Status: updates at least once a month depending on school :)

Serial heartbreaker

Chapter 7

Surprisingly over the next few days Zack and I went back to the way we were before our little stint at having a romantic relationship. I was more grateful for this than Zack would ever know. Alex had also become back to his old self, pretending that nothing had happened. Although he wouldn't let up with the flirting, he probably thought Zack and I had broken up so I could be with him. The last message I'd gotten from the mystery murderer was telling me to not even try to get back together with Zack and that it was in my brothers best interest if I left the tour and went back home within a week. It'd been two days and I'd bought my plane ticket and had already organised a taxi pick me up from the next stop. Now all that was left to do was to tell the guys.
I sat on the uncomfortable plane seat trying to get comfy for the 16 hour journey back to Australia. After much worrying I had chickened out of telling the guys I was leaving. Instead I wrote Alex a note explaining everything.
ALEX's POV
I smiled as I played the last song that I needed to for the sound check. Zack had left a long time ago, no doubt to buy Leah a present because of how much he loved her. Please note the sarcasm. I didn't know why Leah and Zack had broken up and I didn't really care because it meant I got a chance with her. I rushed back to the bus and checked to make sure it was empty before I got out my guitar to write more of the new song I'd been working on. When I opened the case I wasn't expecting a piece of paper to fall out, I was normally pretty neat. When I turned it over I was shocked at what it said.
Hey Alex,
I'm only telling you this because you know what it's like to lose brother. I know if you could have done something to save your brother you would have and that's why I'm trusting you with one of my biggest secrets. I have the chance to save my brother and I don't have to think twice about going for it. I know your probably confused about this and I'll try my best to explain. A few days after Zack and I started dating I recieved a message telling me to break up with him or they'll hurt my brother. There was a picture of him too that's why I knew that it was serious and that's why I broke up with him. I thought that was it then and they would let James go. Alex I was dumb to think that and I knew that when I got the message telling me to come home. Which depending on when you read this is where I am or am going. I can't believe that i'm probably never going to see any of you guys again. Please don't tell anyone why i've left or where i've gone. Please Alex I'm trusting you with the most important thing in my life, please don't make me regret it. I need you to tell Zack that I love him and that he is one of the most important people in my life and that I'm sorry for leaving him and that I love him so so much. I know you may not what to tell him because you two haven't been getting along that well but he needs to know that I appreciate everything he gave up for me and everything he did for me. Tell Jack that he is an amazing person and although some people may not see it that he's extremely deep and gives great advice. Also tell him that if I ever see him again we'll have to make another cake :). Tell Rian that he's an amazing person and his like my older wise brother. Tell him that I hope him and Cassadee have an amazing future together. Finally tell Matt, thanks for letting me come on this tour and that I love him and his weird Disney fetish.
And Alex I couldn't forget you. Thanyou so much for being an amazing person to vent to when everything went to shit. I heard what you said to Zack when you guys where fighting and I love you too. Maybe if you had come to me before Zack had I would've said yes. I also want you to know that if I had known you liked me when Zack asked me out I would've said no. Alex your an amazing guy and don't let anyone convince you that your selling out. Keep writing the music you love and know that somewhere I will be listening to it. Finally Alex there's one last thing I want you to do, start getting along with Zack again. You two used to be great friends and don't let that go. I love you so much Mr Gaskarth <3
I never knew that you guys would make such a huge impact on my life in such a small time and I never expected to fall in love with four such amazing and beautiful people.
P.S tell Matt he's a cutie and I love him too.
I love you all so much.
Love Leah xx
PPS I've changed my number but I'm going to need someone to talk to, so if you ever get lonely or there's an emergency call or text me on 0499 385 948
I read and reread those words over and over trying to make sence of it all. It was so much to take in at once. I felt a few tears run down my cheeks and land on the paper. I was so caught up in reading the note again that I didn't hear the guys storm onto the bus. 'Alex, why are you crying?' Jack asked. 'Leahs gone she left me a note and told me to tell you' I watched as there faces fell as I repeated what she'd told me to tell them. After i'd finished the last sentence it was silent before Zack stood up storming of in a fit of rage. Rian stood up to go after him and was almost out the door when I stopped him. 'Let me go' i spoke runnning after Zacks retreating figure. What Leah had said in the letter had made it painfully clear that Zack and I did need to make up. If not for us then for the sake of the band.
I caught up to Zack after a painful minute of running. 'Alex what the fuck do you want?.'he snapped. His eyes were glazed over but he was yet to cry. 'I want us to be friends again. I'm sorry i've been a dick over the past few weeks.' When Zack didn't say anything I kept talking. 'I know your going to miss Leah, trust me we all will. I know she made a huge impact on your life but she said she'd try to come back and if she doesn't were going to Australia soon for soundwave and I'm sure that maybe we could stay there if you wanted to look for her. Zack looked at me for a moment before he spoke. 'Look Alex I accept your apology, we're friends again ok. Just don't talk to me about Leah I just want to block out the 6 weeks I knew her, so everything that happened is forgotten. Now I'm going to go for a run. Goodbye Alex.' Zacks words were final. I watched him run into the distance getting further and further away until I retreated back to the bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry this is short and this fanfic keeps getting worse and worse and as much as I want to stop it I'm not going to because when I started writing it I made a promise to myself to finally finish a fanfic not get halfway and stop.