Sequel: Just Friends
Status: Active :) Comments get you updates!

Don't Worry, I Fight Dirty

Back To Square One

"Alright, if we’re going to fight right now, you might as well do it." I stated harshly at Alex.

He had been quiet for a full five minutes.

"I don’t want to fight."

"Then what in the hell are we doing now?"

"I just want to talk, okay? You need to know something about Mason."

I groaned.

"Not you two."

"Katie..." Alex trailed off. "Mason’s a douche. You deserve better than that."

"I do? And what do I deserve, Alex? You?"

"No. You can do better than me," Alex replied softly. "Don’t give your heart to Mason, he’s only breaking it."

"Alex, out." I stated. "You’re distracting me and my dancers." I replied in a desperate attempt to get him to drop it.

"You have got to stop running from your problems."

"When have I ever, Alex? Riddle me that."

"Alright, fine." Alex shrugged. "When you were ten and I was twelve, and you got in a fight with me, you started to avoid me until I made you talk to me. In high school when you stopped talking to me because of Lisa for nearly a year, and I had to make you listen to me in Vegas. Then you hopped on a plane and left. When I ran into you that day at Best Buy three years ago, you did everything in your power to push me away until I showed up at your house. When we were together, you kept things bottled up. You never told me about your worries about Lisa, you never explained why you jumped my ass randomly, and right before you left for London we were getting along great. When I arrived to London, you were engaged." He looked like he was having a hard time saying it out loud.

"I know, and I’m sorry..." I trailed off.

"No you aren’t." Alex shook his head. "You told me that we couldn’t even be friends. It killed me. I was in love with you, hell, I still am." He forced a chuckle. "But Mason is sneaking behind your back."

"With Charlie, right?" I asked. "You and Cayla are fucking unbelievable. Why would you guys tell me shit like this?"

"Because it’s true." He argued. "Look, screw up your life over a guy."

"It’s not like I haven’t before." I pressed back. "Look at the damage you caused."

"Damage I caused you?!" He spat, finally getting mad. "Do you know how many songs I’ve actually written about you?!"

"Yeah, about that." I got even more pissed off. "Why in the hell did you do that, Alex?!"

"Because it helped me." He stated. "Too Much was inspired about how we went too far too fast. Damned If I Do Ya, Damned If I Don’t was about how I was feeling. About how I felt like I never did anything right! Stella was a freaking double meaning! I almost ended up in rehab for drinking so much. Walls was about how no matter what, I just wanted to fall in love with you, and how I’m not the same guy I used to be. Therapy is about how I LOST you, the best fucking part of my life. And Actors is pretty fucking obvious."

"Alex, out." I pointed to the door again. "GO!"

He shook his head, and walked out in a huff, soon followed by a sad looking Jack. I turned to look at my dancers, feeling completely humiliated. "Class is over. See you guys in two days." I mumbled. The girls got their stuff quickly, and left me to be alone in a room full of mirrors.

And now we’re back to square one.
♠ ♠ ♠
If I get a comment, I'll update :)