Status: Taking a break to get things together again

It's a Good Year for a ***

Chapter 14

“Dammit!” Shadows yells loudly
“It was an accident.” Gates says bored with the lecture already
“Oh, she accidentally climbed out of the window and made it the four miles to the gas station?”
“Um,” Jimmy thinks about it for a minute “Yep”
“Give me a break guys. I’m not in the mood to deal with this.” he says as he rubs the side of his head in annoyance.
“I’ll switch back over to my old room then.” Vengeance says abruptly
All the guys just stare at him in shock. I feel awkward standing there in his tight grip in front of all of them. No one is speaking, just staring at him bewildered.
“I mean. It’s no big deal, that room doesn’t have a window or anything.” he says
“You can have my room is you want.” Jimmy offers
“I’m not keeping her in the basement like some kind of sick fuck. No offence.”
Jimmy just smiles “None taken.”
“I mean, I’m sure we could find some other arrangement.” Johnny speaks up. “We could finish the building next door.”
“No I’ll just take the old room back. She would like it, the room is bigger. You don’t mind moving rooms do you?” he asks me.
He looks at me with his big green eyes and suddenly he doesn’t look so scary. He looks broken and my heart aches for him in that instant. I can tell that moving rooms is a big deal, or a least him moving back is a big deal to these guys. I just shrug my shoulders and shake my head.
“Whatever you want Vengeance.”
He smiles and looks back at them, squeezing my hand softly. They all exchange a look I don’t understand but let it go, for now.
“Well then. It will need to be picked up I assume…”he trails off
“No, you’re good to just move your stuff over. It was taken care of awhile ago.” Shadows finally speaks
“Oh.” he sounds surprised. “When did it get cleaned?”
“When you went to see your mom, we weren’t sure if you would want to stay in there or what. We handled it for you. Completely re did it.” he says this with no emotion.
“Right.” Vengeance says, his voice tight. “Well. I should go grab our stuff then. Rev, Christ take her there for me?”
“Lets go short shit.” Jimmy says as he reaches for my hand. I let him take my hand and lead me away from Vengeance without argument. This entire conversation was weird and awkward. This was obviously a big deal to them. It made me curious as to why he moved out of the room in the first place. Johnny followed quietly behind as Jimmy lead me up the staircase and down a dark hallway.
“My room is past the kitchen and in the basement. Gates is down stairs next to the other room you were staying in. Shadows is that first door on the right and that’s his office across the hallway, but I wouldn’t go in there if I was you.” Jimmy says as we stand in front of the door at then end of the long hall.
“My room is right there if you need anything.” Johnny says pointing to a red door a couple feet from what I was told was Shadows office.
Jimmy reaches up and takes a key that was sitting on my door ledge and unlocks it, pushing the door open and ushering me forward. The room is huge. The walls are a warm off white and the ceiling a soft grey color. All the furniture is black and the California king size bed is made up nicely with a black and white bedspread. There is a black couch in the corner facing a plasma TV and a door off to the side which I assume is the bathroom. The boys laugh at me as they push me further into the room. It was gorgeous. Even with having no windows it felt warm and light. It felt safe.
“Go look at the bathroom.” Jimmy says pointing to the door by the couch.
I walk lightly, not wanting to make a mess off the place. I push open the door and am blown away. There is a Jacuzzi bathtub in the corner next to a glass shower, two sinks, and a huge walk in closet in the back. The tile work was amazing, it was all black and white and very elegant. The last thing I would expect to be in a house with these guys.
“I think she likes it.” I hear Jimmy say in a sing song voice
“Yeah. We did a kick ass job on this.” Johnny says back to him
“Wait. You guys did this?” I ask astonished
“Well yeah. It’s not like we can just hire someone to come out here to this place. This is a hideout after all. Can’t exactly let the whole world know where you live. And besides, we weren’t always killers.”

