Status: Finished!

My Arranged Marriage to Sidney Crosby

Chapter Two: An Interesting Drive

Disclaimer: I only own my characters, Sidney and the Pittsburgh Penguins belong to Mario Lemieux.

Chapter Two

Apparently it wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be. I had to move in with Sidney in his house in Pennsylvania to live with him for awhile before we got married. Honestly- I always thought my parents would kill me if I had moved in with my boyfriend, but apparently not. And no, I’m not saying that Sidney is my boyfriend or that I even like him. I also had to quit my job being a teacher’s assistant.

“That should be the last box.” I told my dad, as he packed it in Sidney’s expedition. Oh yea, we had to drive down together. Should be quite the interesting ride.

“I love you darling. You be careful down there.” My father told me as he gave me a huge and kissed my forehead. My mother was next, she pulled me into a hug and told me to behave myself and watch after Sidney. I wanted to make a nasty reply, but I stopped myself before I could. I didn’t want to ruin this moment. I hugged my mom back and she let go.

Sidney opened the passenger seat of his expedition and I hopped in. Sidney shut the door and climbed in the driver’s seat, pulling out of the driveway. I watched my parents wave from the front porch and kept looking back even as we pulled off the street. When I knew I looked funny I turned to look forward. I tried to relax and fall asleep, but I wasn’t succeeding.

“Can we turn on the radio?” I finally asked, breaking the long silence.

“Yea, go for it.” Sidney said, giving me complete control over the stereo. I was surprised, but turned it on quickly searching the stations. Nothing, and I mean nothing was on.

“Do you have a CD or something?” I asked again. I watched as Sidney nodded his head, and reached his hand down to his side of the door and pulled out a CD case. He handed it to me and I took it. I quickly went through the whole thing and decided I really wasn’t in the mood for any of it. I was about to close it, when Sidney’s hand came over and pointed to one CD.

“Put this one in.” he said.

I bit my lip and took the CD out. It was just a blank CD, so I figured it was a mix that he had made or someone else had made for him. But when I was about to put the CD in, I saw something on it, it was a little note. The writing was cursive and it was pink. I knew immediately who must have made it- his ex girlfriend.

“Does this have a whole bunch of love songs on it, because I don’t know if I want to listen to that.” I said, studying Crosby’s features. At first he seemed to tense, but he quickly relaxed.

“No it’s not.” He said, “Just put it in- I’m pretty sure you’ll like it.”

I did as I was told and leaned back in my seat. I heard a bit of guitar playing, but not much after that. I passed out, guess not sleeping last night really got to me.

When I woke up again, we were in a gas station. I had no idea where we were or how long I had been asleep. I looked at the clock, but I didn’t look at the time. My eyes flicked over to a bunch of shiny silver pieces on the dash. I focused on them and realized they were part of a CD. It was broken, and when I say broken, I mean destroyed…to pieces. I was surprised that I hadn’t heard Sidney break it. I picked up one of the pieces with the pink writing; it had a name on it- Beth. Well that was a nice name I thought. I quickly put it back though when I saw Sidney coming out of the store, he was carrying some food with him. I watched him as he got in the driver’s seat and handed me a plate and a water.

“Thanks.” I said, not really hungry. I stared down at the sandwich. The ham and cheese looked really good, but I just wasn’t in the mood. I took a bite out of it anyways.

“Yup.” He said, as he started the vehicle up again and started driving again to his house. I sighed, he was acting weird and I normally wouldn’t mind him being so silent, but it was scaring me.

I decided to go out of a limb, “Are you all right?”

Sidney glanced at me and then back to the road, “What the hell do you think? My parents set up an arranged marriage, I just broke up with my girlfriend, and you’re moving in with me. What are my teammates going to say? Shit, I don’t even want to think about what the newspapers are going to print.”

This made me angry; he wasn’t the only one who was in that boat. “Really? You think I like the idea of us getting married? Fuck, I’m the one who has to leave my home, quit my job to come live with you. I don’t even know anyone who lives in Pittsburgh!” I yelled back.

“Well at least you’ll get some damn peace then!”

“Peace? Are you serious? I don’t like silence and I probably won’t get any damn peace down here because all your stupid puck bunnies and shit are going to tear me apart. And you want to know what your teammates and everyone else might say. Here, I’ll give you a little insight. ‘Sid’s only marrying that chick because she got pregnant when she fucked him and the little whore only wants his damn money and Sid being the great guy he is wanted to do the right thing.’”

“Don’t you turn this around on me.” He shouted.

“Turn this around on you?” I yelled, this was getting bad- we were doing so well too, “Hell you’ll be the one treated like a hero because they all think you’ve gotten me knocked up and try to fix the whole damn situation.” I was facing him fully now.

“Damn it! Just shut up.” He yelled at me.

“Pull over.” I told him.

“What?” he asked, surprised.

“Pull over.” I repeated.

“What the hell for?”

“I’m getting out.”

“No, we’re on the highway and you might get killed.”

“That’s better than being stuck with you.” I told him, my voice harsh.

“Fine.” He said, and quickly pulled over onto the shoulder of the highway.

I opened the door, my whole body being hit with the cold wind, and climbed out. I slammed the door shut as Sidney pulled back onto the highway and kept going.

“God I’m such an idiot.” I muttered to myself as I walked the shoulder, heading to the nearest exit or rest station. I shouldn’t have told him to pull over. I had no idea where I was or where I was supposed to go and I had no one to call for help. I stomped my foot on the ground as I heard a car pull over and I watched as they got out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hahaha, quick update right? Anyways, I hope you liked this. Please let me know what you think!!