‹ Prequel: The Tracks of My Tears

I'm Only Me When I'm With You

Wedding Day.

I'm Only Me When I'm With You

Chapter Ten

The next day couldn't come fast enough for Annie who Danielle forced to spend the night at her house, telling her spending the night with Joe was bad luck, however for most of the night all Annie could hear was Danielle and Kevin arguing about her and Joe. The morning came and Annie woke to a pain in her chest, but it wasn't a worrisome pain, it was a nervous pain, she was getting married...married.

She walked down the stars to find Danielle, but what she found was Kevin and Danielle fighting once more.

“I'm going, end of story.. case closed... say one more word and your in the guestroom.”

“Dani, this is wrong...”

“Their in love.... we were in love when we got married... and still are, you should be happy for them, not trying to tar them apart or put them down, just be happy for them, its not everyday that you find the one... Joe has, its not in the way any of use every expected but it is what it is.”

“I just can't....” Kevin trailed off. Annie heard a door shut and then a car start, Kevin must have went out the garage door. Annie then walked into the kitchen to find Danielle looking rather peeved.

“Oh, good morning” she smiled sweetly.

“I'm sorry your fighting with Kevin, its all my fault.”

“No its not, he's being stupid” Danielle told her. “But forget about him, your getting married today.”

“I know....” Annie trailed off, feeling that nervous pain again.

“I was nervous too... don't worry” she told her, reassuringly. At eleven thirty Danielle and Annie got into Danielle's car, Joe would be picking up Denise and then after they would all be going out to dinner, then Danielle would be driving Denise home and Joe and Annie would go home... man and wife. That thought freaked her out, she had always dreamed about marring Joe, but she was really going to do it, she was going to marry him, sure not in the way she always thought, with a white flowing dress and a body that was banging, instead of her oversized beach ball belly she had now. They arrived at the City Hall to see Joe standing beside his car, leaning up against it, his mother next to him. Danielle pulled into a parking spot near by and Annie got out quickly, she quickly walked over to Joe and hugged him, she had missed him, he went to kiss her but Danielle stopped him.

“No you don't, slugger.... you have to wait till the Peron who marries you tells you to kiss....if you do it know, it will ruin everything.”

“Oh, please.....” Joe trailed off.

“Let's just get inside.... its cold” Annie muttered.

“I'm sorry baby, that can't be good for you” Joe told her, wrapping his arms around her shoulders, rubbing, in attempts to warm her up.

“Oh, I forgot my purse in the car” Danielle then said.

“Hurry” Denise told her. “The appointment is in twenty minutes.”

Danielle rushed back to the car, she was bending over the seats looking for something when it happened, a car came speeding into the parking lot and zoomed past them.

“That looked like....” Joe trailed off.

“No” Denise said. “It wasn't.”

“I think I would know what my own brother looks like” Joe told her.

“I gave birth to him... I would know.”

And just then they heard loud foot steps, they saw a man running, yelling something.

“JOE!”

“See... I told you” Joe looked over to his mother with an all knowing look, but then it faded, what if he had come to try to stop them getting from married? What if when they asked if there was anyone who thought they shouldn't be married please speak now or forever hold your peace.... he wouldn't hold his peace.

“Joe....” he was out of breath by the time he reached him.

“Your not talking me out of this” Joe barked at him, just then Danielle had come back, carrying a few small boxes and nearly dropped them when she saw who was there.

“Kevin” she shrieked, but he ignored his wife.

“I'm not here to stop you from marrying her.... but I have been doing some thinking, someone I love very much said something this morning that made some sense..... I still don't understand it, but I'll accept it, and I want you to know I'm very happy for you and Annie.”

Joe just stared at his older brother, kind of waiting for someone to say GOT CHA, but that never came.

“You mean it?” Joe finally asked.

“Every word” Kevin smiled.

“Oh, Kevin” Danielle cooed, dropping the boxes and pulling her husband into a bone crushing hug. He laughed slightly, hugging her back.

“That was very sweet, Kevin, dear, but it's almost time for the appointment” Denise sounded, with that Kevin helped Danielle carry the boxes of witch no one knew what was inside, other then Danielle who was smiling so brightly as they went inside it was almost like the sun had fallowed them in. Ten minutes latter they were walking into a small circular shape office, a little old man sat at a desk wearing a pinstripe suit and looked very bored.

“You must be Joe and Annie” the man stood up.

“Yes” Joe smiled, his grip on Annie's hand tightened.

“I trust you have taken the proper steps?”

“Yes, we have our blood tests and were ready to go” Joe told him.

“Wonderful, shall we began?”

“Hold on a second, I need Annie to come with me” Danielle then almost shouted.

“Um, can't it wait?” Joe muttered. “Were trying to get married here...”

