The Prince of Ice

In the Shadows

Dimitri sat outside the deserted parking lot. Looking at his map he could see the the last bit of horde members would be arriving. Making himself scarce he watched and waited. The last week had been torture for Dimitri, not only had he left the school but he was about a good 8 days away from the vocal point. It had been a rough way to go but he made it with even a little time for resting up. It was a huge parking lot with an abandoned building facing the old dirt road. Dimitri wasn't sure what this place use to be, but it was dead now. Hordes were usually hidden by some sort of shield, find the shields hem and you're in.

Dimitri eyes his watch with precision,

“12:02” it read in big red digital numbers. Dimitri cursed, where were they!?

Suddenly from the brush came a noise, footsteps coming toward the parking lot

“Its this way!” a voice said from the distance. Dimitri ducked down even further down as not to be seen. But he had a perfect visual of them, hobgoblins the lowest of the low monsters. Dimitri sneered, relatively easy to take on if noticed, but he needed them to get in so he suppressed the urge to lob there heads off.

“Come on Hayden we need to hurry it up!” one of the two grumbled. They were stubby little creatures found in all parts of the world no matter what. Dimitri sighed as he waited for the other one to catch up.

“Come on Jess I'm walking as fast as I can!” Hayden whinnied as he gasped and wheezed for his breath. Dimitri heard a loud thud like something hitting the concert then a whimper of pain.

“Shut up you big log of snot and keep it going. We need to get in there before all the good stuff is gone and were left with the less than decent crap!” Hayden snapped as he gave his companion another good thump on the head before proceeding. Now standing at the back of the old building Dimitri could see Hayden raise is arms up and in a swift move split the myst away to reveal the seam. This was his chance, focusing his power Dimitri made every cell in his body become translucent. Before he even knew it he was absolutely liquid, making haste he rushed over to them, making sure not to cast a shadow or seem mailable.

“Lets go!” Jes muttered as he walked past the seam with Hayden unaware of Dimitri all to entirely.

It was a dark room filled with monsters. Dimitri couldn't believe so many were gathered and he couldn't even sense them. Cluttered in squirming monsters all of them biting at one another's necks for the most space.

“Get off my tale”

“Watch it that was my eye!”

All sorts of other things flung around the whole place in a disarray. Dimitri kept close and looked for his main target, this Horde would be especially good for it was also a remembrance horde. It took upon themselves to recall there past killings and he wished for one in particular monster to be here.

Plandin Von Sheffield, was his name and he was responsible for it all. Dimitri's pain his suffering and the haunting of his nightmares for the past 10 years. In the center of the whole hall was a stage. The muster colored walls and the bright purple rafting lights made it almost impossible to ignore any longer. Ducking away from the florescent light he looked on as a small figure took the stage.

“Listen up You scumbags!” The being bellowed. Though small he proved to have a large voice and it called all attention to him. This only meant that he was a siren, covered in colorful scales and eyes so big and bright like two fireballs it stood there its eyes waiting for a soul to speak out. Like anyone faced with a angry siren no words were made as it continued.

“Give your honest honor and highest opinion to our guest of honor. The most devious of us all Plandin Von Sheffield”

Dimitri felt his fist clench as he ducked down even further. He kept his visual on the stage as a tall lean figure came onto it. Dressed head to toe in a black Italian suit and shoes. His long hair slicked back into a pony tail he was pale and looked absolutely human. Almost like a businessmen from a huge conference, but his eyes were black as the deepest pit in Tarturus. He held up his hands and all was silent.

“Greetings my brethren. Tonight is a wonderful gathering of all the cut throats of our kind. Tonight will be the relevance we have all been waiting for. ”

The crowd began to roar as Dimitri made his way up the path and towards the stage. His mind quickly calculation this assassination in the effortlessness of speed and agility.

“For I hold with me the end of the Gods and there rule. Here we will see a new dawn, the Dawn of Darkness.”

Dimitri faltered for a moment, this was something big and he knew it. The dawn of Darkness was foretold by many of prophets before hundreds of thousands of years. It was said that this demolition would be the end of the world as they all knew it. Dimitri stepped back into the shadows not wanting to be seen, and listened closely.

“There will be a flower soon blooming. Its power is straight from Tarturus itself. On eating the blooms we will be endowed with the power of the Titans and will be able to gain awesome power. With these new powers we will over throw the Gods once and for all.”

The crowd was whipped into a frenzy now. Cheers and jumping bodies flew into the air now, nearly knocking Dimitri down in that instant and into the crowd. He only lost his footing for a while when he saw her.

“Jade?!”

She was standing in the corner of the room, trying to blend in. Trying was the key word because she looked the part of a human slave but not completely. Dimitri saw something was off, he couldn't quite put his finger on what it was but it was true. Clad in a dark dress with two revealing slips down the bottom of the dress she looked a bit on the elegant side more than the slutty side. She held her tray and waited as he eyes scanned out. That was it!

Dimitri made a quick barrel for her and stood next to her next to a red head, he drew in close. “If you don't keep your eyes on the floor there gonna know your not a human.”

She jumped slightly as she looked around, but took his advice and put her eyes to the floor in that instant. “Dimitri?!” she hissed. Her voice was filled with excitement and both panic.

“How are you....um invisible. You the son of Poseidon not Hades.”

True Hades and his children had the ability over invisibility, but he had ways of getting around certain concepts. “True, I have my ways. How did you get here?”

He saw her mouth curve upwards in a satisfied smile, “When they held you captive we managed to get the map from you for a while and replaced it with a copy. We have the original. We just thought you would sell it to some other monsters for a prophet. Thats what Esmeralda assumed.”

Dimitri felt his blood begin to boil, what a bitch! But he would deal with that hot head later right now Jade was in a lot of trouble he could sense it.

“We need to get out of here.” He said as he pulled at her. She followed him a little before hissing, “What do you mean? I thought you came here for a reason?”she muttered as the platter clattered to the floor. Not many were around for anyone to notice but Dimitri paid it no mind as he looked around for an exit. I was a far stretch for him but he had to make the stretch, the new information had his mind racing. The flowers Shefeild must have been talking about was the Black Dragon, a rare flower which origins were a mystery to all on the planet. They bloomed in no particular pattern, only in deaths and turmoil they seemed to spring up. Dimitri cringed when he last saw them, they were all over his old home by the hundreds.

“Make a beeline for the door now. I'll meet you outside.” He whispered as he pushed her towards it, she just looked back at him.

“I'm not the damsel in distress you now. I cam take care of myself” she spat with venom dripping from her voice. Dimitri was about to offer her a perfectly good reason why he had to get her out of here but didn't get the chance.

“Yes Dimitri. Shes a big girl she can handle herself fine.” Von Shefeild said from behind him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I now I haven't updated in ages, been off for nearly a year I now, but yeah comments plz!!!