Status: Taking a break to get things together again

It's a Good Year for a ***

Chapter 20

When I wake up I’m alone, which is odd. Zacky was usually still asleep when I got up, or awake but waiting for me to get up. I search the room for him but he isn’t here. Fear slowly creeps up as I slide off the bed and walk towards the door. I hadn’t been alone the entire time I’ve been with them. The past week one of them has been with me at all times. If Zacky was busy then I was with Jimmy, if he wasn’t around then I was with Johnny, or Brian. Matt had been on his phone basically the whole week and walked out of the room if I entered it. I let my feet walk me down the stairs, listening carefully for any movement. Once my feet hit the cold, wooden floors I hear someone whispering. I follow the noise to the kitchen. All the guys are standing with their backs to me looking at something.
“What are you doing?” I ask as I walk further into the kitchen. They all turn quickly and hide whatever is behind them.
“Yay! I’ve been dieing for you to wake up!” Jimmy shouts as he picks me up in a tight hug. I laugh at him as he swings me around several times, finally putting my feet back on the ground.
“Happy Birthday!” They all shout as they step away to reveal a pile of wrapped up gifts.
“You guys didn’t have to get me anything.” I say as a slight blush appears from all the attention on me.
“Nonsense! You’re one year closer to death, we must celebrate this.” Jimmy shouts as he hands me a small gift. “It’s from me.”
I unwrap it to find a comb. A purple comb with an odd looking skull on it. Next Johnny hands me his, a hoodie with the same image, a skull with wings on it. Brain hands me his last, I unwrap it to find a small white box. Inside is a silver necklace with the same skull with wings. I smile wide at the guys and look to Zacky to see what was next.
“I’ll give you my present later.” he smiles
“Oh! Someone’s getting sexual.” brain laughs loudly

I cover my face with my hands completely embarrassed and hoping that’s not what he wanted. Zacky pulls me in for a hug and kisses the top of my head.
“Well, you guys finish setting up I need to talk to her upstairs.” He says as he leads me out of the kitchen. I walk in front of him, assuming we’re going back to the bedroom, but he pulls me into the office instead. It takes me a minute to register it, I was told never to go in the office. Shadows had been very clear about it. I look up at the far wall and see the same bat except this time there was a quote around it.
“He who makes a beast of himself, “ I began
“Gets rid of the pain of being a man.” Zacky finished lowly.
“What is it?” I ask, turning back to face him
“We call it a deathbat. It’s kinda our symbol. It’s very important for you to understand that this means something to people. There are very important people in the world who come to us for favors. If you’re ever alone and can’t find me, this image will save you. Do you understand?” He says, almost pleading with me.
“Yes.” I nod my head slowly.
“Here, let me take your picture.” he says as he points for me to stand in front of a blue curtain hanging on the wall. I stand awkwardly as he takes the picture and then does something on the computer. I examine the wall again. It really was an intimidating icon when it was huge like that.
“Ok. Here you go. This means you can leave the house now, but not alone. If you leave make sure one of us is with you.” he says as he hands me a card. It was a drivers license. All shiny and new, my blue hair made me smile and I laugh at the name.
“Lola Bell Baker?”
“Well, Jimmy had a point. This way we can call you Lola or Bell.” he smiles
“Baker?”
“It’s my last name,” he says softly “it’s yours too, if you want it.”
I can tell he is nervous as I stand there looking at him. I just smile and pull him into a hug, planting a kiss on his lips quickly.
“This is part one of my birthday present to you.” he whispers as he pulls me out of the office and back downstairs.
“What’s the other half?”
“You’ll just have to wait.” he smiles
“Meany!” I say as I stick my tongue at him.

When we reach the living room I can tell the guys had been hard at work. They had pushed the couches against the wall and set up their instruments in the middle of the living room. A bucket of beer had been placed on the kitchen table and other various bottles of liquor were on the counters.
“Who is this party for again?” I ask them sternly
“Any celebration is an occasion to get shit faced.” Brian explains as he hands Zacky a beer.
“Right. Well no one better throw up because I’m not looking after you guys tonight, after all. It is my birthday.”
They all laugh at me as they we walk into the backyard. Shadows is standing by the grill starting it up. A huge box sits in the middle of the yard and immediately grabs my attention. I try to causally walk over to it but am stopped by a stern look from him.
“Not yet kid.” he says as he swigs his beer.
“Please?” I ask with a pout face. He laughs at this but shakes his head no. Everybody gets settled at the table as I wait impatiently to open the big box.
“Did you talk to her?” Shadows asks Zacky
“Yeah, and gave her the license.” he answers
“Awesome, just don’t go out wrecking my car.” Johnny laughs
“Bell. This is important for you to understand. We do bad things for rich people. You can’t tell anyone or you will be killed.” He says in a very serious tone. “I don’t want anything to happen to you, you’re a good kid. Welcome to the family.”
I smile at him and hug him, glad he isn’t trying to kill me anymore.
“Ok, close your eyes.” he says.
I feel Zacky’s hands slide over my face and I shake with excitement.
“One. Two. Three.” and I open my eyes.
Under the box is a dogs. I jump up and scream with joy. The puppy comes running at me and I scoop him up in my arms. He licks my face repeatedly and I giggle at how it feels.
“You can name him whatever you want. He’s yours.” he says
“He’s from all of us. Is he cute enough?” Brian laughs
“He is the cutest puppy I’ve ever seen!” I squeal
“What are you gonna name him?”
“Stallion.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well. I've been busy with my tow jobs and family stuff. But i hope you like it.
I added some random A7x stuff, you'll know when you read it.
Don't question my imagination, it has no answers.