Sequel: Just Friends
Status: Active :) Comments get you updates!

Don't Worry, I Fight Dirty

Actors

"Come on, Katelyn! You’ve gotta come!" Rian pleaded. "It’s a home town show and you haven’t been to one of our concerts in like three years."

That was true...

"Ugh." I groaned. "Rian, I don’t want to cause any tension. You know if I go, that Mason is coming too, right?"

He rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, sure, whatever. Just please come, okay?"

Slowly, I nodded my head.

"Okay."

"Seriously?!"

"Yes, Rian. Seriously!" I laughed as one of the boys I’ve know since I was a little kid grinned his million dollar smile at me. Rian embraced me in a huge bear hug before kissing the side of my head.

"I’ll see you later, kido." He stated as I walked him to my door. "I’ve got shit to take care of."

I nodded.

"Okay...um what time should I get there?"

"Around 6:45." He replied. "I left the passes on your kitchen counter, so don’t forget them."

"I won’t." I replied. "I’ll see you later, kay?"

"Bye, Kate."

"Bye, Ri." I replied as he left my house.

I walked back into the kitchen, and scooped up the tickets and passes. I put them deep into my purse, and I headed toward my old room. I walked in, and went straight to the closet. I quickly found an outfit that I was proud ofhttp://www.polyvore.com/katies_concert_outfit_dwifd/set?id=24643713 ,and I headed for the shower. After twenty minutes of washing my body, and cleaning my hair, I was finally done. I got out and decided to letting my hair go it’s naturally wavy self. I put on my smokey black and grey eyeshadow, and semi-thick eyeliner followed my mascara. When I was done, I walked out of my old bathroom, and down the stairs. I heard someone in the kitchen, and I figured that it would be Mason.

I turned the corner, and both Mason and Charlie looked like they were just lounging around.

"My, doesn’t someone look gorgeous?" Mason joked, planting a light kiss on my lips.

This guy loves me. There is no way he’s cheating.

Right?

"Thank you." I smiled. "Rian brought us all some passes for t- a show tonight. Wanna go?" I asked.

"I would love to, doll, but Charlie can’t be left here all along, now could she?"

Hell yeah she can.

"Of course not." I stated quickly. "She is dating Alex, and he sent over her a pass as well."

"I’d love to go." Charlie interrupted Mason. "I guess I finally get to see my...guy in action."

I nodded, biting the inside of my cheek to keep from hurting her.

"Well, go get ready. It’s a inside show, so I guess you can wear whatever." I shrugged.

Charlie smiled.

"Okay. I’ll be down in fifteen minutes." She stated as she went up the stairs, and to Jenna’s old room.

"Aren’t you going to get ready?" I asked him.

Mason shrugged.

"I’m already ready?"

I inspected his outfit, American Eagle jeans, a Aeropostale shirt and American Eagle hoodie. http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=24696334

"Alright." I tried to smile. "We leave in twenty minutes."

"Can’t wait."

I knew that Mason was lying, but I didn’t really care.

 

 

My hand was shaking as I handed the bouncer my ticket and flashed my backstage pass. He ushered me in, and Mason along with Charliehttp://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=24642958 followed me in.

"Wow, this place is starting to get packed." I stated as I looked at all of the young adults and teens that filled the area. "Let’s get backstage to wish the guys good luck right quick,"

Charlie smiled.

"I’m down for that."

"Right this way." I laughed as me and the girl that I couldn’t stand less than an hour ago started toward backstage. Mason sulked behind, but followed us anyway. We showed the bouncer our backstage passes, and he let us in. We walked into the dressing room, hoping that they weren’t getting ready or anything. The room sent me back in time as soon as I opened it. This was the same dressing room that they had when they played this venue three years ago. It looked so familiar but foreign.

I didn’t like the uneasily happy feeling I got when I thought about what happened the day of that concert.

"Kate!" Jack squealed as soon as he saw us.http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=24696905 The lanky boy run over to me, and literally jumped into my arms. "I thought you weren’t coming."

"And miss this?" I laughed, holding my ridiculous friend in my arms. "I would never."

Alex came into the room laughing.

"Jack, don’t kill Katie, please." He stated.http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=24694976 "Mason here might been offended if you do."

"I might be." Mason joked.

However, Alex or Jack didn’t pay him a bit of attention. Jack jumped out of my arms, and started to jump up and down.

"We’ve got a show tonight!!"

I raised my brows at him.

"You okay, bud?"

"He’s just a little overexcited." Rian explained as he came to give me a hug. "We haven’t played in like a month." http://www.polyvore.com/rian_concert_outfit_dwifg/set?id=24697499

"You guys must be dying to get out there, huh?" I asked them.

"You could say that." Alex laughed. "And we’re playing our new song. I pray that it doesn’t suck monkey’s ass."

I rolled my eyes at Alex.

"You guys could never suck, okay?"

"Whatever." Rian rolled his eyes. "Aren’t you guys excited too?"

Charlie and I nodded our heads.

