Status: Complete

'Safe' Is Not A Word In My Vocabulary

Chapter 39

Jacob’s POV

“What should we call him?” Cent whispered and for some reason, I said the first thing that popped into my head when looking at his tiny face.

“Anthony,” I whispered, at the same time he blinked and squirmed again. Fitting to have ‘ant’ in the title since he was so small. It suited him.

Cent smiled out the corner of my eye and kissed his tiny head. She was cradling him in arm and holding my hand with the other.

“Anthony James,” she finished confidently. “Anthony James Black.”

Her voice made the words into music and I couldn’t resist leaning down to kiss her forehead. She smiled brightly before she held him out to me.

I was nervous for a second, taking him awkwardly into my arms until I was sure I could handle it. He seemed even smaller there.

“I like it,” I said, his hand holding onto her finger again while he relaxed.

I nodded mechanically and she called towards the door, just slightly higher than a tone for normal conversation, “Damien, K-9,”

Immediately at her words, the two guys’ strolled in, K-9 grinning and Damien looking just as dazed as I felt.

K-9 stole closer to the bed and looked at him, a smile still in place while he exchanged Cent’s fingers with his. Cent slumped a little, and her eyes slid into slits but I was the only one to notice.

She really should sleep, and the second the guys finished cooing over the baby, I was going to make sure she did.

“He’s so tiny,” Damien chuckled, somewhat himself again. I smiled and rocked him automatically.

“He looks like his daddy,” K-9 teased, but it made me smile.

Cent smiled too, and she looked younger again. I loved it when she did that, she had way to much stress for her to handle and looked almost twenty sometimes.

“Looks like we’ll have a next generation alpha after all,” Damien said smirking. I frowned at him but didn’t say anything.

Cent had obviously exposed him to the gene, seeing as she was almost a week along for the newborn fight, maybe more, I couldn’t remember now.

I kissed her forehead again and passed the baby to Damien.

He whined a little before Damien passed him over to K-9. He got the same result before Anthony started crying. He chuckled before handing him to me.

I rocked him in my arms and Cent put a hand on him too. He shushed up immediately and the guys’ laughed.

Carlisle walked in smiling after about twenty more minutes of this.

“The rest of the pack is here to see you,” he said just as the sound of a few stray paws and a pair of tires reached my ears.

Centhua tried to sit up but I held her down with a hand, and held Anthony with the other. “Let them wait a bit, Cent needs to rest.” I said and Carlisle nodded.

Damien and K-9 looked down, as if noticing Cent’s drained state for the first time. Damien kissed her head and they excused themselves.

I set our son back in her arms before pulling a chair up next to her. I took him back and it looked like she was out already. “Stay,” she demanded, making me smile and kiss her lightly on the lips.

“I will,” I promised, while her eyes slipped closed.

XxX

Cent slept for only about an hour, and by then I had let Leah take the baby downstairs.

She was the only one he really took to except Cent and me, but she was also the only one who’s temperature was a complete match like mine. It think he mostly took to Cent because she was his mom.

It was hard to apply that word to Centhua though, and even harder to envision myself a father.

I heard Renesmee downstairs cooing over the baby and grinned at how she would have to share the attention.

Cent’s eyes fluttered and I smiled at her. She seemed wide awake for some reason and her eyes searched the room, her lips puckering into a frown when she didn’t see Anthony.

I chuckled and kissed her gently, “He’s downstairs, your ‘brothers’ are showing him off.” I said causing her to nod and yawn. Her fingers intertwined with mine and she smiled.

We were doing that a lot tonight.

Centhua’s POV

Eventually, Jacob let everyone up to see me and it was crowded for a while. There was a bit of teasing but mostly everyone was just excited.

I was feeling wide awake and Jacob felt stable enough to step out for a second while I held Anthony.

Billy Black, Jacob’s somewhat distant father had managed to get upstairs, in a way that I didn’t want to think to hard about and was congradulating me.

I smiled and thanked him, kissing my baby for what felt like the millionth time. People ‘awed’ and I stroked his face before holding him up some.

“Wanna hold him grandpa?” I asked smiling while Billy held his arms out. Anthony was alseep, so he wasn’t fussing and I was grateful for that.

“So when did the doc say you get out of here?” Bree asked, placing her hands on the side of the be rail and smiling at Ant.

Yes, I’d managed to figure out why Jacob choose that name, but I didn’t mind. It fit him perfectly.

