Status: Taking a break to get things together again

It's a Good Year for a ***

Chapter 25

I wipe my tears as I show the picture of my puppy for the third time. The couple shakes their heads no and I walk away. Looking back at Zacky, I let a few more tears roll down my face. “Go” he mouths.
I turn to face the last table, the guy with the grey jacket. He looked normal enough, but I can tell something is up. Why did Zacky point this guy out specifically? Why was he making me do this?
“Have you seen my puppy?”
He looks up from his phone, examines my picture, and then turns his attention to me.
“Is that your boyfriend over there?” he asks as he motions towards Zacky. “Why isn’t he helping you look?”
“It’s my fault. I left the gate open.” I lie
“Have you looked down by the river?”
“What river?”
“Come on. I’ll help you look.” He says as he gets up and leads me out of the café area and across the street to a park. I look back to Zacky, but don’t know what the smile on his face means.
“What’s his name?”
“Buddy,” I lie again, “I just got him a week ago.”
He turns suddenly to face me, I jump back out of reflex.
“My name’s Charlie.” He says as he sticks his hand out.
“Lisa.”
“Follow me, hopefully we can find buddy.” He smiles at me, and that’s when I see it, the darkness in his eyes. By this time he’s led me away from the crowds and to a more secluded part of the park. My hands start to shake with fear as I continue to follow him into the trees.
“Buddy!” I call loudly, hoping someone would hear me. “Buddy! Come here boy!”
“You know you really shouldn’t trust people so easily” I hear a dark voice say behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Why is it so hard to write? Sorry you guys. I'm just having a hard time with this bit. I'll do better i promise.