Sequel: Ready or Not
Status: This is my first story! Hope you all enjoy it!

Whatever It Takes

Drinking Contests Don't End Well

Black. Everything was black.

That’s all she saw as she opened her eyes and tried to sit up. Her head shot with pain as she reached up to grab her aching temples. Her eyes adjusted to the dark, allowing her to make out an unfamiliar room. Where the hell was she? She glanced down at red numbers coming from the little clock beside the bed: 4:07 am.

She threw her legs off the side of the bed, feeling her body to make sure her clothes were still on. As she felt her jeans and top, she sighed in relief. She had never been a one-night stand kind of girl and she wasn’t planning on starting now. She stood up, reaching out for the headboard as she steadied her wobbly feet. Once she was sure she had her balance she made her way softly and slowly towards the door, turning the knob and pulling it open.

As she stepped out into the hallway she realized she was still at Patrick’s house. What am I still doing here, she thought as she tiptoed down the hallway and towards his kitchen, where’s Marissa? As she past the living room, she saw Marissa and Jon, each one spread out on separate couches fast asleep. Well at least she knew where Marissa was.

She made her way into the kitchen and grabbed for a glass, turning on the sink and filling it up with water. She stood alone in the dark, drinking her water and trying to process what the hell had happened. Her head was still throbbing, as she closed her eyes tightly, willing it to go away.

“You ok?” a voice suddenly said, as Arianna jumped out of her skin and turned to see the person behind her. Standing at the entrance of the kitchen, Patrick starred at her with a concerned expression. He walked towards the kitchen cabinet, taking down a glass and pouring himself some water. “Didn’t mean to scare you,” he continued, as he took a sip and starred at her.

“No its ok, its my fault. I’m creeping around in the dark anyways” she replied, a small smile formed on her lips. As he nodded at her, she could see his eyes clouded with thoughts. It worried her how he was suddenly acting, almost keeping her at a distance. “Your head must be killing,” he said suddenly, as he leaned against the counter top. “You have no idea. I don’t even know what happened,” she told him as she rubbed her head again.

He seemed to hesitate for a moment, almost as if he was contemplating something. “Come, I have some Tylenol that you can take” he said as he motioned for her to follow him. She trailed behind like a lost puppy, feeling uneasy as her head pounded down against her skull. It was only then that she took in his appearance, watching him as she followed from behind.

She couldn’t help the tingle rise in her stomach as saw each of his back muscles move through his white wife beater, the top of his boxers showing above the waistband of his solid navy blue pajama bottoms.

She stood briefly, as she noticed he was leading her into his room, a place she had not been before. She threw all hesitation out the window as she felt a sharp pain ripple threw her head again. He went into his washroom, as she stood around unsure of what to do. “Here, take two of these” he said as he handed her the pills and a cup of water. She shot him a smile, as she threw the pills against her tongue and let the water wash them down.

Patrick starred at her intently, his arms crossed across his chest. He gave her a small nod as she handed him back the cup. “Thanks…for everything” she began, as she looked at the floor nervously. “I don’t really know what happened…I can’t remember anything after that shot of tequila”. She could tell he was hesitant; his eyebrows pulled together as he shot her a questioning look. “Really?” he asked, as his face softened a little.

“Yeah” she answered as she got the courage to look back up to him, “do I even dare ask what I did?”. Her question made him laugh lightly, as he shook his head and rubbed the back of his neck with one of his hands. “Let’s just leave it at by the end of the night you thought it would be a good idea to have a drinking contest with Seabs…and you won”.

“Oh god” she said as she covered her face with her hands, “I cannot believe this”. “Don’t worry it happens to the best of us” he said as he laughed at her reaction, his body suddenly relaxing more in her presence. He moved through his room, towards his dresser. He opened up a drawer and pulled out some clothing.

“But I will say, I was a little surprised to not be the one most wasted at my own birthday party” he teased, as she starred at him threw her fingers. He stood back in front of her, holding a shirt and a pair of shorts. “Oh god, Patrick I’m so sorry” she said as she felt herself blush, embarrassed at what she could only imagine she had done.

“Don’t be sorry,” he said as he gave her a smile, “Seabs’ face when a girl a third his size beat him at a drinking game will forever be priceless”. She laughed at his comment, as she suddenly noticed the clothes in his hands. “Here,” he said as he realized he still had them, “go change. There’s no way you can sleep comfortably in that outfit…although you do look…” he let his eyes wander over her body and she rolled her eyes at him, grabbing the clothes from him and pushing him lightly as she walked to the washroom. She changed quickly as she threw on his shirt and shorts, adjusting them as much as she could so they would not fall off her hips.

As she walked out of the washroom, she noticed he was back in bed, sitting up against his headboard and under the covers. “Well, goodnight. Thanks for the clothes and for everything” she said as she made her way towards the door.

“Wait” he said, as she turned back around to face him, “I can’t fall back asleep” he stated, as he pulled back the covers and motioned for her to join him. She tried to resist the smile that crept its way onto her lips, as she moved herself beside him in his bed.

She was instantly engulfed by his scent that surrounded her, and she could feel herself get light headed. But wait; wasn’t she supposed to be mad at him? Angry that he didn’t tell her about Jamie? She tried to figure out what the hell was going through her head, her emotions wrecking complete havoc on her sanity.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wooo!! More comments and subscribers! You guys really are the best :) Thank you for everyone's support. Your comments always make my day and make me laugh. This chapter is for everyone who has been so patient and dedicated to this story...I love you! <3

This chapter was alot of fun to write...but I just want to say that not everything is as it appears to be...what do I mean by that? It means more drama! hahah xo more comments please?