Status: random updates. COMMENT! :D

Breathless

three

“Mr. Haner, she’s a horrible singer. Can I go first?” A girl behind me asked. Bitch.

“Or me? I’m best in the class.” Another girl said. Damn! These girls just don’t give up.

“Girls, I said Aria.” He said. I stood up and walked to the front of the class. “What are you going to sing?” He asked.

“Pieces of me by Ashlee Simpson,” I said. Mr. Haner snorted. I narrowed my eyes at him.

“Okay, sing.”

On a Monday, I am waiting
Tuesday, I am fading
and by Wednesday, I can't sleep
Then the phone rings, I hear you
and the darkness is a clear view
‘Cause you've come to rescue me

Fall... With you, I fall so fast
I can hardly catch my breath, I hope it lasts
Ohhhh
It seems like I can finally rest my head on something real
I like the way that feels
Ohhhh
It's as if you know me better than I ever knew myself
I love how you can tell
All the pieces, pieces, pieces of me
All the pieces, pieces, pieces of me

“Alright good, you can sit down now.” Well that’s the exact reaction I was going for….

I sat back down in my seat and crossed my arms over my chest. After everyone sang, Mr. Haner would always say good job, that was great, or something like that. He’s a bigger asshole than I thought. He was just mad because I wasn’t falling all over him.

Thankfully, this class was shorter than the others and was over quickly. Johnny was at my side the second the bell rang. He slipped his fingers between mine and smiled. He walked me to my locker, ignoring Mr. Haner when he told him to stay.

“Mr. Haner doesn’t seem too happy with you,” I said as I got books out of my locker and put them into my backpack.

“I don’t mind,” He said smiling. “Need a ride home?”

“Sure, you’ll have to pick me up where you dropped me off this morning.” I said slinging the backpack over my shoulder.

“Why?”

“I’ll explain in the car,” I said. He nodded and leaned over to kiss my cheek.

“I’ll see you in a few minutes then,” He said. I blushed and nodded, biting my lip. He chuckled and walked out.

“Oh Aria!” I heard someone call down the hall. Damnit. The devils themselves walked down the hall towards me.

“Mommy and daddy won’t be home for a few days. We’re throwing a party tonight. So, don’t be there.” Hallie, the blonde twin, said to me with a smirk on her face.

“Yeah,” Tracie said.

“Whatever,” I said pushing past them and walked out of the school. I walked down the streets to where Johnny dropped me off this morning. I looked behind me to make sure the twins weren’t following me. I got into Johnny’s car and slumped back in the seat.

“Something wrong?” He asked.

“My dad and step mom are out of town for a few days so my evil step sisters are kicking me out of the house for the night to throw a party.”

“Well Cinderella, your prince charming is here to save you. I have an extra room in my house if you want to stay over tonight. I could drive you to school in the morning.” He said.

“Really?” I asked smiling.

“Of course,” He said.

“Well I guess that’s okay. I just have to run by my house to get some clothes.” I said. He nodded and pulled away from the sidewalk. On the way to my house, we talked about his band. They weren’t famous, yet. They practiced in Johnny’s basement every other night. Tonight was one of those nights. I was excited to see them play until he mentioned that Mr. Haner was the guitar player.

“He’s just mad that you like me and not him. He’ll get over it.”

“Who ever said I like you?” I asked.

“Your blushing face,” He said smirking as we pulled up to my house. My face turned red as I got out of the car.

“I’ll be back in a few minutes.” I said and shut the car door. I walked up the stairs to my house and un locked the door. I ran up the stairs to the attic where my room was and grabbed a bag and started shoving clothes in it.

I grabbed everything I would need for the night and then ran back down stairs. Johnny was still waiting in his car, bobbing his head to a song on the radio. I jumped into the car and held my bag on my lap.

“All ready?” He asked. I nodded. He pulled away from the house and started driving into town. The ride was quiet until Johnny’s phone rang. He took it out of his pocket and looked at the screen before answering it.

“Hey Brian,” He said. “You’re already there?” He asked then sighed as he said something else. “Yeah, I’ll be there in a few minutes. But I’ll have someone with me so please be nice.” He begged before hanging up.

“Mr. Haner?” I asked.

“Yeah, he got there early.” He said shifting in his seat. I nodded and stared out the window until we got to Johnny’s house. It was so small compared to mine. It was only one story, but it was really cute. Mr. Haner was sitting on the front porch smoking and about dropped the cigarette when he saw me get out of the car.

