Sequel: Just Friends
Status: Active :) Comments get you updates!

Don't Worry, I Fight Dirty

Almost

"How long have you been wanting him anyway?" Becky asked, giving me a cheeky smile.

I laughed lightly.

"He's my best friend." I muttered. "I've been in love with the kid since I was eight."

"That long?" Riley raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah." I sighed heavily again. "Now can we get down to business. I didn't call this surprise practice for nothing."

"You called this surprise practice because you ran out on your man." Jenny laughed. "Way to go. Be a run-a-way bride."

I rolled my eyes at her attempt to pull a joke out of this entire situation.

"Dance. Now." I stated as I pressed play on the cd. The girls were still in their dresses, but took off their heels.

This was going to be a long practice.

 

 

"Hello?" Alex answered.

"Hey, Lexi." I laughed.

"Katie, what's up?" Excitement now showed in his voice.

"Um...the dancers just left, and I've kind of been here for a while. I didn't realize until now that I really don't have a ride home, and it's late and-."

"I'll be there in a second." Alex cut me off, causing a quick giggle escape my lips. "I love you."

"Mmhmm." I muttered back, earning a sigh from him. "Bye, Lex."

"Bye." He hung up, and I sat down outside on the steps in the dark.

Only a few minutes later, that familiar silver car pulled up to the curb.

"That was fast." I mumbled.

"Are you going to get in, or are you just going to sit there?"

"I'm coming." I responded, half-heartedly. I walked around, and I jumped into the passenger side of his car. "Thanks."

"You know I'll always be here for you, Katie."

"I know you will, Alex." I smiled at him in the dark. "You are the best guy I know."

I felt his smirk appear on his face.

"I know I am."

"Better whipe that smirk off your pretty little face, Gaskank."

He laughed softly.

"What is with the hurtful nick-name?"

"I thought that it was cute." I giggled.

It was silent for a few moments.

"Hey, Lexi?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think that I could stay with you tonight?"

"Why...." He trailed off.

"I told Mason to move out, but he isn't leaving the house until Friday."

"That's like a whole seven days."

"I know, but..." I trailed off. "Please, Alex?"

"You don't have to beg." He laughed. "You know that I'm going to say yes anyway."

I felt a smile spread across my face.

"Thank you so much."

"Mmmhmm." He muttered back. He slowly pulled into his house that had a nice glow to it. I could tell that people were inside. He lead the way up the porch, and into the house. I slowly followed. Once we were inside, everyone turned toward the door to see who came in.

I was shocked to see all of my friends in there. Rian and Cass were cuddeled up together on the long couch beside of Cayla, who had her legs proped up on his legs. Liz and Jack were on the love seat making out, and Lisa was in the recliner.

"Katelyn!" Cayla swung her legs off of Zack's lap, and walked over to me. She hugged me as tight as she could. I hugged her back, and She stepped back to take a look at me. "Sweetie, have you been crying?"

I only nodded, and tried to smile.

"Yeah...."

"Honey!" She cried.

"Zack?" I asked looking at him. "Is your wife okay?"

He got up and walked over to us.

"Cayla, time for bed." He laughed. "Her vitamin's make her a little wacky."

"Good to know..." I mused as he guided his wife to the bedroom that they were staying in.

"You okay, Lynnie?" Lisa asked as she stood up from the chair.

I nodded, and I smiled.

"I'm better now. Thanks, Leesh."

"No problem." She smiled as she hugged me. "I've gotta go. Derek and I have a movie date planned in about an hour."

"Good." I laughed.

Lisa waved to everyone, and hugged Alex in a side hug before walking toward the door.

"Remember, this chapter isn't done. It's the rest of your book." She playfully winked as she walked out of the front door.

"I don't think that I could ever get used to that." Alex mummbled.

"Get use to what?" I asked him as we walked into the living room. I took Lisa's old seat, and he sat down where Cayla and Zack once had been.

"You and Lisa...it's weird."

I laughed, and shook my head.

"Nah. She's a sweetheart."

Jack raised an eyebrow at me.

"Really now?"

Liz hit him in the arm.

"Owwie!"

"Stop being an ass." She muttered. "Lisa's nice."

"So is a shark." Rian rolled his eyes. He checked his watch, and Cass pouted at her boyfriend, knowning what was on his mind. "Sorry, Alex, but we've gotta go. First night in the new house and all."

Alex nodded.

"You know the way out." Alex stated.

Cassadee and Rian waved to everyone before they walked out of the house.

"And then there were four." Liz laughed.

"You know what I need?" I stated.

"No what?" Jack asked.

"I need to get fucking wasted." I smiled. "Let's go to Fierce!" I stated with excitement.

"Are you okay?" Alex laughed. "What happened to Katie?"

"She grew up?"

"I'm down." Jack shrugged.

"I never said that I wasn't." Alex agreed.

"Ooh! I call DD." She smiled. "I don't drink."

I felt my mouth drop.

"Jack, you better fucking marry this one." I stated out loud, causing Liz to blush. "Lexi?"

"Katie?" He whinned back.

"I'm gonna go raid you're closet for clothes. I'm still some." I stated as I ran toward his bedroom. I heard a loud sight escape his lips, but I didn't care. I flung open the bedroom door, and went straight to his closet. I found a tank top and a pair of jeans that I really hoped fit me. I quickly got dressed, and went into his bathroom. I saw the flat iron first, and I pulled it up. I knew that Alex didn't have any shoes that would fit me, so I happily raced back out of the room, and found Liz grabbing some water from the fridge.

"Hey Lizzy?"

"Yeah?" She laughed. http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=24967783

"Do you have any converse I could use?"

"Uh..yeah. Come with me." She instructed as she pulled me to Rian's old bed room. She knocked loudly. "Jackie, are you ready?" She called.

He opened the door, and stood with just his skinny jeans on.

"Does it really look like I'm ready?" http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=24967826

Liz rolled her eyes.

"And you get my black high tops for Kate?"

"Sure." He shrugged as he disappeared into his room. He came back with a pair of converse, and handed them to me. I took the shoes gladly, and I went back to Alex's room. He was shirtless, and pulling on his pants.

I attempted to whistle.

I failed miserably.

His head shot up to me, and he smiled.

"I was actually looking for that shirt." He laughed.

"Sorry?" I shrugged. "I think that it looks better on me."

"I think I rather see it on the floor." He winked at me.

I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Don't flatter me, Gaskarth." I scoffed, escaping to his bathroom. I grabbed a hairbrush, and I started working on my hair. Alex came in a few mintues later, now fully clothed. http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=24967897

"Are you using my flat iron?" He sounded upset.

I turned to look at him. I put on the biggest pout I could use.

"Yeah....that isn't a problem, is it?"

"Ugh." He groaned. "Just don't break it."

"Yay!" I stated.

Something about Alex made me act like a little kid again.

When I was done with my hair, my outfit felt complete. http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=24967619

"You ready?" I questioned him.

"Almost." He mumbled.

I turned to look at him.

"What more could you be missing?" I questioned.

"This.." Alex trailed off right before he cupped my head in his hands, and his lips met mine seconds later.

I melted right into his arms, kissing him back like I never have before.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thissss is sooo cute!

Three comments for an update lovelies. :)

- Rae <3