Sequel: Just Friends
Status: Active :) Comments get you updates!

Don't Worry, I Fight Dirty

That's Not Jenna

"Thank you." Lisa and I both replied as the waitress poured us both glasses of wine. We were now sitting down with our food at The Olive Garden.

The waitress nodded before leaving us to talk.

"So you are getting married? That’s awesome!"

I smiled, and then I nodded.

"Yeah. You should come."

"Can I bring a date?"

I felt myself tense up for a brief moment before I relaxed again.

"It’s not Alex." She laughed. "That chapter is now closed in my book."

"Really?"

"Yupp. It ended badly that night in London."

"Oh, gosh. Lisa, I’m so sorry that I ruined things between you guys."

"You didn’t ruin anything, Katelyn." She assured me with a small but sincere laugh.

I bit my lip.

"Are you sure?"

"I am almost a zillion percent positive. He was never a good match for me."

I took a sip of my wine.

"He wasn’t a good match for me either."

Lisa raised an eyebrow at me.

"Are you sure about that?"

"Yupp." I nodded. "I’ve turned to the next chapter."

"But are you ready to close the book?" She laughed at me. I nodded, and laughed along.

"Yes, I honestly say that I can."

She studied my face.

"You’ve become a better liar."

"Thank you."

I didn’t deny anything.

"So, why did everything between you and Alex just not work?"

"Everything about our relationship was crazy. I went from my ex Adam, and right into Alex’s arms. Actually, Alex came to me before I was even broken up with Adam,"

"Really?" She raised her eyebrows again. "What happened?"

"Alex came over, confessed his love, I confessed my love, and then we made love." It seriously hurt to say it out loud. "I gave Alex my right, and Adam saw it."

"The ring that he used to wear all of the time?"

I was taken back a little bit. He was still suppose to wear it.

"Um...yeah."

"What did it say?"

"True love waits. It was my purity ring."

"Oh my god."

"He felt terrible for taking it." I told her. "But that was how our relationship started. It was at the worst time possible."

"I see." She drank the rest of her wine. "So that’s why he always refused to talk about it?"

"I guess so." I shrugged. "We were just too much for each other."

"He has said that too."

"I figured." I was quiet as we waited for the check. "Do you talk to him?"

Lisa nodded.

"Um...yeah. A lot, actually."

"Could you not mention that I’ve moved back?" I asked her.

"He already knows. He found out when Zack called him a few days ago."

I groaned.

"There goes my plan to avoid him until I run into him at the store or something."

Lisa laughed.

"That doesn’t seem like a great plan."

"I know, but it was the best I could come up with at the moment."

The waitress came back with the check. I paid the $40.00 bill, and then Lisa and I made our way back to my Mercedes. We got in, escaping the nippy air. It was mid-October, and the leaves were changing everywhere.

"Thank you for lunch." She stated as I pulled out of the parking lot.

"Do you want to go shopping?"

"I can’t." She pouted. "I’ve got to meet Todd for a movie."

"Who is Todd?" I asked her curiously.

"My soon-to-be boyfriend!" She giggled.

"That’s great!" I stated "We should double sometime."

"That would be so much fun." She agreed as I pulled up to her house. Lisa got out, waved, and thanked me again for lunch. "Thank you! See you again soon?"

"Of course! Bye, Lisa."

"Bye!" She went into her house, and I sped off in the direction of the grocery store. It was just now 12:45.

I was almost done with my shopping, and I was looking for a can of green beans. They were on the top shelf.

"Great!" I groaned as I tried to jump in my heels, and get the beans. I jumped a total of five more times before a hand reached for the can I wanted. He handed it to me. I looked up to see the guy. A wide smiled spread across my face.

"Jack!" I almost yelled.

He gave me a shocked look.

"Katelyn!" Jack wrapped me up in a bone crushing hug.

"What are you doing?" I laughed.

Jack was pulling my hair, pinching my nose, and roaming the rest of my face when I asked him that.

"I’m making sure that you aren’t a figment of my own imagination."

I giggled.

"Same ole’ Jack-O."

"Damn straight." He nodded. "When did you get back?"

"Um...today. I actually just moved in."

"That’s awesome!"

Gosh, I missed this kid.

"What brings you here?"

"Doing some shopping with the gf."

I gave him a really cheeky grin.

"And who may that be?"

I was almost positive that it was Jenna.

"The most amazing, and perfect girl for me." He grinned from ear to ear.

"Jack?" We heard someone call.

"In the veggies!" Jack called back.

That girl’s voice didn’t sound like Jenna’s at all.

"Oh, hey." She smiled shyly at me. "I’m Liz."

"I’m Katelyn."

"I’ve heard a lot about you."

"Really?" I looked down at my heels for a moment.

"Relax, KitKat!" Jack laughed. "She heard it from Rian, Zack, Cayla, and myself. No Alex."

I wanted to hit myself for making it so obvious.

"It’s great to meet you Liz." I smiled at the natural redhead. She looked sort of shy, but with her dating Jack, I knew she couldn’t be too awful shy.

"You to."

"You both should come over some time."

Jack looked at me questionably.

"I dunno..."

"You don’t have to, of course. I was just saying that it would be nice to catch up, and get to know, Liz."

"Oh." He nodded.

"We would love to join you for dinner." Liz chirped from beside of him. "What time should we be over?"

I stared in disbelief. No girl had guts to do that.

I snapped out of it, and checked to see that it was almost 4. I had been in here for forever.

"Um...7?"

"Awesome." Liz nodded. "I’m going to get in the check out line, Jack."

"Okay." He nodded as she kissed his cheek, and went to a short line.

"Awe!" I giggled. "That was so cute! I love how she’s nothing like your exes! She’s so sweet!"

"Jenna was nice." He pointed out. "But Liz is just so....different. I love spending time with her.

"Yeah." I nodded. "But Jenna was a loose cannon. Liz is the type of girl that you should bring home to your mom."

"Done." He smiled proudly.

I felt my mouth drop. No girl had ever really been introduced to his mom before.

"That serious?!"

Jack looked even more like a kid in love than just a five year old kid.

"Yeah!" He replied with this goofy grin on his face.

"How long have you two been together?" I asked.

"Just sense this summer." Jack informed me. "We started dating the first week in June."

"Dude!" I was excited. "You must really like this girl."

"I’m kind of in love with her."

His smiled widened, if that was even possible.

"Goodness! Jack Attack is in L-O-V-E!" I sang.

"I have to go." He laughed, hugging me one more time before heading over to Liz. His lips were attached to hers in a surprise kiss. She was caught off guard, but they stood kissing. It was so sweet.

At least Jack was happy. That’s all I wanted as for my friends to be happy.

Except for Alex. I didn’t want him to have moved on.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/katie_dwifd_outfit/set?id=23849240
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=23863997

outfits!

Sorry! Alex WILL be in the next chapter!