Sequel: Ready or Not
Status: This is my first story! Hope you all enjoy it!

Whatever It Takes

Blame It On the Alcohol

“I just don’t understand” Marissa told her, as she turned to look at her best friend. Arianna sighed, “I just need to do this. It’s the only option I have right now” she responded as she kept her eyes focused on the game. There was three minutes left in the third period, and the Blackhawks were up by 6 points.

As hesitant as she was to come to the game, Arianna was happy that she did. The crowd at the United Center was unbelievable, jumping up each time Chelsea Dagger rang through the stadium. Arianna found herself jumping up with them, especially when Patrick scored. Her heart fluttered as she saw him smile, the pride written all over his face.

She had been surprised to find though that the tickets Patrick left for her were situated in the section that the Blackhawks reserved for their wives and girlfriends. She felt awkward as Marissa and her sat down, a few of the women shooting questioning glances her way. Thankfully Abby Sharp remembered her from the night before at Patrick’s party and spoke briefly to her before the game began.

The final buzzer rang and the crowd was yet again at their feet, cheering at the top of their lungs. Arianna and Marissa got up, grabbing their coats and bags, as they got ready to leave. “I just think you need to think this through, that’s all” Marissa continued, as they began to make their way towards the locker room.

“I have thought it through…I really have no other option” Arianna responded, as they followed Abby and the other women past security and towards the room reserved for family members next to the locker room.

“I don’t know A” Marissa said after a while, as they waited patiently on the leather couch for the guys to finish their showers and interviews. “I mean, after last night and how you acted, I think you should just let it go” Marissa finished. Arianna shot her a questioning look, “Ok so maybe I drank a little too much and took part in a reckless drinking contest. It wasn’t that bad” she defended herself, until she saw Marissa’s face.

“Why are you looking at my like that?” she asked Marissa, as she felt her stomach flip in doubt. “What exactly did Patrick tell you about last night?” Marissa asked her slowly, her face pulled together in a confused frown.

“He told me I drank a lot. And had a drinking contest with Brent and then tried to drunken dial people…”Arianna began, stopping as she saw Marissa’s expressions. “Oh my God, there’s more isn’t there?” she asked her best friend, pulling on her arm.

“No” Marissa said quickly, shaking her head. “If that’s what Patrick said…” she continued until Arianna shot her a look. “Mar, tell me now. What happened?” Arianna demanded, growing more nervous with each second that passed. Marissa looked like she wanted to run out of the room, but instead looked down at the floor.

“You didn’t handle your liquor very well. Especially after that drinking contest” Marissa began as she took her other hand and leaned over to hold Arianna’s free one. “You were so tipsy…and Patrick’s friend Justin, he was slightly buzzed. You guys started dancing, and then you started making out, his hands were all over you…” Marissa explained, as Arianna felt her chest tighten.

“I don’t exactly know what happened, but you guys were making your way to the guest room and Justin’s hands kept groping you. And the next thing I know, Patrick grabbed him off of you and threw him up against the wall, ready to punch the shit out of his friend. It took like 3 people to pry him off, and even then Patrick kept telling Justin to have some respect or something, I couldn’t really hear over all the yelling” Marissa finished, as she sighed and looked down at the floor.

“Oh my God” Arianna said, as she put her face in her hands, “how could I have been so stupid?”. Marissa shot her a worried look, “that’s not the worse part…” she continued, as Arianna’s head shot up. “What do you mean?” she asked Marissa, her eyes growing wide.

“I ran over to help you out, but Patrick was already there with you. He was talking to you and holding you up, you were barley able to stand. He kept telling you to slow down and drink water, but you weren’t listening. Next thing I know you throw your lips onto his. Although his body was really into it, I could tell he was struggling. He pulled himself away from you and told you that he didn’t want something with you to happen, not like that under those circumstances…”Marissa explained.

Arianna groaned, her stomach twisting itself into knots as she felt the nausea overcome her. “Drunk you doesn’t take rejection too well, because you started yelling at him. We pushed you into the guest room, so no one would hear you or see you acting like that. But you really didn’t want to drop it. You started asking him if it was because you weren’t as pretty as Jamie, or as blonde as she was. You told him how you were disgusted by his choice of women…”Marissa said, as she grabbed Arianna’s hand again.

“I don’t know why but you started to dial David’s number. Saying how he was the only guy who ever loved you and you threw it away and you needed to apologize. And then tears just came rolling down your face…we were shocked. We didn’t know what to do…”Marissa finished as she looked into Arianna’s eyes.

Arianna stood motionless, as she shut her eyes and tried to process everything Marissa told her. “What…what did Patrick do? What did he say?” she questioned, as she opened her eyes and looked at Marissa.

Marissa shrugged her shoulders, “he was really quiet. He handled it a lot better than I thought he would. I half expected him to tell you to fuck off, but instead he looked really hurt. He just nodded and let you yell at him, and he tried to hug you but you shook him off”.
Arianna thought she was going to die, her body going numb as Marissa finished her story.

“Why wouldn’t he tell me this?” she questioned, as she looked at the floor. Marissa shook her head, “he must really like you” she responded, as she placed a hand on her friend’s shoulder.

“That’s why, don’t do this A. Don’t go and do whatever crazy plan you’ve worked out in your head. Not after how you behaved last night. You wont like the outcome” Marissa warned. Arianna was ready to say something until she heard male voices approaching.

“There they are” a male voice from behind them said, as they turned to see Jon and Patrick standing behind them. They looked good in their dark suits and ties, smiles spread on both their handsome faces. “You guys down to go for a quick drink?” Sharpie questioned as he and Abby stopped by where the four of them stood. “Yeah sounds good” Marissa said as Jon nodded his head.

“Actually, me and Ari are going to go grab some ice cream” Patrick said, as he grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the door. “I’ll see you guys at practice tomorrow” he finished, as he turned and smiled at Arianna.

She turned quickly and waved at everybody, her eyes landing on Marissa’s worried ones. She tried to give her a reassuring smile, as she felt Patrick tug on her arm and lead her out the door. As she followed him out the doors and towards his car in the parking lot, she prayed she wouldn’t regret her decision.
♠ ♠ ♠
There are no words to describe how much I love all of you! Thank you so much for your kind words!! Getting comments and hearing feedback from you guys makes posting the chapters so much fun! And thank you to everyone who has been reading and subscribing! I love you too <3

This chapter was suppose to be ALOT longer but I ended up cutting it and moving the scenes to the next chapter just because they fit a lot better together. That being said, the next chapter is pretty much written (just working on some re-writes) so the faster you guys comment the faster it goes up :) !

And just a heads up; it's a (little) heartbreaking chapter the next one...