Lost And Found

Lost And Found 6

Brendon's POV

Ryan got out of the hospital for a couple of days now, and I haven't talked to him yet. Jon and Cathy claim to have some "business" to take care of, so they said I had to go to Spencer's house for a couple of days.
Do they think Im stupid? They just want me to talk to Ryan. I mean don't get me wrong, I do want to talk to him but its hard to talk to someone who doesn't trust you.
I sighed, Ive been at Spencer's house for 2hrs and Im bored out of my mind. I want to go for a walk but its dark out... oh well. I got up, and slowly walked out of the room. I was walking past Ryans room when I heard him crying.
I stopped.
I cant stand it when he cries. I knocked softly on the door and walked in. It was dark but I could still see him in the bed. I went over to the bed laid down pulling him close to me.

"Br-Brendon?" he stuttered.

"Yeah, its me..." I replied.

There was silence. He held on to me tightly not wanting to let me go. We've been sitting there for what felt like years when Ryan decided to speak.

"He use to b-beat me," he said sounding scared. "He was an alcoholic." I looked up at him waiting to hear more.

"My mom... one day she just got up... and left... she didn't tell anyone she was leaving.. she didn't even take me with her! She just disappeared. She left me a note that said she would be back for me.." He trailed off.

I touched the tears on his face, urging him to go on.
"But she never did come back." He sighed miserably.

"I waited everyday for her but I finally gave up. After she left he would drink every night and beat me till I was blue and black" He said tears falling from his eyes.

I hugged him closer to me, comforting him.

"Then one day I was at a friends house. Him and his parents knew my dad beat me, so they let me stay with them. But my dad found out and broke into the house in the middle of the night. H-He tried to kill me but luckily... they knocked him out before he had the chance to. he was put in jail." He started to shake violently. I hugged him tightly, tears falling from my eyes.

"Ry-Ryan..Im so sorry I never knew.." I said trying to control myself.

We laid there in each others arms, crying.

"Br-Brendon I don't want him to hurt me anymore. Im scared he might come after me again now that hes out of jail..or worse he might come after you." Ryan whimpered, scared.

"Don't worry Ryan I wont let him touch you your safe with me I promise."

"NO!!!" he screamed, "Don't make promises you wont be able to keep."

"I'm going to keep my promise Ryan." I tried to hug him but he kept pushing me away.

I grabbed his wrist trying to calm him down. He winced in pain an pulled his arm back. I looked at him.

"Whats the matter with your arm?" I asked as calmly as I could. He looked down, not making eye contact with me.

"Nothing.." he whispered.

"Let me see it then." He jumped back.

"No!" He tried to run, but I grabbed him and pulled up his shirt sleeve.

Scars covered his arm. Old, New, Long, Short, Deep an Not Deep. I ran my finger down his arm and he winced as I did. Tears started to run down my face. I couldn't believe it. Ryan-MY-Ryan was cutting himself.

"R-Ryan why?"

"I di-didn't kn-know what el-else to do." he said stuttering.

I became angry.

"You could have come and talked to me"

"How could I?! You were mad at me!"

"Well you could have talked to SPENCER, JON, CATHY, OR JUNE!!" I was yelling now.

"THEY WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND!" he yelled back.

"THEY WOULD HAVE? YOU JUST DON'T THINK THEY WILL!! YOU JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS WAY TOO MUCH."

I started to calm down.

"You doubt them...You doubt me...You doubt my love for you..." I whispered.

"No..Never Brendon. I would never doubt them, you, or your love for me. I love you and I always will."

He hugged me tightly an I hugged him back even tighter.

"Don't leave me Brendon...ever."he said crying"

"I wont, but Ryan, you have to learn to trust me and everyone else. We are only trying to help you. Not harm you."

"I know, I'm sorry..."

"And Ryan?"

"Yeah" he replied.

"Not more cutting, okay?"

"Okay..." he whispered.

"Promise." I said looking at him.

"I promise.." he said looking me. I placed a soft kiss on his lips.

"Lets get some sleep okay?" he said, going over to lay on the bed. I followed him. He cuddled up to me.

"I love you Bren."

"I love you too, Ry-Ry..." We soon fell asleep holding each other.