Status: Complete

'Safe' Is Not A Word In My Vocabulary

Chapter 33

A half an hour after we sat down Jacob somehow persuaded me to dance with him. I don’t know how, but he did.

He spun me away from the crowd and the bright lights and closer into the shadows. He stopped once we were hidden and I cocked a head to the side.

He took my hand and led me down a path in the Cullen’s back yard. I looked at him curiously but he just smiled and shook his head.

Eventually he reached a wrought iron gate with metal flowers intertwined into it and he pushed it open without a word.

I walked through and my breath got caught in my throat.

Flower petals dropped from a cherry blossom tree above and a pale bench sat alone beside two statues of angels. It was a hidden garden, flowers neatly lined up in rows and a small stone pond in the center of it all.

The clouds refused to give light to it, but it was still beautiful.

Jacob smiled when I met his eyes and pulled me over to sit on the bench. My dress swept across my legs when I moved and strained a little over my stomach.

Jacob held my hand in his and looked out at the little garden with a distracted expression.

“Y’know, Alice told me about this place,” Jacob said chuckling. “She was blabbering about how she wanted to have the wedding back here but how she couldn’t because of space issues.” He shook his head slowly and I didn’t understand the little talk.

He chuckled at my expression and kissed me delicately before pulling away. “She’s dedicated, I’ll give her that,” he said grinning again. I giggled quietly at that.

It was true, Alice had a one track focus when it came to what she wanted. And she always wanted to make a production out of everything.

“She is never planning our wedding though,” he muttered almost to himself, and not quite seriously as if he didnt believe his own words. I heard him, although he might not have wanted me too, and looked up at him with a raised eyebrow. He looked down, met my eyes and turned red.

Oh god,

“So we’re getting married now, huh?” I teased, but for some reason I really really wanted him to take me seriously. He did.

“Only if you say yes,” he whispered quietly, nervously, while pulling a little black box out of his pocket. I froze when he disentangled his hand from mine and got off the bench to sit on one knee. He opened the box to reveal a beautiful diamond ring.

“Centhua Rodriguez, I promise to love you forever, every single moment of forever, will you marry me?”

I was beyond being speechless, I’d all but gone mute, but he was waiting for an answer, so I nodded silently.

A smile broke across his face and I was finally able to whisper “Yes,”

And then I was in his arms, his lips on mine while the ring slipped onto my finger. He spun me around while still kissing me, a smile still on his face when he pulled away.

Im not gonna cry, Im not gonna cry…

I pulled my hand away from where it was pressed against his tux clad chest and examined the ring again.

I was smiling, naturally, fighting tears of happiness and Jacob pecked my forehead, leaning down, with his breath tickling my ear.

“It’s not real silver, so it wont burn you, but it won’t, like, make your fingers change color either,” he said chuckling nervously. I leaned up and kissed him again before he set me down.

“I love it, it’s perfect.” I said quietly, still admiring it. He interlaced his fingers with mine, his russet hand connecting with my pale one. Dark and light intertwining in a simple gesture.

I looked up at him again and kissed him, “Thank you,” I whispered, smiling, he grinned, “I love you,” he replied.

I let him lead me back, a small smile permanently plastered on my face. He took my hand once we were close enough to the reception and led us back into our dance as if it had never been interrupted.

I caught Bree and Alice’s eyes and they were smug. I smiled and help up my hand with the ring on it before Jacob spun me again. They burst into giggles and I rested my head against Jacob’s chest before the song ended.

“Let’s get you off your feet,” he suggested, rubbing my stomach. I giggled when the baby kicked him.

We sat with Billy now, him already in on the plot too apparently, judging by the smile on his face. I pouted for a half a second and then grinned again. I hated being the last to know, but I was too happy right now to really throw a fit about it.

Charlie was sitting there too, and he had composed himself enough to look me in the eye.

Billy grinned and Jacob traced patterns on my hand while he watched us. I was sure he was showing off the ring a little bit, but I didn’t care.

“Welcome to the family Centhua,” Billy said quietly I looked up and smiled at him, Jacob pecking my ear.

We sat for a little while longer before we had to go get cake shoved in our faces. Don’t ask me how I knew, I just did.

After wiping the cake off we all had to pose for photos and blah blah blah, Bella tossed the bouquet making it land in Angela Weber’s hands. And Edward tossed the garter at Mike, which made both me and Jacob laugh hysterically.

I danced with Edward, Emmett, Jasper, (that one was awkward) Carlisle, Damien and even K-9. Where he learned to dance I have no clue, but he was pretty good.

Jacob claimed me again, when Edward and Bella were having their first dance and I curled into his side, watching.

“Just think that’ll be us soon,” he teased, making me giggle.

“God I hope not, Bella looks like a strawberry,”

It was true, she was a bright pink shade, from Edward holding her so close and the camera’s going off. Jacob laughed low in my ear.

XxX

Edward and Bella left for Esme island and Jake and I went home.

Normally, I’d go straight to sleep but I was hungry right now. Damn cravings, I really wanted apples. Apples and some kind of meat.

Damien said that mom had been the same, according to what dad had told him.

These thoughts made me sad. Damien and dad had always been closer than I was with him.

Probably because he was the boy, or because he was oldest, but either way, when mom died I’d always felt a little neglected.

I sighed and two strong arms wrapped around me.

“Cravings?” he asked chuckling I grimaced and nodded. “Yeah, this baby just cant come fast enough can he?” I added tracing my stomach again.

Jacob looked back towards the spare room where Alice and Bree had already completed the nursery and grinned. All the baby shower presents were in there, and by all, I mean all.

“Yeah,” he agreed leaning down to peck my forehead while also tracing the ring that was now mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh its short but i think its super sweet, especially considering how much i fail at proposal scenes lolz. Comments make me happy :)