Sequel: Just Friends
Status: Active :) Comments get you updates!

Don't Worry, I Fight Dirty

Epic Fight

What in the hell did Alex just ask Charlie?!

"NO!" Mason and I blurted at the same time. I gave my fiancé a sideways glance that he didn’t see before returning my eyes back to Alex.

"I...um...yeah, Alex." Charlie smiled. "I am."

Alex’s smile wavered, but soon returned.

I, of course, would be the only one to notice this.

"Great. We can go see a movie at like two tomorrow? I’m off then."

Charlie nodded with a small smile.

I wanted to pull her fake blonde hair out.

"That sounds like so much fun." Charlie replied with a fake giggle.

"Alex, kitchen, now." I stated as I stood up.

He gave me a confused look.

"I’m not fucking kidding!" I stomped my foot. "Alexander, now!" I stormed off into my kitchen with Alex following closely on my heels. I turned around, and I saw others glancing at us from the living room. I rolled my eyes, and I tugged him out to my back yard. I let go of his hand, and ran my hands threw my hair in attempt to calm me down.

What in the hell did I just pull?!

"Katie?" Alex asked me after a few moments of silence.

"Shut up, Alex! Just shut the fuck up!"

"What’s wrong?" He asked me, clearly not taking my warning.

"Why did you just do that?!"

Alex didn’t say anything.

"Alex, answer me dammit!"

"I didn’t want you and Mason to start fighting, okay?" Alex admitted. "You love him, and I don’t want you guys to hurt one another."

"So you asked out Charlie so Mason and I will work out? Alex, you aren’t making any sense at all."

"Of course I’m not." He mumbled. "I’m going back in there."

"Whatever." I mumbled back as he gave me a second look. "What?"

"Katelyn, please don’t run him off too."

My eyes grew wide.

"What?"

"You heard me. Don’t run Mason off like you ran me off."

"Alex..." I trailed off. "What are you talking about?"

"Ugh." He groaned. "You know what? Never mind. I’m going inside now."

This time, Alex actually did go back inside.

It took me a minute or so to realize that I needed to enter again. When I walked into the living room, all of the eyes were on me.

"Sorry that it took so long." I forced a smile. "Just trying to make sure Alex’s intentions with Charlie are more than a one night stand." I joked.

Jack rolled his eyes, and Zack gave me a ‘yeah right’ look. Rian just laughed at my statement.

"I have no such intentions." Alex replied after a minute. "I just want to go out with a pretty girl."

Lisa looked at me and rolled her eyes.

"Alex and his blondes."

"I know, right?" I laughed. "I think he falls for the hair color first and then the girl, if they stay around long enough."

Lisa started to laugh loudly.

"Nice one." She gave me a high five.

Both of us received a slight glare from Alex.

"I know, right?" I laughed.

Cayla gave me a look, and I knew what it was about.

I was faking it, and I knew that I was.

Cayla knew it too.

 

"Mason, do you mind if I still your fiancé for a moment?" Cayla asked Mason as she enter the kitchen a few days later.
"Uh...not at all?" Mason shrugged.

I smiled, and I followed my best friend out of the kitchen and toward the front door.

"Let me just grab on my shoes."

"Kay." She shrugged as she waited for me to put on my shoes. We walked out of my house and onto the porch.

"So, what did you want to talk about?"

"You know where Alex is right now, don’t you?"

I nodded.

"Yeah...so?"

"Why aren’t you doing anything to stop it?"

"Alex wants to date Charlie. Why not let him?"

"Cause it’s wrong!" She almost yelled.

I stared at her, she looked angry with me.

"Cayla? Calm down. It can’t be good for that baby," I joked.

"Katelyn, seriously. This isn’t some sort of joke."

The look in her eyes told me that she was dead serious.

"Alex only asked Charlie out so that you, her, and Mason wouldn’t throw down in World War III, and so that Mason wouldn’t break your heart."

"What are you talking about?"

"Kate, If you and Charlie were to get into a fight, Mason would choose her in a heart beat."

"But...we’re getting married next month."

"Yeah, so?" Cayla looked at me. "The guy doesn’t really love you. Would any guy in their right mind put off an engagement for two years?"

"A good one." I snapped. "He loves me, okay? And He wants to marry me."

"Keep telling yourself that." Cayla stated, standing up. "Mason’s been cheating on you with Charlie. If you don’t believe me, ask him yourself."

"Don’t think that I won’t!" I snapped, standing up too. "Cause he isn’t, Cayla. He loves me, and he wouldn’t do such a thing to me."

"Whatever, Katelyn. I’m tired of standing around, and watching you give your heart to a fucking douche bag. You’re losing yourself, and that’s one of the most dangerous things someone can do."

I took in a deep breath.

"Mason’s a tool. He doesn’t love you and as soon as he has sex with you, you two are so over."

"Get the fuck off of my porch."

Cayla stared at me, and then walked down the steps.

"I hope that you’re ready to get your heart broken, Katelyn. I hope that Liz and Lisa are here to help you put it back together, because I sure as hell won’t be."

It hurt so bad to see my best friend just walk away.

What in the world was going on with my life anymore?
♠ ♠ ♠
I updated :) Please COMMENT!

Comments motivate me :)

Go check out my new story Secret Valentine

- Rae <3