Gorgeous Nightmare

Is it the way that you kiss?

Jerrica

I stuffed the last of my clothes into my backpack, zipping it closed. I hummed softly to my iPod, currently playing "Unwell" by one of my favorite bands, Matchbox Twenty. When the chorus arrived, I sang it out loud. Rob Thomas's voice just had a certain effect on me.
Zack appeared in the doorway. I blushed a deep red and stopped singing. "No, go on, sing. Your voice is beautiful," he murmured. This caused me to blush some more and mumble thanks.
"Are you ready to go?"
I licked over my lips and nodded. He took my backpack from me and walked out of the house and to the edge of the woods.
"Okay, I have to show you something, and I need you to promise you that you won't freak out, okay?"e
I nodded, confused as to what he was saying.
"Matt! Get your ass out here!"
I peered into the forest, only to see the wolf I called Shadow trotting over to us.
"How do you know his name?" I asked.
Zack looked at his shoes. "Well, uh, Jerrica, you remember my friend Matt from earlier?"
"Yeah?"
"Well, that's him. And your favorite wolf, Green Eyes?"
I nodded, urging him to go on.
"That's me."
As soon as he finished his sentence, he dropped to all fours. I watched in awe, too scared to look away now. He convulsed a few times. I blinked. When my eyes opened again, there was a wolf there.
What the hell.

I awoke in a bedroom that most definitely did not belong to me. I sat up and looked around, noticing a man sitting on the edge of the bed. He must have sensed my movement because he turned around right away.
"Hey Jerrica, how are you feeling?"
"Where am I?"
Zack smiled. "You're in my room. You live with me now, don't you remember?"
Oh yeah, I guess I do.
I pulled my knees to my chest. "I had the weirdest dream."
"Wanna tell me about it?"
"Well, you were a werewolf."
"Jerrica, that wasn't a dream."
"Then I'm crazy. You're crazy. You're all crazy!" He crawled over the bed and pulled me into his arms. I started sobbing hysterically. Once I was done, Zack left the room. I whimpered as the door shut. He was making me feel okay again.
About ten minutes later, JuliAnna walked in.
"Hey Jerrica!" she said with a smile on her face. Was she one of them too?
"Hi," I whispered.
She sat on the bed. "How're you holding up?"
"Not too well."
She laughed. "I can tell. I know you think we're crazy, but I promise you, we're not. Well, Jimmy's a bit insane, but it's all in good fun."
I just nodded. I didn't want to talk right now.
"Lighten up, hun. They're the best guys to be stuck with, believe me. C'mon, why don't we go meet the other girls?"
I smiled and followed her out of the room and into a nice living room where there were five guys and three girls, all with beers in their hand. There was a baseball game on the television, which mildly peaked my interest. My dad and I used to watch baseball together when he actually cared.
Zack looked up and rushed to my side.
"Guys, girls, this is Jerrica."
I was greeted with smiles and a chorus of hellos. JuliAnna took my arm and led me downstairs and into a nice sized den, the rest of the girls following. We sat down at a sectional surrounding the fireplace.
"Jerrica, meet Eios, Kristy, and Marisol. Of course, you know me, JuliAnna."
I smiled at all of them and twiddled my thumbs.
"Well, c'mon, don't be a stranger! You're living with us, might as well get drunk with us!" a voice I did not know, but a face I recognized as Eios said.
Maybe this wouldn't be quite so bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
The secret's out! Whoop whoop!
Thanks for the feedback guys; I think I got ten subscribers on that last chapter alone. It means a lot!
Comment and subscribe? Don't be a silent reader!
Thanks to everybody who has commented so far! -
bloodravyn
Kickstart My Heart
SHADOWS COURTESAN
Marisol_Decode
i'm not ready to die
Keep 'em coming!