Sequel: Just Friends
Status: Active :) Comments get you updates!

Don't Worry, I Fight Dirty

Katie, Please Don't Cry

"That was great guys!" Cayla cheered as we came back into the dressing room. http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=24736828

"Thanks, Cay." I replied. "I’m going to go take a shower. I’m so gross and stinky."

"Jack’s already got it." Zack told me right before he kissed his wife.

"Mother fucker!" I huffed. "I’ve got it second."

Rian shrugged.

"Fine with me."

"Me too." Zack laughed.

"Not me." Cayla scrunched his nose, and moved out from underneath Zack’s arm.

"You guys are-."

"ALEXANDER WILLIAM GASKARTH!" A girl yelled from behind me.

I shuttered because I knew who it was, and the fact that she was yelling my whole name scared me. I slowly turned around, and Katelyn was walked quickly toward me.

"YOU!" She pointed at me. "What the FUCK WAS THAT?!"

Zack, Cayla, and Rian shrunk away leaving us alone.

"W-what are you talking about?" I asked her as I tugged my hand nervously through my sweaty hair.

"Don’t act like that, Alex." She huffed. "Why in the hell did you have to say my name on stage, let alone a nick-name from way back?!"

"Look, I didn’t mean to offend you." I defended myself. "I wanted you to know what the song was about,"

"Cayla already told me!" She snapped.

"She did?! When?!"

"Before I even came back to Baltimore. We took a plane to California. She told me about all of the songs you wrote, Alex."

I only found myself nodding.

"It hurts." She stopped yelling, and hurt overcame her gorgeous face.

"I’m so sorry." I whispered. "Don’t cry, for the love of God, Katie. Please, don’t cry."

She shook her head.

"I stopped crying over you a long time ago, Alex." She whispered. "I’m just hurt."

I felt my heart drop.

"I’m hurting too." I admitted.

"Why are you hurting?" She asked me. "You got a couple great hits off your pain. You should be done and over me."

"Just because I should be, doesn’t mean that I am." I replied. "It kills me every single time that Mason holds you, kisses you, or looks at you. I want to literally go insane. And when you look at him..." I trailed off. "It kills me even more to know that you will never feel the same way about him that you feel for me."

"Alex..." She trailed off, looking into my eyes.

Then and there I knew that I was right. She couldn’t lie to me, and she knew that she couldn’t. One look in her eyes, and I could tell if she was lying. I was able to read Katie like a book.

I opened my arms, and she slowly stepped into my hold. I held Katie close to me, and I rubbed slowly circles into her back. I never wanted to move. I was perfectly content with where I was.

"Katie..." I whispered. "I love you."

She hesitated, but I didn’t care. I love her regardless of what she thought about me.

My head was resting beside hers, my lips at her ear. Her head was placed perfectly against my chest, and she snuggled deeper into my arms.

"I love you, too."

I swear my heart stopped from joy I was feeling.

We stood there for five minutes, just enjoying being in each other’s arms. Slowly, she retracted her head, and looked up at me. A heartbreaking smile spread across her lips, causing me to grin back.

"Alex?"

"Yeah?" I slightly laughed.

"You fucking stink." I started to crack up, and I released her. "Hey now! I never said I wanted you to let me go!"

"Okay?" I laughed, and I wrapped her back up in my arms. "Katie?"

"Mmhmm?" She replied.

"Why are you with Mason?"

This made her head shoot up, and look at me.

"Cause.... I-I love him too." She stammered.

My heart dropped again.

"Oh." I retracted my arms from around her. "I’m going to go take a shower now, okay?"

She nodded sadly, and watched me as I walked away.

I couldn’t keep holding her if she loved Mason too.

It was just wrong.

"What happened?" Cayla asked me as soon as I made it back to my friends.

"I told her that I still love her." I shrugged.

Rian’s mouth dropped.

"And she said?"

"She loves me too." I replied. "But she also loves Mason."

"I’m sorry, Alex." Cayla hugged me. "She’ll realize that you are who she belongs too."

"Hopefully not too late." Zack added.

I looked at him confused.

"What does that mean?"

"Alex, Katelyn is getting married in like two weeks." Cayla pointed out. "We all are going."

"Not me." I shook my head. "I can’t be a part of that."

Awkward silence filled the air.

"The shower’s free." Jack stated as he came back out in a pair of gym shorts and a black v-neck.

I nodded, and headed in.
♠ ♠ ♠
AWE! I hope you loves it :)
Two comments and I update pronto!

- Rae <3