Sequel: Ready or Not
Status: This is my first story! Hope you all enjoy it!

Whatever It Takes

Breathless

An hour into their movie, and Arianna was starting to shiver. Listening to Patrick on her clothing choice was definitely not a smart move. “You cold?” he asked as he notice her cross her arms across her chest to keep from shaking. “No, I’m ok” she replied, although he noticed the goose bumps form on her toned legs. He reached over and grabbed a blanket from the couch beside them, “stop being so stubborn” he said as he handed her the blanket.

She happily obliged, as her hand grazed his as she accepted the blanket. “Jesus, Ari, you’re freezing” he said as he slide himself beside her, grabbing the blanket out of her hand. “Well, maybe if you had let me change” she replied, as she rubbed her arms. He spread the blanket open and covered her with it, moving his arm so she could snuggle up beside him. She hesitated for a moment, until she fell into his side perfectly.

“Which guy in his right mind would ask you to change when you’re wearing that?” he teased as he leaned his chin against the top of her head and put his arm around her, keeping her nestled into him. She rested her head against his chest, listening to his heartbeat.

She suddenly didn’t care for the movie anymore as she closed her eyes. This was exactly where she was supposed to be, she knew it the instant she felt his arm go around her. It scared her though, this instant connection they had. She hadn’t felt this way in such a long time; actually she had never felt this way. Don’t be stupid, she thought, he probably does this with everyone. She silenced that nagging thought in her head though; she would worry about that later.

He felt it the moment she put her head to his chest; the emotions running through him lighting up, his body igniting. Maybe he wouldn’t ever see her again, but he knew he had to try. Jon was right, he thought as he rested his head on top of hers, I couldn’t let this go. I can’t let her go.

They began to mindless chat about different things, revealing to each other parts of them they usually hid from the world. When they were with each other, things just happened so naturally. He could feel himself want to kiss her, pick her up and never let her go. Arianna could sense her walls falling with him, and although she struggled to keep them up, she knew there was no longer any use.

“So, do you always bring back girls to your apartment after knowing them for a day, or am I the exception?” she teased, as she looked out the window beside them. “Ow, that hurts,” he said as he felt her body laugh. “But to answer your question, I don’t let any one into my house, only my friends and family”.

“So does that make us friends?” she questioned, her heart beating slightly faster. He picked his head up off hers and looked down at her, “You know it does. I wouldn’t be wasting all my time on someone I didn’t consider important”. She could feel herself smile, as she leaned in closer.

“Good, because I consider you a friend too” she replied, as she suddenly pulled herself away from him to sit up beside him. “It’s weird, we’ve only known each other for a day, and yet I feel like I’ve known you forever” she continued, as she looked into his blue eyes. “I know exactly what you mean” he replied, as he pushed a piece of hair out of her face and tucked it behind her ear. She could feel the space between them getting smaller, their bodies gravitating to one another. They were so close, she could sense her body shiver but not from the cold anymore.

Suddenly Patrick’s phone rang, causing them both to jump. He reached over and grabbed his phone off the table, cursing underneath his breath. He saw the name and threw it back onto the table; it wasn’t important, he would deal with it later. He turned back to Arianna, to find her folding up the blanket.

“It’s getting late” she said, as she glanced down at her phone; 12:45. “I have a flight early tomorrow morning, would you mind bringing me back now?” she asked sweetly as she put the folded blanket beside her. “Don’t want to take a cab?” he teased as he stood up and stretched. “I know if I even suggested that, you’d give me a lecture,” she said as she reached over and began to pick up their mess off the table.

“Oh, don’t worry about it. Ill pick it up later” he said as he tried to take the bowl out of her hands. “Stop it. It’s the least I can do” she replied as she turned to face him, holding the bowl and glasses. “Thank you” he said lightly, as he leaned down and kissed her forehead. She felt herself get light headed, yet she managed to smile and bring the utensils to the kitchen sink. He got his keys and jacket, grabbing an extra one for her to wear as they walked to the car.

Their drive back was quiet, as Arianna wore Patrick’s Blackhawks sweater and starred out the window. It wasn’t an awkward silence, more of a serene and calming one. The kind where the moment is so perfect, that nothing needs to be said because it feels like a dream. They played the radio lightly, Patrick glancing over every once in a while to stare at Arianna.

He pulled up in front of the hotel and put his car into park. They sat there for a few seconds in silence, neither one of them sure what to say or do. Arianna pulled off the sweater, and held it in her hands. She turned to look at him finally, and he could see her eyes filled with emotions. “These past few days have been great” she began, as she played with the sweater, “so thank you. You really made my trip memorable” she laughed.

He smiled, as he felt his heart ache at the thought of her leaving. “I have to thank you actually,” he said as he looked back down at the steering wheel. “I don’t think I’ve ever had so much fun with someone” he continued as he looked back at her. “You’re special” he finished, as he watched her face light up. Even if she tried to find the words to say right then, nothing would match what she felt.

“Here’s your sweater,” she said as she handed it to him. “Nah, keep it” he replied as he pushed it back to her, “I have so many. And you might get cold on the plane”. She shook her head, “I can’t take it,” she said. “Yes you can. And this way I know you’ll think about me every time you wear it” he smiled smugly, as he saw her laugh.

“Thank you” she said as she held the sweater, “for everything, again”. She leaned over suddenly, placing her hand gently on his neck. Her whole body trembled, as she realized what it’s intentions were.

He felt his knees go weak, the minute her hand touched his neck. His body praying that she would do what he was thinking/hoping it would. He could feel himself get light headed, as he watched her eyes and lips.

Without a second thought, she leaned over and gave him a light soft kiss on the lips. She could feel her body tremble, her bones on fire; her head spinning as she suddenly pulled away. Patrick felt like his world had been flipped as he was left momentarily breathless by their short kiss. “I’ll talk to you soon Patrick” she said as she opened her door and got out.

He regained himself quickly enough to roll down his window, “text me when you reach home tomorrow” he said threw the open window. She turned around and gave him a smile. “I will,” she promised, as she turned back and walked inside. He put his car in drive and drove off, smiling to himself, as he tasted her lips on his. She’s amazing, he thought as he sped through the city at night.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks to all my readers! comments please?? :) i have the next chapter ready to go though, so keep checking back xo