvred around her apartment. “Let’s go.” She said with a smile making Jack smile back.

--

Once they where at Jack’s apartment, They quickly entered and Sky gasped at the sight or the living room. It was beautiful.

“Are you staying here with Alex?” Sky asked in awe and Jack shook his head softly as he placed Mia down on the floor.

“Nope, I’m all on my own.” He said with a chuckle as he ruffled Mia’s hair slightly. “But, I’ve been doing this for Mia..” He muttered as he walked down the hall and to a white door. He opened the door and Sky smiled as she saw the paint and furniture scattered around. “But.. I still need to paint it.. I need someone to help me though.” He said with a chuckle and sky rolled her eyes softly as she took off her cardigan.

“Come on, I'll help you. Let’s get going with this. Little Mia can help too, Can’t you baby.” Sky said with a smile and Mia nodded excitedly. “Just pass me a shirt you don’t want Jack.” Sky said and Jack smiled as he ran out of the room. He came back moments later with a T-shirt in hand. Sky threw off her shirt, Not caring if her ex was in the room. She pulled the shirt over her head and Jack laughed softly.

“You did always look better than me in my clothes.” He said with a smirk making the blonde blush a deep shade of red.

“Shut up Barakat!” She shouted as she took out a pot of paint. “Wow, You picked good colours Barakat. How are you wanting this?” She asked and he shrugged as he picked up the another can of paint.

“I was thinking.. I don’t fucking know. Do anything.” He said with a soft laugh and Sky giggled along as she placed the roller on the wall. She gave Mia a small brush and she happily started hitting the wall, Making Sky and Jack chuckle slightly. “Hey, You want a beer?” Jack asked and Sky nodded softly as she continued painting. He came back moments later with two beer bottles in his hands.

“Thanks Daddy.” She said with a grin and Jack rolled his eyes, taking a swig of the liquid before sitting next to Mia and helping her with the brush. “You still a really pussy drinker?” She asked with a giggle and Jack scoffed lightly.

“Nu-uh. It takes a lot for me to get drunk now Missy.” He said with a chuckle as he grabbed a roller himself. “Stuff this. I’m gonna start on the bed.” He said as he threw the roller back in the tray of paint with a chuckle. He stood up and walked over to the big box in the corner of the room. Around half an hour later, Jack was done with the bed fully and Mia tiredly went over to it and climbed onto the bare mattress. She quickly fell asleep and both parents sighed as they saw her sleeping figure. “Let’s put her in my room.” Jack said as he smiled and picked up the small girl. Jack wandered into another room and Sky followed slowly. She let a small smile form on her lips as she saw his room.

“Wow Jack.. You’re a guy with style.” Sky said with a giggle and Jack nodded as he gently placed Mia on the bed.

“I have a creative side.” He said with a deep chuckle before walking back out and over to the kitchen. He grabbed two more beers and handed Sky one. “You know, by the time this rooms done, we’ll probably be wasted.” He said with another laugh and Sky shrugged softly, walking back towards the room.

“So fuck. Now, Come on, We’ve only been working about forty-five minutes.” She said as she picked her roller back up. Around an hour and a half later, the paint was done and the pair sighed in relief as they fell against each other. Jack dipped his fingers in the paint pot and tapped Sky’s shoulder lightly and as she spun around, he swiped her face with the liquid and Sky gasped loudly before laughing. “Jack you fucker!” She screamed as she too put some paint on her fingers and attacked him. She chased him for around five minutes before she tackled him to the floor so her body was laid on top of his and put the liquid all over his cheeks. She after realised the position they were in could look very wrong. But, she didn’t want to move. Their laughing soon died down and they were left in a very comfortable silence. Staring softly into each others eyes.

“I think the alcohol is starting to kick in..” She said with a small smile and Jack shrugged.

“I’ll blame this on the alcohol then.” He said with a smirk as he softly pressed his lips to hers. She melted into the kiss and softly grabbed at the back of his neck. Sparks flew up through her body as they kissed, making her feel more alive than she had ever felt before. They pulled apart moments later and Sky smiled down at him.

“Are you sure that was the alcohol?” She asked and he shook his head as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

“I’m not even tipsy.” He said with a smirk as he re-attached his lips to hers.

“I.. We shouldn’t be doing this.” Sky said with a sigh as she got up from her position. Jack looked at her sadly but smiled nonetheless.

“I just have.. A few finishing things in Mia’s room. You stay with her. I’ll be out later.” He said and with that he left to Mia’s room. Sky walked into his room and sat down next to Mia who was now starting to stir.

“Mommy? Where’s Daddy?” She asked tiredly and Sky sighed as she stroked her brunette locks.

“Daddy’s in your room finishing it off.” She said with a yawn as she laid back on the bed herself. Both their eyes fluttered closed and Sky fell asleep and so did Mia, Yet again.

They were awoken a few hours later by Jack shaking them lightly.

“Sky.. I’m done with the room.. You wanna take a look?” He asked and Sky happily got up from her place. Mia also awoke and Jack picked her up in his arms. “This is your new room honey..” He said and opened up the door. Mia squealed excitedly as she saw the room and instantly jumped from his arms and ran around the room.

“Daddy I love it!” She screamed as she jumped on the bed. “Mommy, Can I stay here tonight?” Mia whined and Sky sighed with a soft smile.

“Why don’t you both stay over? there is a spare bedroom.” Jack said with a shrug and Mia jumped up excitedly as she clapped her hands.

“Come on Mommy!” She exclaimed and Sky sighed as she softly rolled her eyes.

“Fine. You win.” She said as she took back off Jack’s T-shirt and replaced it with her own. Sky sighed softly as she saw Mia yet again fall asleep. But this time she was under the covers, Snuggled into the blankets. “Where am I sleeping Barakat?” Sky asked with a smirk and Jack nervously scratched at the back of his neck.

“Well.. I don’t have another room.. I said it so you’d stay..” He said with a smirk and Sky rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms.

“I know you don’t have another room.. I wanted to stay anyway.. Looks like I’ll have to sleep in your bed, Barakat.” She said with a smirk as she wandered into his room. She walked into his walk in closet and pulled out a random shirt, Pulling her own clothes off before putting the material over her head. She then walked into his joint bathroom and wiped the paint off her face and freshening up. Once she was all done she walked out and over to Jack who was already in his bed. She climbed in and instantly sighed as she sunk into the comfy mattress. She felt a pair of arms snake around her waist and sighed as she turned around in the grip, nuzzling into Jack’s chest.

“I’ve missed this..” He said with a soft sigh as he softly kissed her forehead. She sighed into his touch and snuggled further into him.

“I’m-.. I’m so confused.” She said, her voice breaking slightly as she spoke.

“Just.. Do you still like me Sky?” He asked and Sky nodded her head softly. Making him smile.

“I’ll always have my love for you Jack.. You where my first love.. The daughter of my child..” She explained and Jack nodded but wrapped his arms around her tighter. Sky didn’t know how his arms alone could make her feel so.. At home.. How they could make her feel so safe and wanted.. She had Alex just for the thrill, For the fact that they could get caught kissing any moment. They hadn’t gone any further than that and Sky was glad about that. Because she’d definitely regret it after. With numerous thoughts running through her head, Sky fell asleep in Jack’s arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
So... new Chapter.. Comment?