“Johnny, what the hell is my student doing here?” He asked.

“She needed a place to crash tonight.” He said shrugging. “And she’s my friend.” He added.

“Whatever, can we go inside? I need a beer.” Mr. Haner said. I rolled my eyes and followed the two boys into the house.

“Get yourself a beer; I’m going to show Aria where she’ll be sleeping.” Johnny said and then took my hand and leading me down a hall. He stopped at the last door and opened it. “It’s not the nicest, but it’s not messy at least.” He said. I stepped inside and walked over to the bed and set my bag and back pack down on it.

“Thanks for letting me stay here Johnny,” I said.

“No problem,” He said smiling. “You’re welcome here anytime.” He said. I smiled and hugged him.

“Short shit, where the fuck are you?” I heard a new voice yell from the living room.

“Stop making out with my student!” Mr. Haner yelled.

“She’s your student, not your girlfriend Gates!” Johnny yelled back. I giggled making Johnny look down at me.

“You too are insane,” I told him.

“You have no idea,” Johnny said laughing. He wrapped him arm around my waist and led me back to the living room. “Matt this is Aria, my friend.” He said biting his lip.

“Friend? Well in that case,” Matt said taking my arm and pulling me into his chest. Daaaaamn. “My name is Matt,” He said smirking.

“And you’re not my type.” I said ribbing my arm out of his grip and sliding back into the comfort of Johnny’s arms.

“Why does Johnny get all the young, hot ones?” Matt asked pouting. I laughed and wrapped my arms around Johnny’s waist.

“Sweet, hot, the best freaking hugger I have ever met… Must I go on?” I asked. Matt huffed and shook his head just as two more boys walked into the house.

“New girl short shit?” The taller one asked.

“Damn,” The other one smirked.

“Guys this is Aria. Aria, that’s Jimmy and Zacky.” He said pointing to the both of them.

“Hi,” I said smiling at them.

“Johnny, where are your manners? Did your mommy teach you to share?” Zacky said touching my arm.

“She is not something I’m willing to share,” Johnny said pulling me closer. I blushed and hid my face in his neck. “Are you really blushing again?” He asked laughing.

“Shut up,” I muttered. He laughed again and kissed the top of my head. I heard Mr. Haner groan from where he was standing.

“Can we practice already?” He asked.

“Yeah, come on.” He said. I lifted my head up as he led me down the stairs. He picked me up and plopped me down on the couch. “Stay,” He ordered kissing my forehead. I nodded and laid down on the couch. Matt grabbed the microphone while Mr. Haner and Zacky each grabbed guitars. Jonny had the bass and Jimmy was on the drums.

They played a song I later found out was named ‘Bat Country’ and I have to admit; they were amazing. Mr. Haner was probably one of the best guitarists I had ever heard. They needed work on a few things, some of the lyrics didn’t sound quite right. But besides that, I could see them being famous some day.

They played a few more songs before Mr. Haner, Matt and Johnny all sat down in the corner talking about a new song. Zacky came over to the couch and picked up my legs. He sat down on the couch and let my legs rest on his lap.

“So what did you think?” He asked.

“You guys are amazing. I really liked the song ‘Beast and The Harlot’.” I said. “You’re a pretty good guitarist.” I said smiling.

“Well thank you milady.” He said smirking. “What did you think of Johnny?” He asked.

I blushed, “He’s amazing.” I whispered.

“He likes you, a lot.” He said.

“Really?” I asked smiling.

“Yeah, and you guys have known each other for what, a day?” I nodded. “He defiantly likes you. If you were any other girl, he would never let you stay at his house tonight.” He said.

“I like him a lot too.” I admitted.

“You are 18 right?” He asked. I nodded. “Then I think you should go for it.”

“We’ve only known each other one day though. I don’t want to mess things up by moving too fast.” I said chewing on my lip.

“Well that’s okay. I know Johnny; if he really likes you, he’ll wait until you’re ready to be more than friends.” He said patting my knee and getting up. “Here comes your almost lover.” He said and walked away.

“Hey,” Jonny said hovering over my face. I giggled.

“Hi,” I said.

“Want something to eat?” He asked.

“Yes!” I said. The rest of the guys stayed down stairs while Johnny and I went upstairs in search for food. We ended up making pizza; homemade pizza.
♠ ♠ ♠
fuuuck this took me FOREVER to write.
but i did it! :D
-Toria.