Party Queen Causes a Scene

30

We’ finished dinner and was just walking out.

“Doll you want to go see them for a couple drinks and then go back to ours, I just kind of want to say bye to the others,” he admitted.

“No that’s fine,” I replied and we walked towards where they were. We walked in and saw them all sat together, we said hi before Alex bought us both a drink and I went for the non-alcoholic road.

“Hey Lo come dance with me?” Jack asked and I looked at him.

“He’s not that drunk you’ll be fine,” Alex whispered so I got up walking off with Jack.

We’d been dancing for a little while when I saw Caleb, Kyle and Austin looking at us, every time I looked over they quickly looked elsewhere trying not to make it obvious they were talking about me.

“Lo did you forgive Alex? He never meant to do it, he was just wasted,” Jack shouted over the music and I nodded.

“We’re all good,” I replied.

“Will you be sad Jonathan’s leaving?”

“Yeah I will,” I answered. I saw a girl keep looking at him and I smiled.

“Jack the blond girl to your left keeps checking you out,” I said in his ear and he looked over.

“You always spot the good ones, mind if I go dance with her?” he asked and I shook my head.

“Have fun and be good,” I warned hugging him and he nodded walking off.

I was about to go back to the other when Caleb, Kyle and Austin got me.

“Hey stay with us,” Austin said, we stood talking about nonsense when Austin glared at Caleb who shook his head before Kyle nudged him and he rolled his eyes.

“Fine,” he stated.

“We know what Jonathan asked you and well we kind of want to know why you said no?” Caleb asked.

“What do you mean what he asked me?”

“We know he asked you to come home with us, why’d you say no?” Caleb questioned.

“How’d you know that?” I asked.

“I overheard him talking to his sister and he said something about bringing something back she never expected and would she help him out, he was talking about jobs and his parents before hanging up. I walked out the shower and asked him about it and he told me he’d asked you to go home with him,” Caleb explained.

I stayed quiet.

“He said he was asking his sister to go see some people he knew about getting you a job and would she mind if he moved in with her for awhile.”

“Why’s he moving in with her?” Kyle asked.

“So that if Lo isn’t keen on living with him straight out she can have his place until they’re comfortable living together, why’d you say no?” Caleb asked looking back at me.

“I have a life here that I can’t give up,” I stated.

“He’s told you we’re not coming back right?"

“Yeah, it sucks but well I guess we both kind of knew it was coming,” I offered and he nodded.

“Sucks isn’t the word,” Kyle said before walking off with Austin.

“You know he really wants you to come with us,” Caleb stated.

“I don’t think he’s thought it through properly,” I replied.

”Lo he’s thought it through, he’s planned everything for if you say yes; he gets why you won’t agree to it though but I think he’s just ignoring it,” he admitted.

“Ignoring what?”

“That he’s going, he doesn’t want to go home and I think you know that,” Caleb said.

“He loves his home.”

“Yeah but he likes the prospect of you guys too, if you don’t go home with him the chance you 2 can work this out is small you know that right?” he asked.

“What happened to him being great at long distance?” I asked smiling.

“He is but he needs to know you’re as willing to compromise as he is, if he is willing to travel to see you and to accommodate time differences to talk to you then you’ve got to be willing to do the same,” he explained.

“Yeah but living together Caleb, he’s asked me to go home with him. I live here; I don’t know anyone where he lives and what if it went wrong between us? I’d be left with nothing,” I admitted.

“Your only young once, you know us guys!”

“Yeah and you’re his friends, I just don’t think it’s a realistic thing to ask someone that your not even dating,” I cut back.

“You know he’d have made this official but he doesn’t see the point if he’s not sticking around and maybe your not as interested in it as he is.”

“There’s a big difference between compromising to visit him and living with him,” I snapped and he rolled his eyes.

“I can see I’m getting nowhere here but just think about this, can you let him get on that plane home tomorrow and never think of him again?” he asked.

“Well of course I’d think of him, he’s been like a best friend to me; we’d talk whatever the outcome,” I stated.

"Is it really fair to stay close to him when he wants more than you do?” he replied.

“He knows himself that what he’s asked is huge.”

“Yeah okay let me rephrase the question. If you can let him get on that plane home and leave and never wish he was still there for you, never exchange messages that hint at deeper feelings and you can take the risk of never laying eyes on him again then do it but if you can’t then you need to seriously consider his offer to you,” Caleb snapped walking off.

I stood in my own little world until I heard someone talking to me.

“You listening to me yet?” they asked and I looked to see Gabe smiling at me.

“Sorry what?” I asked and he laughed.

"Alex said your having troubles at yours, the offer he made on my behalf stands; if you want out your welcome at my place until I go home but I’m here for few more months yet,” he offered and I smiled.

“No it’s okay, I guess I can’t afford to live anywhere else,” I stated.

“Lo, remember when your boyfriend was a dick and you left him and things got better?” he asked.

I nodded.

“Bet there was a time when that seemed like it would never happen, when you thought you’d never leave him and that if you did it’d be shitty well your proved that to be wrong, I bet your wrong about this,” he offered.

“This is a tad different Gabe.”

“Maybe but there’s only ever 1 way to find out, what’s the worst that happens?” he asked.

“I move out and can’t afford it resulting in me being homeless because Bryan won’t have me back,” I replied and he smiled.

“But you’d manage at homeless plus I’m sure Jack or Alex would take pity on you and if not them well I guess my spare rooms always spare,” he joked.

“You guys will have me homeless before the end of the week, I don’t have enough money to play games like that,” I admitted.

“Yeah but we just want you to be happy when we leave,” he offered.

“And sleeping on the streets doesn’t make me happy,” I joked and he laughed.

“Oh well at least think about it, nothings ever as bad as it seems and you regret what you never did more than that you did do. Now not that I don’t love our talks but I’m sure you’d rather be with lover boy over there than talking to me so I will let you leave this conversation, but only this once Lo,” he joked and I smiled.

“See you later,” I said hugging him before walking back over.
♠ ♠ ♠
callmeadreamer
XxMcKeyyxX