Sequel: Ready or Not
Status: This is my first story! Hope you all enjoy it!

Whatever It Takes

High Standards

He stood nervously with his hands in his pockets, his baseball cap pulled low over his face. He didn’t want to be recognized, especially when he felt the way that he did. He had spent all day doing things he usually does; practicing, watching TV, and chilling with friends. Honestly, he had tried to just go on with his life, go back to normal. Yet every time he did he kept thinking about her; her face, her smile, her hair, her smell. It was enough to drive him crazy. Add to that Jon’s words from the car last night, and he was a complete wreck.

He was with Jon when he messaged Marissa, and practically ran over when he found out where she was. He wasn’t exactly sure what he was doing, but he just knew he needed to do something. Especially after how he left things last night with that awkward goodbye. He stood around, shifting his weight from side to side, suddenly worrying that she wouldn’t come.

Just as his mind was beginning to panic, he saw her from across the room. She was dressed down, hair up and probably the simplest he had seen her yet. But she made his heart stop beating; he had never seen her look better. God, he thought as he watched her scan the room, she’s killing me.

Suddenly their eyes met, and he could see a spark in her eyes ignite although her face showed no emotion aside from a tiny smile. She walked over to him, causing his heart to beat faster every time she got closer.

“Hey” she said cautiously, as she leaned in and gave him a quick hug. She loved the way his arms felt around her, but she quickly shook off that idea. “Took you long enough” he joked, as he let her go. “Sorry im not up to your quick standards” she replied, as a smirk appeared on his face. “Oh here’s your jacket by the way,” she said as she handed it to him, “thank you for lending it to me. I’m sorry I forgot to give it to you last night”.

“It’s no problem,” he said as he took it back, “gave me an excuse to come see you”. She laughed lightly, “I’m sure it did,” she said. They stood there starring at each other, neither one of them sure what would happen next.

“So, since you’re done packing, what are you up to now?” he asked as he just let the words flow out of him. “Probably nothing. Watch a movie and relax” she replied, her dark eyes searching his face for a sign of what he wanted.

“Well that doesn’t sound like a great way to spend your last night in Chicago. Stuck in a hotel room,” he told her. “Oh well im sorry I didn’t get your stamp of approval” she joked back at him.

“Don’t beat yourself up over it. Its hard to get my acceptance” he teased as he took a step towards her. She shook her head, although her heart began to beat faster the nearer he got. “So you’re going to come with me” he said more seriously, “and have a much better last night in Chicago than what you have planned”. “Those are some high expectations you’re instilling in me,” she said as she starred at him in his eyes. “I don’t accept anything less,” he countered, as he began to smile.

She shook her head and took a step back, “I can’t go anywhere. Have you seen how im dressed?” she asked as she pointed down to her outfit. “This will only work if were going to the gym” she continued. “Actually, you look pretty hot in that little outfit of yours” he said as he moved closer again and put a hand on her waist, “I doubt wed have any trouble getting into any clubs with you dressed like that”.

With his hand on her and him talking to her like this, she had to remind herself to breathe. It was getting harder for to maintain her cool demeanor when all she wanted to do was jump him. “I’m not in the clubbing mood” she said coolly, as she placed her hands on her hips.
“Well lucky for you that’s not what I actually had in mind” he replied, as he took his hand off her hip and grabbed her hand, “you’re actually dressed perfectly for the place we’re going”.

He began to walk towards the door, dragging her behind him as she laughed at his determination. “Wait, I can’t just ditch Mari-“ she began until he cut her off as they walked out the front door. “Don’t worry, you can text her and tell her I kidnapped you. And just tell her to message Jon to keep her company” he replied.

As much as Arianna wanted to demand that he let her go and leave her alone, a piece of her couldn’t resist. He was trying so hard and had come all this way to see her; it made her heart flutter. She knew she should have turned around and gone back to her room, but she gave in and got in his car anyways.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments please :) xo