Status: Complete.

Keep Your Girl Out of My Shoe Cabinet, Your Wife

Chapter 6

Image

The next few days went by in a rush and before I knew it was the day I would be turned into Mrs. Crosby. My morning sickness woke me up at 7:58am. Just two minutes later a wide awake and hyper Taylor ran into my bathroom but kneed down eventually to hold my hair back.

“Good morning”, she greeted me: “Having fun with the baby again?”

I rolled my eyes at her when turning around and leaning against the cold tiles of my bath tub.

“Yeah most amazing experience ever… you should try it too.” Sarkasm hung in the air.

“No not yet thanks… Dad would be thrilled. I just came up here to check you’re awake…. Get dressed we’ll head out in 20 minutes.” She jumped up, straightened her sweats and went to the door.

“Uhm and where are we headed to?” I asked dumbfold.

“The ceremony isn’t until later today so out mom’s thought it would be a good idea to send the two of us to a spa. You know manicures, pedicures, massages. The whole girly program. Just no champagne at breakfast for you. So… change into something comfy and me downstairs as soon as possible.”

After she was gone I slowly stood up, flushed the toilet and walked over to the sink to wash my face and brush my teeth. My eyes were bloodshot from barely sleeping during the last days and my hair looked pale and dull. Maybe the idea with going to the spa wasn’t a bad idea. I really looked like I needed it. A smile flashed over my face as I threw my hair into a messy bun and waltzed back into my room. On my bed now lay a wrapped box and an envelope. Curiosity hit me and I went to open the envelope first.

‘Good morning Viv,
my mom thought sending you this was a funny idea. You know how overexcited the two are. Well let them have a good time. Mom wanted me to put a letter to it… no idea what to write. Anyways have a great day with Tay. See you tonight.
Sid

P.S.: Pack sunblocker. Overheard the moms that they’re sending us to the maldives.’

I squealed, jumped and dropped the letter. MALDIVES. Yet another positive thing about this entire marriage project of our families. Not only did I now get another sister but also a trip to the maldives… A trip to paradise… nice… the only thing I had to find out was how to block out the guy in my bed. Quickly I unwrapped the box and pulled out some white sweats and a matching zip jacket. The sweats had ‘BRIDE’ written square across the butt and the jacket had a large 87 on the back… so much for staying under cover.
“The mothers are completely insane.” I muttered while putting them on, matching with a red lace top.
Still it could not down my sudden good mood. After throwing a bikini into large handbag along with my keys, Blackberry, wallet. On my way out I grabbed my Ray Ban’s and slipped into some beige ballerina flats.

In the kitchen I found Taylor, still smiling and in a good mood and the two gushing mothers.

“Good morning”, my mom exclaimed when she saw that I entered. “How are you? Everything fine? Nervous? Don’t get cold feet.”

Trina joined her side. “Good morning sweetie. Oh my god I can’t believe it’s the day now. Your mother and I joked about this since you two were doing crawling races in the backyard. I see you found Sid’s present? Suits you well.”

Taylor rolled her eyes at our mothers and made funny faces behind their backs.

“Yeah yeah I’m fine thanks. Good morning to you too.” I said while opening the fridge to grab myself a glass of cranberry-apple juice… my new morning drug instead of coffee. “But definitely no cold feet or nervousness. Why should I? not that I was into this whole thing. I’m just doing this for my baby and because you guys are making this to. Don’t get your heads twisted into some idea of us wanting this. You all know that I could perfectly work out on my own and that Sid would be really happy with having a good time with Becky. Why fix what’s not broken?” I asked, trying to save everything in the last moment.

“Forget about Becky my dear. She is out of the picture now. You won’t get so see her again and I’m sure you will fall for each others at some point. Come on it won’t be too bad and it’s the best thing for the kid to grow up with both of its parents. Consider that.” My mother spoke up.

“I’ll never get you to change your mind huh?” I wondered “Could you know give me the address, so Tay and I can get out of here.”

“Oh no you’ll drop your keys into this box and you’ll get it back after honeymoon. Troy
will drive you two there.”, Trina finished while pushing Taylor and my towards the front door, opening it in the very moment her husband pulled into our dive way.
At the door my mom waited, holding a box in her hand. Another keyring already lay in there. I figured it was Sidney’s. Letting out a sigh I pulled mine out of my purse and dropped it into it. Good-bye freedom.

Tay grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the car.

“Come on let’s go and get that smile from earlier today back onto that beautiful face of yours. I don’t want you to be all sad on the day that’s supposed to be the happiest day of your life. I know it’s not the way you dreamed of it but hey… you could have had it worse… imagine it wasn’t my brother but like Sean Avery or so…. Look at the advantages… you get a nice trip for free, a new sister AND an amazing house in Pittsburgh. You have to see it. It’s soooo great.”

