Sequel: Ready or Not
Status: This is my first story! Hope you all enjoy it!

Whatever It Takes

Best Thing That Ever Happened

“Congrats on the game last night baby,” Arianna told Patrick as she wrapped her arms around his neck, standing up on her tiptoes to give him a “hello” kiss. His arms instantly engulfed her small frame, lifting her feet up off the ground a few centimeters.

They were currently at O’Hare airport on a Monday night. Arianna had pushed past the crowds of people, her eyes searched for that familiar face that melted her heart each time. It took her two seconds to spot him, as he came rushing over to her with a wide smile spread across his handsome features. She loved the feeling of seeing him after being apart for so long.

She giggled as he placed her back down on her feet. She shrugged her bag up her shoulder more, trying to stop it from hurting. Patrick grabbed the luggage from her other hand and began to lift her bag off her shoulder. She shook away his hand from the bag with her hand and grabbed his in hers instead.

She could feel her nerves appear slightly as she realized what she had just done. Was this okay with him? Did he mind holding her hand in public? Was he still trying to keep it low-key?

Before she could even ask him or pull her hand away he leaned over and kissed her hard on the lips. She could feel the smile forming on his mouth as it brushed against hers. They pulled away from one another and he gave her a wink.

“Good thing you did it before I did. I keep thinking I’m always going to have to make the first move with you,” he teased as he gave her hand a squeeze. She rolled her eyes at his comment even though she felt the butterflies appearing inside.

The airport was swarming with people at the arrival gate. People running up to each other, hugging and kissing while saying hello. They began to walk through the crowds of people, hand in hand, towards the exit to get to his car.

Arianna glanced at him from the corner of her eye, a smile spreading instantly across her face. He walked beside her with such confidence, his eyes dancing with amusement as he rubbed his thumb against hers while their fingers were intertwined.

As they reached his car, he unlocked the doors and opened the trunk. She leaned against the frame of the car, watching him as he pushed things around to make room for her bag. She couldn’t help but love how he took charge of things, how he took care of her.

“Like what you see? We could work something out,” he teased her as he grabbed her suitcase and placed it in the back, slamming the hood down to make sure it closed. Arianna blushed slightly, not realizing he had caught her starring at him.

“You wish,” she told him as she made her way over to the passenger side and opened the door. She slid her body into the comfort of his leather seats and shut the door, the sound of his laughter echoing through the parking lot.

He jumped into the driver seat and turned on the car, stealing a glance at her sideways. His smile was vibrant as he continuously looked at her. She shook her head at him in confusion and smiled.

“What? Do I have something on my face?” she asked him as he began to laugh. “No, I’m just happy you’re here,” he told her simply as he looked away and put his car into reverse.

“Me too,” she told him with a smile as he glanced back at her. He left one hand on the wheel as the other leaned over and grabbed her hand to hold. She could feel her heart swoon as he continued to drive all the way home like that. This was turning out to be the best March Break ever.

***

“You sure your sisters don’t mind me tagging along for supper?” Arianna asked Patrick one last time as they pulled up in front of an Italian restaurant.

“Ari, of course not. I keep telling you, they really want to meet you. And it’s only Erica and Jessica so it’s not like you’re meeting them all at once,” Patrick told her as he gave her an exasperated look.

“Okay fine, but I can’t go to dinner looking like this Pat. I just got off a plane,” she explained as she pointed to her outfit. She wore fitted jeans and a sheer black tank top covered by a plum terry cloth Juicy Couture zip-up hoodie. Her hair was straightened but tied up into a messy ponytail and she wore barley any makeup.

They were on their way home from the airport when Patrick reminded her that his sisters were in town the past couple of days and were leaving tomorrow. Arianna silently cursed herself for forgetting that he had mentioned it to her a few weeks ago. His sisters were currently back at home waiting for Patrick to bring home the takeout he had promised them.

“Babe, you look fine,” Patrick tried to assure her as Arianna flipped down the visor in front of her to look in the minor. She sighed in response as she shook her hair out of her ponytail.

“Seriously, Ari, stop. You look perfect…you know I like you even more when you don’t try”.

She gave him a look before shutting the visor back into its upright position. “I’m sorry…I just don’t want your sisters meeting me for the first time and seeing me look all frumpy…” she began as she began to fidget with the sleeve of her sweater.

“This meeting them…it means a lot to me Pat. I know how close you are to them and I don’t want to mess this up…” she confided in him as she glanced back up at him. He leaned over and grabbed her hand in his.

“Babe you have nothing to worry about. My sisters are just really excited to meet you after everything I’ve told them about you. Just be yourself and you’ll be fine…you can’t do worse than me when I met your family,” he said as he tried to make a joke out of the uncomfortable encounter.