“No... it has to be now... come on, Annie” Danielle pulled her out of the room and Joe just looked around, Kevin shrugged, just as confused as he was, however Denise had a slight smile on her face. Ten minutes latter Danielle stuck her head in the room and nodded at Denise who right away went into her purse and pulled out her cell phone.

“Everyone stand up” she barked at them, for Kevin and Joe had both taken seats while waiting. All of a sudden the wedding march was blasting out of Denise's phone, she smiled big as Danielle pushed the door open, wearing one of her party dresses, she looked rather pleased with herself, she walked in and stood next to Kevin. Just then Annie slowly came into view, she was no longer wearing that summer dress that she was when they arrived, she was now wearing a long flowing white dress, carrying a single red flower in her hands and a little pink flower in her heir, Joe thought those flowers looked a lot like the flowers in the front of the building but was to taken by how beautiful Annie looked to care.

She smiled brightly as she walked to him, once she got to him she grabbed his and, they turned to the pinstripe suited man and he looked rather annoyed.

“Are we ready to start now?”

“Yes, sir” Joe told him.

“Are we sure?” the man barked.

“Yep” Danielle answered, laughing a little.

“Alright” the man pulled open one of his desk drawers and pulled out a book, a book that looked rather used. “We are gathered here today to join this man and this women in holy matrimony.”

Joe intertwined their fingers as the man talked.

“If there is any reason why this two shall not be married speak now or forever hold your peace.”

Joe looked back at Kevin and he smiled at him, Joe then looked back at the man and he went on, Joe sighed in relief.

“You may start with the wedding vows...” the man trailed off, still looking rather bored.

“I, Joseph Adam Jonas , take you, Anniebell Elizabeth Wilson , to be my lawfully wedded wife, my constant friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day forward. In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful husband in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live.”

By this time she was crying uncontrollably, she didn't know how he could have remembered all that, she couldn't barely think at the moment. But at least it was her turn.

I, Anniebell Elizabeth Wilson, take you, Joseph Adam Jonas, to be my lawfully wedded husband, my constant friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day forward. In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful wife in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live.”

She could hardly see, her eyes were so filed with tears, no matter how many times she wiped her eyes they were still tear filled

“The ring's please” the man then stated, Joe reached into his pocket and pulled a little blue box, he opened it and there was two bands, one bigger one for him and one small one for her, he pulled them both out and handed his to her. He grabbed her left hand and began to talk.

“I give you this ring as a symbol of my love and faithfulness. As I place it on your finger, I commit my heart and soul to you. I ask you to wear this ring as a reminder of the vows we have spoken today, our wedding day.”

He slipped the band on her finger slowly, she was a total mess by this point, almost sobbing, he smiled at her sweetly, looking slightly misty eyed himself.

“I give you this ring as a symbol of my love and faithfulness. As I place it on your finger, I commit my heart and soul to you. I ask you to wear this ring as a reminder of the vows we have spoken today, our wedding day.”

She pushed his ring onto his finger, she didn't even know if she had the right finger, once she let go of his hand he wiped the tears away with it and mouthed.

“Almost there.”

“By the power vested in me by the state of California I now pronounce you husband and wife.... you may kiss the bride” before they could kiss the man had sat back down in his leather black chair. But no one cared as Joe pulled Annie to him and kissed her softly, soft but passion filled, as they pulled away they could hear Denise, Danielle and Kevin clapping behind them, they turned around and looked at them, Danielle had mascara running down her rosy cheeks and Denise was blowing her nose on her handkerchief, Kevin was the only one in the family who seemed to keep his cool, but even he was smiling wildly.

After signing some papers they left the City Hall, married. They went to a restraint near by, Annie and Joe's hands not leaving each others for a second.

“How's it feel to be Mrs. Joe Jonas?” he whispered, as everyone was reading their menu's.

“I don't know... I don't think its hit me yet” she whispered back. He smiled and pecked her on the lips quick.

“Are you two making out back there?” they heard Danielle ask, they set down their menu's and looked around, all three of them were staring at them now.

“No, we were just talking....” Annie trailed off.

“Sure.... you can't keep it in your pants till you get to the hotel?...Oops.”

“What hotel?” Annie asked.

“Gee, thanks a lot, Dani” Joe muttered.

“What she talking about?” Annie asked him.

“I got us hotel for tonight... we need some kind of honeymoon right?”

“Yeah...” Annie trailed off, wondering if Joe would refuse her again, it was their wedding night after all, but he had been acting strange about sex lately.

“We will go on a proper honeymoon one day, where ever you want to go” Joe kissed her on the cheek softly, she smiled over at him just as the water come to take their orders.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw, Kevin came around.... and their married!! I loved writing this chapter!!! PLEASE COMMENT!!!

Annie's wedding dress: http://www.mamabridal.com/images/D/Athena3.jpg