"I am." I stated. "Which reminds me, we need to get out there, and push our way to the front. It’s a mad house already."

"Okay. See you out there." Alex stated as he gave me a hug, and then Charlie one.

"Bye." We all stated as we left the room, and went back out.

"We’ll just have to push ourselves through the crowd to get the best spot." I informed them.

"Let’s do it." Charlie laughed. "Just lead the way."

I nodded as I grabbed her and Mason, and I made our way to the front. On one really gave us problems up until we were basically at the front.

"Hey! Back off." One girl around 16 stated. "I was here first."

I turned to look at her, and her hard expression changed.

"Hey, aren’t you Alex’s Katelyn?"

I nodded.

"Yeah, he was my best friend."

"I’m so sorry." She stated as she made room for us three without giving up her spot. "I can’t believe that I’m meeting you."

I laughed.

"Am I that well known?"

"Just as much as Lisa. Everyone knows that you’re Alex’s best friend."

"This is Charlie, Alex’s current girlfriend."

Both girls looked at me in shock.

"He’s not exactly my boyfriend per say, we’re just dating."

"Oh, cool." She laughed.

The music started, and then I heard Zack running on stage. http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=24696584

This should be an interesting night.

 

 

The guys had just finished Dear Maria, Count Me In, and I thought that they were done.

"Okay, guys, we’re going to play just one more song if that’s alright." Alex stated.

"Alex, no one cares if you have AIDS!" Jack yelled into the mic.

"Dude, I care!" Alex joked back. "Anyway, all STD distractions aside...we’re going to play one last song for you guys."

"What’s this one about, Alex?" Zack stated into his mic.

Zack rarely talked during concerts, or around his friends much at all.

"This song is about a girl." He retorted. "She’s someone that I hold near to my heart. I seriously would give my life to save hers." He laughed. "Anyway, I wrote this song when things weren’t exactly the best between us, but here it goes. This on is called Actors, this is for you, Katie."

Actors?! He had to fucking play that song?!

And then say my nickname into the mic?!

The girl beside of me gave me a sly smile, and I tried my best to ignore it.

 

Safe little house
Safe little friends
Safe little thoughts to keep you safe
From all those big bad wolves
That eat you up.
Safe in your room Safe as a tomb
Sleep in a coffin made of glass
It takes a big façade to hide the cracks.

*Those lyrics struck a familiar cord with me.*

Can you make, this last
'Cause now I'm not so sure
Are you up, to the task
Sometimes the sickness is the cure
You're searching so hard
You've lost yourself
Does it help you to play
As you're wasting away
Like a silver-screen cliché
'Cause after all we're actors on a stage
(O-oh, o-oh; o-oh, o-oh)
Would it help you to wait
For the moment to break
Is it real or is it fake?
All we are just chapters on a page
(O-oh, o-oh; o-oh, o-oh)
'Cause after all, we're actors on a stage

*I watched as all of the guys got into the song. They looked happy, but Alex didn’t. He was staring at me, as if trying to say something with his eyes. Either way, I didn’t understand what he was saying.*

Here in the now
Shedding the doubts
There'll be no past or future tense
Regrets are waste of time
And plans will change
(Plans will always change)
Oh, some for the worst, some for the best
You know you can't always get your way,
So worried about what's next
You lost today (Oh, you lost today)
Can you make, this last
'Cause now I'm not so sure,
Are you up, to the task
Sometimes the sickness is the cure
(The sickness is the cure)
You're searching so hard
You've lost yourself
Does it help to play
As you're wasting away
Like a silver-screen cliché
'Cause after all we're actors on a stage
(O-oh, o-oh, o-oh, o-oh)
Would it help you to wait
For the moment to break
Is it real or is it fake?
All we are just chapters on a page
(O-oh, o-oh, o-oh, o-oh)
'Cause after all we're actors on a stage
Can you let yourself
Can you let yourself
Will you let yourself
Will you let yourself
Let go, let go
Can you let yourself
Can you let yourself
Would you let yourself
Just let yourself
Let go, let go

*Dammit! He got me down to a t, and was showing it to the world with

this song. I really hated Alex at the moment. All I wanted to do was hit him*

Safe little house
Safe little friends
Safe little thoughts to keep you safe
Does it help you to play
As you're wasting away
Like a silver-screen cliché
'Cause after all we're actors on a stage
(O-oh o-oh, o-oh o-oh)
Would it help you to wait
For the moment to break
Is it real or is it fake?
All we are just chapters on a page
(Chapters on a page)
Does it help you to play
As you're fading away
Like a memory
'Cause all we are just chapters on a page
(Chapters on a page)
And after all we're actors on a stage.
 

"Thank you guys so fucking much!" Alex stated. "We’re All Time Low. Goodnight!" He called as the four guys hurried off of the stage. I turned around quickly, and I headed toward out of the sea of people. What Alex did really pissed me off. I was fine with him playing the other songs he wrote about me, but to point it out, that really hurt.

I’m going to kill him.
♠ ♠ ♠
In honor of Alex trending on twitter... I updated :)

- Rae <3