“Ugh fine…I hate it when you’re right,” she whined as she unbuckled her seatbelt. “I’ll go pick up the food, stay here,” she told him as she opened the car door. She could hear him protest something about him going in and her not having money, but she ignored him as she slammed the door shut and ran inside the restaurant. For right now she just needed a distraction.

***

As Patrick turned the key in the lock, he looked back at Arianna and gave her an encouraging grin. “Don’t worry, you’ll be great,” he told her quietly as he leaned over and gave her a promising kiss. She nodded in response and put on a brave face, even though deep inside she could feel her insides knot with anxiety.

Patrick pushed the door open and walked into his home, going straight to the kitchen to put down the bags of food he had in his hands. Arianna treaded carefully behind him, cautiously glancing around her for a sign of the two girls.

“Finally, you’re home!” a pretty blonde exclaimed as she came out of the spare guest bedroom. “Jess! He’s here!” she called down the hallway as a similar looking brunette stuck her head out the washroom. Her hair was clipped half up as she was clearly in the process of straightening her hair.

“God Patrick, my stomach almost ate itself,” she told her brother as she closed the washroom lights and made her way over to the kitchen. Both girls were dressed casually in jeans and a simple plain t-shirt, helping to put Arianna at ease immediately.

“Alright how about you guys stop complaining and come here so I can introduce you to Ari,” Patrick told them as he rolled his eyes at their dramatics.

“We’re not complaining Pat, just stating facts,” the blonde said as she came and stood in front of them. “Hi, I’m Erica,” she said as she leaned forward and engulfed Arianna in a tight hug. Arianna was so caught off guard by her kindness that she was momentarily stunned before reciprocating her actions.

As they pulled away from their hug, Jessica appeared beside her sister and greeted Arianna in a similar fashion. From the corner of her eye Arianna could see the approving smile on Patrick’s face even though he tried to hide it.

“Hi, I’m Arianna. It’s so nice to finally meet you guys. I’ve heard so much about the both of you,” she told them as she stood beside Patrick again. “Well don’t believe everything you hear…unless it’s good stuff,” Erica joked as she gave her a warm smile.

“It’s been nothing but the best, I promise,” Arianna assured her as she laughed lightly and turned to look at a smiling Patrick.

“It’s actually really nice to meet you,” Jessica began as they all made their way to the table where the food sat. “We keep hearing all these things about you…”she began until she saw her brother shoot her a look. Arianna glanced between them, a smirk forming on her face.

“Oh really? And what does your brother say about me?” she asked curiously as Patrick shifted nervously in spot. He didn’t need his sister to embarrass him with whatever crazy schemes they had planned out.

“Well he was quite secretive at first to be honest. Told us he met a pretty girl who he was really starting to like. But it’s not really what he says but more how he acts,” Erica explained as they each grabbed a dish and began to open it to see inside. Jessica nodded in agreement, “every since you showed up he’s a different guy”.

Arianna shot them a curious look as she glanced at Patrick who was now blushing. Patrick shook his head and cleared his throat trying to get his sisters to stop talking. “I think that’s enough sis,” Patrick said as he shot them both a stern look.

Erica and Jessica rolled their eyes at him as they filled their plates up with food. Jessica made her way out of the kitchen toward the dining room with Erica following her right behind. Suddenly Erica turned around and glanced back at Arianna as she stood across the table from Patrick.

“You should know that since you he’s become a better person…we like him even more now,” she told at Arianna as she gave her brother a teasing look and left the kitchen.

Arianna looked up at Patrick who was now shaking his head and laughing a little under his breath. She couldn’t help the smile that formed on her lips as she walked around the table and put her arms around his waist.

“So I make you a better person huh? And you told them I was pretty?” she teased as she looked up at him, her hair cascading flawlessly down her back.

“Okay, let’s not get a big ego now…I might have mentioned something about how I thought you were attractive …but nothing more than that,” he told as he tried to play it off as coolly as possible.

“Oh and here I was thinking you were crazy about me…” Arianna said as she faked disappointment and dropped her hands from his waist. She turned and began to walk away when she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist and lift her backwards towards him.

“I am definitely crazy about you, that much I can guarantee,” he whispered in her ear as he nuzzled her neck causing her to giggle lightly. She turned in his arms and tilted her head up high to give his lips a kiss. So far this night was going perfectly.

***

The three girls erupted into a fit of laughter, doubling over onto their sides as they each tried to balance the wine glass in their hand. They were spread out all over the couches in the living room laughing over different stories of Patrick.

Patrick sat on the couch shaking his head as he took a sip of his beer. Arianna leaned over and placed her hand on his thigh, giggling as she glanced at him. They had laughed so hard they each had tears in their eyes.

“Really Pat? You stole your sister’s Taylor Swift album?” Arianna said as she tried to muffle her laughter into the sleeve of her sweater. He gave her a look as he saw her eyes dance with amusement at this newfound fact.