We walk back out to find Vengeance standing in the doorway holding two duffel bags. He says nothing as he stares at us, not entering the room yet. Jimmy looks down at his feet and shuffles them around a bit. Johnny pats me on the shoulder and walks to the door.
"Well. I'm pretty tired after all the searching." he says awkwardly as he squeezes past Vengeance to leave the door.
"See ya later kid. Hey Short Shit wait up!" Jimmy calls after him as he leaves too.
I stay where i am, not sure what to do. I can see the mental struggle going on in his head. He flinches as he takes two steps in and drops the bags. Closing the door, he reaches up to the top of the door frame and slide a deadbolt closed. Locking us in here together.
"You know that's a fire hazard." i tell him
He says nothing to me but walks forward, making me back up into the bathroom. His face is stern and it frightens me.He grabs my face in his hands and brings it close to his.
"Don't ever runaway like that again." he says lowly, the anger evident in his tone. I nod my head yes and stare into his green eyes. He lets go of me and steps back, taking in my current appearance.
"You're soaked. Are you still cold?"
I shake my head no and pull his jacket tighter around me. I was still cold, but didn't want to admit it.
"Let me clean up your feet and then we'll go to sleep." He says as he pulls a first aid kit from a cabinet under the sink. I sit down on the ledge of the tub and he sits on the floor in front of me examining my torn up feet.
The hydrogen peroxide stings and i can't help but flinch as he pours it on both feet and then dabs it with a gauze. He wipes away the dried blood and wraps my feet up for me.
"You shouldn't walk on them for a couple days."
"Ok." i say quietly.
"You should change out of those wet clothes. Don't want you getting sick." he says as he stand up and helps me to my feet. I follow him back to the bedroom and wait as he digs through a bag pulling out clothes for me.
"These are my clothes."
"Well yeah. Wasn't gonna bring you here and make you walk around naked.Unless you want to." he smirks
I shake my head no and grip my shirt tight.
"I'll just turn around then." he smiles
I change my top quickly, dropping the wet shirt to the ground and pulling on my dry one. The shorts take me a little longer. My feet are sore and hurt to put too much pressure on them. I end up on the floor trying to pull the wet too big shorts off. The fabric sticks me but after a minute i am free of it. I slip on my shorts and then stand back up.
"I'm done." i say as he turns around
He looks nervous as motions for me to get in the bed. I crawl in on the right side and try to make myself comfortable. He pulls the shirt over his head and i can't help but stare. His tattoos covered almost every inch of him and it didnt hurt that he was well built. I can feel the blush creeping up as me drops his pants too. Clad only in boxers he climbs in beside me and pulls me close to him. His chest is hot against my back and his breath hot on my neck. I close my eyes and just lay there.
"Goodnight Lola." he whispers
"Night...Vengeance"
"Zacky. You dont have to call me Vengeance, it seems wrong coming from you." he says
"Oh ok. Goodnight Zacky." i say as i lay there. After awhile his breathing becomes even and he even snores a little bit. I relax into him and try not to worry to much. He was nice for the most part, as long as you didn't make him mad.

The other guys are nice too. Jimmy and Johnny are like the brothers i never had. Gates seemed like a good friend. What is up with this names. Johnny Christ, Vengeance, Synyster Gates, Shadows, Rev? Reverend? Weird names. But i suppose they can't walk around using real names when they go off killing people. My poor mother. I wonder what she ever saw in Jameson. I look down at my waist, Zacky's hands are wrapped tightly around me. I wonder how many people those hands have killed. Will they kill me? i have the urge to move away from him but as i start to inch away his grasp tightens.
"Mm." he mumbles. "Don't leave Katherine."
I freeze. Who is Katherine?
♠ ♠ ♠
Someone really should proof read for me. lol. I re-read the last chapter and was ashamed about the grammar mistakes. I really shouldn't update so late. I end up staying up late to write and then i feel the need to post right away. Went through this one and tried to make sure everything was right.

Comments??