Sequel: Just Friends
Status: Active :) Comments get you updates!

Don't Worry, I Fight Dirty

Just Breathe

Bas whined at my feet as I handed Alex the leash from the run away dog. He scuffed his feet nervously, and I tucked a chunk of my hair behind my ear. I was almost as shocked as Alex was.

"How long have you been?" I asked slowly.

"Um...okay?" Alex shrugged. "What about you?"

"I-I’m...uh...getting married."

His brows furrowed together.

"You aren’t already married yet?"

"Nope." I really popped the p at the end of the word. "Next month."

"Oh." He nodded.

"Yeah."

Awkward much?

"I’ve finally moved on."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Her name is Brittany."

"You both should come over for dinner tonight. My dad is coming over, and so is Jack and Liz."

What in the hell was I doing?! I couldn’t just invite Alex and some Brittany chick over to my house! But I just did, didn’t I?

"Sure." He nodded. "I’ll call her and ask."

"That’s great."

I had to force myself to smile.

"Well, I better go."

"Alright, see ya."

"Bye." Alex waved, and took Sebastian with him as he walked off. When he was out of sight, I took a deep breath. I didn’t realize that I was holding my breath.

Just breathe

Just breathe

Just breathe

Just breathe

I had to keep reminding myself of that. I took my last bag inside, where Mason was putting up the food. I kissed his cheek, and grabbed some Arnold Palmer out of the fridge. I leaned against the counter as he finished putting away the food.

I smiled at him.

"I love you, Mason." I said. He kissed me. "I love you, I love you, I love you."

It was like I had to remind myself.

He laughed at me, completely oblivious.

"I love you too."

"So, what is on the menu for tonight?" I asked him.

"I was thinking Asian chicken and rice."

"Yum." I smiled wide. "We may have two more guest so just make extra."

"Sure thing." He kissed my cheek.

"I’m going to go upstairs, and take a nap. Call me down at 6:30?"

"Yeah. Go get some sleep. You sound as if you need some."

I nodded to my fiancé

, leaving in my, I mean our, kitchen. I got up to my old room. This wasn’t the room that Mason and I were going to share. Nothing had changed. My bed sheets and blankets were the same ones as they were two years. They were the ones that I spend my last night in this house. I removed my shoes, and I slipped into my old bed. So many memories flooded back to me. The last night in this bed was with Alex. He decided that we should spend my last night in this room just cuddling.
"Ugh." I groaned, an hour or so later. I decided to play Just Breathe on my iPod. I didn’t realize that I we even crying until my pillow was beyond soggy. "Alex, you douche."

I heard muffled laughter, and I looked up at my door. Jack was standing there, and looking at me.

"What are you doing here?"

"You invited me. Or did you already forget?"

"No I didn’t forget. It’s just early."

Jack laughed again.

"It’s 7:00. Everyone is here, even Alex. So clean up, and come downstairs."

I stared at him weirdly. Jack had never acted like such an older brother before. It was kind of nice.

"Fine." I agreed. I stood up, and I walked into the bathroom. Black streaks stained in my face.

When I was done with fixing myself, I put back on my shoes. I walked down the stairs, and saw everyone was already here just like Jack said, including Alex.

"Look who I found sleeping like a rock." Jack explained in a excited voice. I went right to my fathers arms. I went to hug Mason, Jack, and Liz, leaving out Alex and Brittany.

"Feeling better, Love?"

I nodded my head, and I smiled. Mason kissed me softly. I noticed that Alex slightly cringed.

"To the dining room." I informed them all.

Twenty minutes into dinner, my dad said the worst thing possible in front of everyone.

"I want to say something." My father stated, bringing our laughter to a stop. "Mason?"

"Yes, sir?"

"I am glad that my daughter has a guy like you."

"I’m the lucky one." Mason squeezed my hand lightly.

"I remember when Alexander and you were playing around in Essex. Isobel, and your mother swore up and down that you two were going to get married."

I literally dropped my fork. Jack, Liz, and Brittany all started at us, as my father and Mason were clueless. I looked over at Alex. His eyes threatened tears that built up. I barley could take this.

"I was sure that you were going to break her heart, Alexander."

"Actually, Maxim, your daughter did break my heart."

My father raised his eyebrows at me.

"Katelyn, is that true?"

I paused.

"Yes." I whispered, and I stood up. "I’m sorry." I muttered. I moved swiftly away from the table. I was out of earshot, and I took in a deep breath. A hand pulled on my wrist. I slowly turned around to face Alex. I reacted on instinct. His arms took a minute to react to my surprise hug, but slowly they wrapped around me. I already had my head buried into his warm chest.

"Are you okay?" He whispered as ran his hand through my hair.

"No." I squeaked. "I can’t take it, Alex. I just can’t. Why can’t we just be in the same room, and just talk anymore?" I pulled away, and looked up at him.

Alex didn’t answer, but his lips lightly hit mine. Instead of pulling away, I pulled him closer to me. Nothing ever felt this right. His hands now cupped my face, holding me to him, but I wasn’t protesting. I don’t know how long we stood with each other, but our kiss was cut too short. He pulled away from me, happiness shone in his eyes. Not since we were done had I seen that look.

"Mason..." I trailed off.

Alex understood.

"Don’t worry."

"Why?"

"I fight dirty." Alex let go of me. He winked, and walked back to my dining area. I didn’t know how I felt, but I do know what Alex meant. His intentions were clear. He would fight for what he loves, and that just so happened to be me. And Mason had no idea what kind of silent game that was just started.

I just hope that he can handle it. We were in for a bumpy ride.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awe..... Alex won't give up! That a boy ;)