“I think it’s enough of share and tell,” he told his sisters as he gave them death stares. They finally calmed themselves down enough to wipe away the water from their eyes, glancing at their brother with knowing smirks.

“As much as I’d love to continue these stories,” Erica began as she glanced at Arianna, “because trust me I have so many more, it’s already 1:30 am and we have a flight to catch early in the morning. So it’s bed time for me,” she said in her usual bubbly tone as she got up.

Jessica and Arianna both got up at the same time, each one stretching out their back slightly. Erica put her glass down and moved closer to Arianna, her arms wide open.

“It was so nice to meet you,” she said into Arianna’s ear as she gave her a warm hug. Arianna smiled and hugged her back tightly, feeling like she had known this girl her entire life. As they pulled apart Erica gave her shoulder a light rub and small squeeze. “Please, let’s arrange it so we can see each other again soon. I had so much fun tonight”.

“For sure! And I hope you girls have a safe flight back home tomorrow,” Arianna said as she leaned over and gave Jessica a big hug as well. As the girls separated from their hugs, Jessica looked at Arianna and gave her a warm smile.

“My brother might kill me for saying this, but you’re the best thing that ever happened to him…trust me,” she told Arianna as she gave an approving smile and followed Erica to the bedrooms.

Arianna stood there with a huge smile on her face, her body turning ever so casually to face Patrick. He stood there with a small grin on his face, as his cheeks were covered in a slight blush.

“Best thing that ever happened to you?” she said as she walked over to his side. “I think I can live with that…” she began to laugh as he put his arm around her shoulder and pulled her in.

“Even though I can’t believe they just told you that…I can’t disagree,” he said as he leaned down and kissed her forehead. She closed her eyes as she felt his cool lips touch her skin, her eyelids suddenly heavy with sleep and happiness.

“Let’s go to bed,” he said quietly to her as he took her hand in his. She stopped dead in her tracks as he began to lead the way.

“No Patrick, I am not sleeping with you when you’re sisters are here. Not happening,” she told him sternly even though she was getting more tired as the seconds past.

“Babe, come on. They’re grown ups, they don’t care. And it’s not like we’re going to have sex…” he said without thinking. Truth was, they hadn’t had sex yet. All those times they’d been together it had gotten close to it but never panned out.

Arianna didn’t jump into bed with just anyone. She had only slept with one other guy before and that was David. Sex meant something to her, and she wasn’t planning on changing her values because some guy with sweet baby blue eyes and a killer smile came her way. She would admit though that it had become hard to not just rip of his clothes every time they were together. A piece of her wanted him more each time they were together, and even more when they were apart. She wasn’t sure how much longer she could last to be honest.

Patrick understood even though it killed him to not be able to have her. It was probably the longest he had gone without sex. Actually, the longest he had gone without having sex with the one person he wanted to the most. Whenever he put his mind on something, or someone, he usually had it within seconds. With her it was different though. He just waited, knowing that the first few months of their relationships had been bumpy. And although he was understanding it didn’t help all the sexual frustration that was built up inside. He knew he needed to have her soon or else he’d go crazy; no exaggeration.

“I know that but still… it’s just not right,” she replied, lost for the right words to describe how she felt. He sighed and rubbed his hand over his face, his features depicting how tired he was and some slight annoyance.

“Ari, please. It’s 1:30. You sleep in my bed and I’ll sleep on the couch since both guest bedrooms are occupied, ok?” he told her as he made his way to his room.

Arianna grabbed his hand and pulled him back, “I’m not letting you sleep on the couch in your own home,” she told him sternly. “Fine, we’ll share your bed…”she said reluctantly as she saw him smile a little.

“Great. Now let’s get some sleep,” he told her as he took her hand again.

“Maybe I should clean up first…” Arianna said as she turned around to stare at the mess they had made, dropping his hand as she went to reach for the cups.

“Okay no. That’s it, come here,” Patrick declared as he reached over to grab her. Before Arianna could even process what was happening, Patrick grabbed her body and flung her over his shoulder. Her head hung upside against his back as he secured his arms around her legs.

All she could do was laugh smack his butt as he carried her towards his room. He returned the gesture with a light tap on her ass and smiled as he heard her giggle. They were so good together, that sometimes it scared each one of them. Because deep down inside they knew… it couldn’t get better than this.
♠ ♠ ♠
UPDATE! :)

Okay I'm overwhelmed by the number of new subscribers and readers I have!! Thank you so much to each and every single one of you! <3 <3

And to the rest of my loyal readers and commentators thank you as well :) sorry it took me so long to post this, between school and work things have gotten completely crazy around here. But i promise to do my best and try and update more frequently!

I hope you all enjoy this and you know what to do! comments please!! <3 <3 <3