Sequel: Ready or Not
Status: This is my first story! Hope you all enjoy it!

Whatever It Takes

Bedtime Revelations

Suddenly thunder and lightning struck outside, causing Arianna to jump. She clenched her hands into fists, grabbing onto Patrick’s shirt. “Is someone scared of the weather?” Patrick teased as he glanced down at her. She sat up and shot him a look, “I’m not scared!” she stated, slightly annoyed. She let out a small squeal as the storm raged on again outside, jumping closer to Patrick. “You are scared!” he teased, as he put his arm around her shoulder and pulled her in for a hug.

“Okay, so maybe I am a little” she admitted, a little embarrassed that at 21 she was still shaken up by things that scared her as a child. “I should get back to bed though, it’s getting late,” she said finally, as she threw her legs off the bed and got up. Just as she did, she heard the thunder and cringed, digging her nails deep into her palms.

“Ari, just stay here with me” Patrick said suddenly, as she turned to look at him. “Ill keep you safe from the big bad thunder storm,” he teased, causing her to frown. “I’m kidding, don’t get mad. Just get your ass into bed already” he continued, as he threw her a perfect smile and pulled back the covers for her.

She was hesitant until she saw his eyes; the one thing that always kept pulling her in. Without a word, she slid herself beside him and pulled the sheets over her body. As she rested her head down against the pillow she turned to look at him, surprised to find him starring at her with a small smile on his lips.

“What you smiling for?” she asked curiously, as his smile grew wider. “I was just thinking how good you look in my bed, wearing my clothes” he replied, his smile now a mischievous grin.
“I bet you say that to all the girls” she jokingly replied, although a piece of her meant what she said. The light left his eyes a little, as her comment sunk in. “It’s not like that Ari, I didn’t mean to…” he started, his tone more serious than before as he struggled to find the right words.

“I was kidding Patty, don’t worry” Arianna said as she turned to her side, her back facing him. This sudden tension and awkwardness between them was making her nervous, she could feel herself grow anxious as she fluffed the pillow and slide her arm underneath to support her head.

Just as her mind began to panic with thoughts and concerns of if he was mad at her for her remark, she felt a warm hand slip around her waist and pull her. She could feel the heat of his chest against her back, as his arm laid perfectly around her waist.

Patrick hadn’t been honest with her when she asked him what happened tonight. He didn’t want to see her hurt more than she had already been tonight by his lie. As his mind drifted back and forth, he suddenly realized everything he wanted was right there with him in bed.

He pulled her in closer, as he nestled his face into her hair, the scent driving him crazy. He had missed this so much; her touch, her scent, her being there with him. Watching her tonight, do the things she had done, made something go off in his head. If she only knew the truth, he thought, as he closed his eyes and felt his body relax.

Yet what was he suppose to do? Start a long-distance relationship? He wasn’t built for things like that; he had never wanted to be so involved. He was happy with how things were between right now, as they lay together. But the more he thought of not being the only guy in her life, the sicker he felt.

“Ari?” he whispered into the dark, as he felt her body shift slightly. “Yeah Pat?” she whispered back, her voice soft and smooth in the dark. “Come watch me play tomorrow night,” he told her, his heart beating faster as he waited for her reply. She was silent for a moment, as he felt her hold her breath. “Ok” she barley whispered back as he silently jumped for joy. He leaned over and kissed her head, “night babe”.

As Arianna felt Patrick drift off to sleep, her mind scrambled with thoughts, more awake than ever. What in the world was she doing? He had lied to her about Jamie, and yet here she was in bed cuddling with him right now. When did this all get so complicated? How was she so willing to forgive him?

She felt stupid because she wasn’t that girl who let guys like this do this to her. He was getting everything he wanted; he had Jamie, he had her in his bed, and no commitments to anyone. Arianna wanted to scream as she felt her mind race with a thousand thoughts a minute. Her anger was subdued as sadness overcame her when she felt another realization hit her.

The only reason she wasn’t throwing off the covers and stomping back to her room right now while telling Patrick to go to hell, was because she had fallen for him. Somewhere in the midst of his cocky attitude, charming smile, late night phone calls, ichat dates and random moments like these…she had fallen for him. She felt tears sting her eyes suddenly, as she realized everything was so much more complicated than she had thought.

As she lay there beside him, listening to him breath, she felt a tear trickle down her skin. As the salty water hit her lips, she shut her eyes tightly, willing the rest to stay inside. She knew what she had to do…she just wasn’t sure she was brave enough do it.
♠ ♠ ♠
THANK YOU !!! you are all so amazing and sweet <3 to my new subscribers, and readers and everyone who left comments this chapter is for you! :)

it's a little short but i promise next chapter will be extra long to make up for it...and here's a little insight for the next chapter: you'll find out exactly what Arianna did at the party that Patrick didn't tell her about!! <3 comment please! xo