Status: Taking a break to get things together again

It's a Good Year for a ***

Chapter 35

Zacky is leaned back in the chair looking bored as Kyle finishes the skull on his hand. He shows no pain but I can tell he’s gritting his teeth. Johnny waits for his turn while he sits with Bell, helping her decide what she’s getting done.

“I’ve gotta go run an errand.” I say
“You aren’t gonna stay?” she asks, a pout forming on her lips.
“Sorry kid, I’ve gotta take care of something. You can show me your ink when I get home later.”
“Ok.” She smiles as she gets up and hugs me and then sits back down.
“Where you off to Shadows?” Jimmy questions as I walk towards the door.
“Out.”

Driving to the hospital, I can’t help but think about everything. Liz died, Katherine killed Savannah, Zacky beat Katherine within an inch of her life. Almost a year in a coma. I just hope she doesn’t remember anything. We should’ve killed her when we had the chance. But, we’d already lost enough family. Now the only people I care about are the guys and Bell.

The hospital reeks of clean, if that’s even possible. I hate how everything is so white and smells like bleach, it makes me want to shower. I ride the elevator in silence, ignoring the other people beside me. It’s not hard, they all give me space. The tattoos and my stature usually make someone think twice about messing with me. Getting off on the 10th floor, I slowly walk past the nurse’s station and stop at a room labeled 205. The door is open so I lean in to get a better view. Her hair is long and wavy, tucked behind her ears.

“Can I help you?” a women’s voice comes from behind me.
“No.”
“Do you know Ms. Hawkins?”
“I’m an old friend.” I say without turning around, I can’t take my eyes off her still body.
“Are you the one who’s always calling?”
“Yes.”
“Glad to finally meet you in person. You can go in and sit with her if you’d like.” The nurse says as she walks off.

I enter the room hesitantly. Taking a seat in the chair next to her bed, I sit in silence. It’s almost to hard being right next to her. The girl who killed my sister. My heart’s torn. I always considered Liz and Katherine to be my sisters, just like I consider the boys my brothers. I was heartbroken to hear that Liz died. But after Savannah was killed I lost it. I have no heart, only rage. And a twisted sense of justice.

“I’m sorry Kat.” I whisper as I stand up and leave.

The ride home is long. The traffic is heavy and I drive slow, not in a hurry to be anywhere. I don’t bother with the radio so silence fills the car, giving me an opportunity to think about what to do next. Time to talk to Gates and The Rev.
♠ ♠ ♠
Life has been pretty busy. Two jobs and i'm starting school next week. I plan to have another update by friday.