I laughed at her enthusiasm and pulled her into a tight hug. “Thanks Tay… I really know why you are my maid of honor. You really are the best and know how to cheer me up.”
Hand in hand we ran towards the car and jumped onto the backseats.

“Good morning daddy.” Taylor greeted him since she had crushed at my place the last night and planted a kiss onto his cheek.

“Good morning daddy in law to be.” I greeted him, doing the same.

“Wow good morning my two girls. What lightened up your mood Viv? Some hours ago you were all grumpy.” He said while putting the car into reverse and pulling out of the drive way.

“Well you know your better kid listed up the advantages of this whole thing and how can I not be happy getting such an amazing sister and such great parents in law? Let’s just forget about Sidney.”

Troy laughed and turned on the radio while heading towards the Highway.

At the spa, a friendly lady in her fifties greeted up and led us to a nicely set up breakfast table overlooking the harbour. When we sat down some of the other guests started to whisper behind our backs. We ate some real good fruit salad and warm croissants. After the breakfast the lady handed us bathrobes and gave us the grand tour. Our mothers really had booked us the pull program with massages, facials, manicures, pedicures, mud baths, steam baths, waxing…. It felt like I hadn’t winked once and we were back in the restaurant with the awesome view eating lunch when our mothers joined us.
Suddenly my phone beeped twice signalizing new posts on twitter.

1.) In the car with @Max25Talbot. Big day today #bigfatcanadianwedding

2.) On the way to the blushing bride with @armdog. Best man and I are your commentators today. All news and pics here and @armdog. #bigfatcanadianwedding #youllneverbelievethis

I laughed about the two of them and showed my mom, Trina and Taylor the post in the very moment they waltzed into the restaurant.

“Hey ladies”, Max announced when they finally spotted us and arrived at our tables.

“We really don’t want to intrude just dropping of a present of the groom and one of us.” Army said while placing two gift bags onto the table and taking a bow. I jumped up, walked around the table and pulled the two of them into a hug. During the last days we really had grown closer though they really believed we were a couple for real and like everyone else –safe for the family- they still didn’t know anything about the baby.

“G’day you two. Thank you so much for dropping by and for the warning on Twitter like 2 seconds before invading the room.”

Everyone sitting around the table laughed and the guys insisted on leaving right away. Directly after lunch we went into a fairly large lounge where stylists were already waiting for us to do our hair and make-up.
I told them to make my hair fall in large slightly curly waves. I had also chosen a pretty natural eye make up that made my green eye pop against my brown hair but didn’t look like trying hard.
Taylor wasn’t done yet so I relaxed in a lounge chair for a while and unwrapped the presents. Max and Army had gotten me a blue garter. Sidney on the other hand had given me some awesome earrings. In the inside of the box was an inscription ‘To my beloved bride. May 16 1931’

At 5:45 pm my mother and Trina were sitting on the couch with tears in their eyes, as Taylor closed the buttons at the back of my dress. I turned around, looked into the mirror and let out a sigh. Definitely not the dress I wanted to wear to my wedding but then again this wasn’t the way to get married I had dreamed of as a little girl. The cut of the dress nicely hid the bumb that for some reasons was showing a lot for being so little along and since the pictures were going to be spread on twitter soon there was no way I could wear a nice tight corsage dress.
After facing the mothers I slid on my shoes, put the engagement ring on the right spot and grabbed my fan. Hot flashes were a good friend of mine lately.
“Ready?” I asked and everyone jumped up immediately. A white limousine drove us to the house I had been to only a few days ago catching my so called fiancé in the hot tub with two girl. Great.
When we pulled up it was 6:30. In 30 minutes the ceremony would start. My mother and Trina went inside while Taylor and I remained in the car. 2 minutes later the door opened and Max jumped into the car.

“Hello ladies. You too look gorgeous… wait let me tweet that.”

Tay and I laughed at him. He and Army really had made our day at the spa with all the funny comments and random pictures of wedding preparations at the house, Army chasing Sam, only wearing boxers trying to put a tiny veil on her head. Max pulled out his phone and started to type.

‘Good thing about NOT being the groom? You can go see the beautiful bride and maid of honor BEFORE everyone else… lucky b... having such a gorgeous sister and fiancá.’

Taylor smiled at him and called him a boot licker. Soon he left us again to walk out on the dock. Then my dad knocked at the door and it was time to walk out of the car into a new life. With a great new sister, awesome parents in law and a husband that doesn’t want to marry me and be a father to our unborn child.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone I'm soooo sorry. I know it has been forever but life is just UGH right now... I really try to get the second part of the chapter online until friday.
thanks for commenting and subscribing. you are amazing <3