Status: Taking a break to get things together again

It's a Good Year for a ***

Chapter 9

It is late afternoon when she finally wakes from her three day comma.
“I had an awful dream Lily.” she whispers, bringing her hands to her face.
I say nothing as I watch her rub her eyes and then slowly open them. She stares up at the ceiling for a long moment. Her eyes search the room quickly before landing on me.
“Hey.” I say, smiling at her. “I’m glad you’re awake.” She says nothing, just staring at me with wide eyes.
“Are you hungry? Do you want me to make you something?”
She starts to shake her head no when her stomach gives a loud moan.
I let out a loud laugh. “See you are hungry.”
Pushing myself out of the chair and reaching for her hand. She hesitantly takes it and lets me pull her up from the bed, following me out of the room. I watch her face as I pull her into the kitchen. Her eyes travel all over the big open spaces, gawking at the huge skylight windows and old concrete pillars.
“Do you want breakfast or lunch?” I ask, motioning for her to sit at the large, wooden table. She stares at me for a minute “How about I just make you a sandwich.” I say as I turn to the fridge.
“What time is it?” she asks softly. I stop what I'm doing and turn to stare at her. I hadn't expected her to talk. I can’t help the ridiculous smile that appears on my face.
“Noon.” I tell her. She just shakes her head in response, continuing to stare up at the windows. There is rain sliding down the glass and the gray storm clouds can just barely been seen.
Handing her a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, I sit across from her and watch in amazement as she gulfs the whole thing down in three bites. Wiping her mouth on her sleeve, she looks at me timidly.
“May I have something to drink?
“Um. Yeah. Milk of water?” I ask, standing up.
“Milk.”
I hand her a half full glass and sit back down. She drinks it slowly, still looking around the open space. After a long moment she looks intently at me.
“What is this place?”
“Used to be a shipyard. It was abandoned, we converted it.”
She just shakes her head at this, like she isn’t surprised to hear it.
Just as she opens her mouth to say something else Jimmy runs into the room screaming.
“Chocolateeeee Mil…” he yells but stops mid sentence and mid stride “ilk.”
They just stare at each other. No one saying anything.
“You can stop staring at her like she’s an alien now. You’re freaking her out Rev.”
“Yay! You’re awake. Want some chocolate milk?” He asks, his face lighting up like a little kid. She looks at me nervously before accepting his offer.
“Go suck a dick Gates! Annabelle loves chocolate milk.” He yelled into the doorway.
Jimmy poured two glasses to the top, setting down one in front of her and then sitting next to her, throwing his arm over the back of her chair. I could see her stiffen, but after a moment she relaxed. Not fearing him.
“To the lovers of all things chocolate and the goodness of the planet.” he declared, clinking his cup against hers. All I can do is roll my eyes at him as he chugs it down without taking a breathe.
“You know one day you’re gonna choke and then Gates will have the final revenge.”
“No way is that fucker gonna win. Right AnnieBells.” he states, smiling down at Anna.
“AnnieBells?” I ask before she can answer him.
“Well yeah. I’m not gonna call her Annabelle. That’s stupid, no offense.”
“None taken. I don’t like my name either.” she smiles at him.
Jealousy hits me in that instant and I ball my fist tight. She hasn’t smiled for me once, and five minutes with Jimmy and she smiles. I choke back the hateful things I want to yell at him and just turn away.
Brian walks through the door followed by Jason. They each take a seat beside me.
“Well. Glad Sleeping Beauty is awake, now maybe Vengeance will stop hovering around you.” Brian smirked.
I glare at him as I shove him with my elbow.
“Go fuck yourself Gates.” I say bitterly.
“Whoa. Who pissed in your cheerios?” Jason laughs.
I ignore them and turn my attention back to Anna. She is staring at me with a look I can’t place. She looks down, not holding my gaze. She has the darkest green eyes I’ve seen.
“What do you call you?” Jason asks her suddenly.
“Her names Annabelle. Right?” Brain questions.
“She doesn’t like!” Jimmy yells, slamming his cup on the wooden table.
“If you break another cup, so help me Rev. I will make you eat the glass shards.” Matt sneers as he approaches us.
“Ooh. Kinky.” Jimmy winks at him.
A small smile creeps onto Anna’s face as she watches jimmy rub himself seductively, blowing kisses towards Matt. Rolling his eyes Matt takes a seat at the head of the table.
“What doesn’t she like?” he asks, guiding us back to the original conversation.
“She doesn’t like Annabelle.”
“Good. Because we aren’t going to call her that.” Matt says firmly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok. I dont know how much sense this will all make. I've been up for almost 20 hours. Got up early to rally against protesters! and then went and got my rook(part of the ear) pierced. So i have a headache and am very tired. Enjoy. And comment please! Thanks.