“He said I have to stay overnight at least, but he doesn’t think longer than that because the baby’s digestive system is already developed enough that he can drink from a bottle.

Kim giggled from where she was standing next to Jared and Racheal. “Lucky, your home free,” she teased.

Feeling a bit more like myself again, I stuck my tongue at her. Everyone chuckled or laughed and Jacob came back in.

XxX

Overnight was exactly my term at the Cullens.

The baby didn’t like the smell, and Carlisle assured me that I was strong enough to leave. Jacob was skeptic but he didn’t even try to argue. We were home, with out little blanket wrapped son, by the next night.

The cold February air bit at me and I shivered while Jacob got Anthony inside.

I didn’t go in yet though, I was enjoying it way to much, and the urge to run through the snow that had piled high above my house was almos to hard to resist.

Not impossible though, as soon as Jacob called my name I came in.

XxX

Over the next month, Anthony grew to nearly the size of a three month old.

He progressed even faster mentally, knowing basic things that Jacob and I would say like ‘food’ or ‘sleep’ but he was no Renesmee. He was still a baby, and for that I was grateful.

I didn’t know how Bella and Edward delt with the fact that Renesmee could be dating in only six more years. I couldn’t even try to understand it.

The time was passing in weird ways, faster at some times and then slower at others.

About month and a half after coming home, any signs that I’d ever given birth were gone. My stomach was flat again, and my thighs, and there were no stretch marks at all. Kim wasn’t kidding when she said I was home free.

But of course that wasn’t entirely true.

My boobs were still huge, obviously, even though Ant bottle fed, and Jacob obviously took notice.

He had been toying with me all week, and it was torment. He wouldn’t do it enough to start anything, or enough that I could protest, but he still managed to excite me some days.

Like right now for instance.

XxX

Anthony was asleep, and it was nearly eleven.

Jacob had been ‘teasing’ me for the last twenty minutes. I liked to think I would break but that ship has sailed.

I all but tackled him on the bed, covering his mouth with mine while he growled. I didn’t intend for it to go too far, but that ship has sailed also.

In the next second I was underneath him, and my shirt was off.

I tried to remind myself why I should stop, and came up blank. I knew there was a reason though, and slowed down.

Jacob pulled away to leave kisses down my exposed neck while my thoughts tried to comprehend themselves in my fried brain. When he started fumbling with my bra clasp I remembered.

“Jake,” I said hoarsely. He stopped fro a second but his mouth didn’t leave my skin. “Mm-hm?” he hummed against my throat.

That there was enough to stop my protests but I kept my head together.

“Jake, stop we can’t,” I said pushing him. He continued to kiss me, not hearing and I phased through him, rolling off the bed and standing up before sitting on it again. He looked at me, both confused and a little flustered from the brief exchange.

“Anthony’s alseep,” he hinted, making me roll my eyes.

“I know, but Jake, Charlie brought something up with me a few weeks ago that you really should hear.” Jacob brow rose, but he got off me completely and crossed his arms. “Okay, shoot.”

I sighed at his choice of words and ran my hands through my hair. “You’re a minor Jake, you only just turned seventeen and I turned nineteen. You’re a freaking dad, and people are starting to talk.”

Jacob seemed surprised I brought that up, since he had dropped out of high school earlier and he was so freaking huge, he was never considered a minor. His face was blank.

“Oh, well is that all?” he asked making me scoff and hit him with a pillow.

“Is that all? Jake, I could get in some serious trouble for this shit.” I whined rubbing my temples with my hands as Jake snickered.

“For, what seducing me?” he chortled again. I gave him a cold look, so he knew he would be getting anything tonight. “Yes, exactly.”

He chuckled and reached for me, but I wasn’t finished. “Theres two options we have Jake,” I said making him roll his eyes but stop. Why are teenage boys so horny?

“We can try to convince Charlie, who I have a feeling is the start of these rumors, that I just turned eighteen, and not nineteen.”

He nodded seeming bored.

“Or we could try to convince him that Im a slut and it’s not your baby.”

That wasn’t a real option, the first one was actually the only choice.
I just wanted his reaction.
It worked.

His head snapped towards me and he narrowed his eyes. “No. The first option.” He growled and I smirked. “Fine, but that means you cant fuck me until you turn eighteen.” I said smugly. His expression faltered a little and It took a while for him to think it over.

He sighed deeply, “First option,” he grumbled and I grinned at his defeated expression. I put my shirt back on and kissed him lightly. “Be strong Jake, it’s only ten months.”

I knew he’d last, the problem was if I would.