Party Queen Causes a Scene

13

I met Jonathan at the hospital, the treatment center allowed people to stay with you and Jonathan had always stayed with me. We sat talking when 2 old couples sat near us.

“Who are you with?” the old lady with brown hair and a floral skirt and red jumper asked.

“Me,” I said and I started to cough, Jonathan laughed.

“I’d tell you she has lung cancer but I think she just made that obvious,” he said and I smiled at him.

“Mines got kidney and he’s got throat cancer,” she replied pointing to the 2 thin old men in front.

Her husband with kidney cancer was wearing sweatpants and a shirt and cardigan and his skin looked yellowish, the other man was wearing black pants and a baggy shirt but his skin had taken on a gray coloring and the lady dressed in a navy dress and spotty cardigan with graying hair was obviously his wife.

They all looked over 60 and the 2 men looked sick.

“Dear you don’t look old enough to be out of school,” the lady in the dress said and I smiled.

“I’m 24,” I replied.

“Arthur she’s the same age as our Colm, how long have you been having treatment?” she asked.

“2 weeks, you?” I asked more directed at the men but they didn’t look able to think let alone speak.

“Both been coming 6 weeks. They’ve got 16 week treatments, have you?” I shook my head.

“8 weeks,” I admitted and they smiled and we all sat talking.

A woman with a stroller was trying to get through the door and Jonathan got up grabbing the door helping her.

“You’ve got a nice boyfriend there staying with you and helping others,” the lady in the floral skirt said.

“He’s not my boyfriend,” I corrected.

“Sorry dear.”

“No it’s fine, we’re friends but he is nice,” I admitted smiling as he sat down again.

We’d stayed talking to them and then Jonathan took me home, making sure I was fine before leaving.

6 weeks later and I’d finished my treatment and although it felt good to know I was finished the doctor told me it could take anywhere from a few days to a month to recover and that I’d have to go back for tests in a few weeks to see if it’d been successful.

I’d agreed to go out with Jonathan, his friends, Jack, Alex and Gabe to the movies; I was sat next to Jonathan and Gabe when I felt Gabe’s arm on mine and I laughed as he winked jokingly.

We were walking out and I saw Mason walking towards us on the sidewalk, I half hoped in the darkness and with the others he’d not see me.

“Lo!” he shouted and I looked as he stopped in front of us.

“You look different,” he said.

“I’ve been feeling a bit sick recently,” I admitted.

“Oh well I hope your better now,” he said and I nodded.

“Well it was nice seeing you,” he said and I nodded as he walked off, I watched him go.

“Come on!” Alex said grabbing my hand dragging my off.

I got home later to see I had a text from Mason ‘It was nice to see you tonight xxx’ I rolled my eyes as I walked to bed.

3 days later and I was at work and feeling a lot better, I heard the door open and finished texting Alex as I heard a familiar voice.

“I’ll have a Jack Daniels…”

“And Coke,” I cut in looking up to see Mason. I served him and he sat watching me work.

“Lo can we talk?” I nodded, we weren’t busy and he wasn’t about to leave without speaking to me.

“I’m sorry about before, I really am. I treated you bad, something I started for you turned out to benefit me and I liked it too much. I was a jerk,” he explained and I nodded.

“I never asked for an open relationship,” I stated.

“I know and I never listened. I shouldn’t have made you feel bad for kissing other guys because you had every right to,” he admitted.

“No, I never wanted this you did! When I needed you you were too busy with other girls,” I snapped and he nodded.

“You know I missed you when you broke up with me,” he stated.

“You never saw me enough to miss me,” I said as he played with his glass.

“Yeah but I knew I had you if I needed you, I knew when it came down to it you were mine.”

“Well maybe now you know how I felt, I tried to get your attention but you never noticed,” he nodded accepting he was to blame.

“I was thinking maybe we could hang out sometime as friends?” he asked and I shrugged.

“Maybe,” I replied as I walked off. He’d made me wait around and now it was his turn to know what that felt like.
♠ ♠ ♠
RebeccaRiot!
sugarrluvr :D