Party Queen Causes a Scene

31

I sat next to Jonathan who smiled at me before linking his fingers through mine as he carried on his conversation, I heard Bryan shouting away in a drunken state somewhere nearby and saw him by the bar with a group of his friends including Mason. I rolled my eyes and felt Jonathan squeeze my hand.

“The guys a jerk ignore him,” he whispered before carrying on his conversation and I saw Caleb watching me.

I looked at him and he shook his head, I felt Jonathan fidget resulting in him pushing his knee against my own and I knew it was the plan but I couldn’t get what Caleb had said out my mind; could I handle never being more than friends with Jonathan?

"What’s up?” Jonathan asked and I shook my head, he kissed my cheek making me smile before Alex asked him something and he turned his attention to him.

“So are you guys planning on sleeping before tomorrow or are you just sleeping on the plane?” Alex asked and Caleb smiled.

“I like the second option, we leave at like 8am so might as well just party on through; by the time we get to home we’ll be refreshed,” Caleb replied.

“That’s the way to do it,” Alex joked back.

“Hey you want to go home now?” Jonathan asked and I shrugged.

“Well I do, come on,” he whispered.

“Guy’s we’re going home because I’m not pulling an all night, someone has to be awake to get your asses sorted so I guess I’ll see you in the morning as for you guys well I’ll see you whenever. Tell Jack I said bye?” Jonathan said.

“Yeah I’ll tell him in the morning so he remembers it, see you in the summer,” Alex replied.

“Yeah I’ll see you then too probably, bye man. Lo I’ll see you around,” Gabe said and I nodded before we left. We got outside and I knew I had to bring it up.

“So you leave at 8?” I asked and he nodded slowly, I sighed.

“I don’t think I can come back to yours tonight,” I admitted.

“Why?” he asked.

“Because I’m pretty sucky at goodbyes and I think you’ll be busy enough with them in the morning,” I stated.

He nodded.

“Come on I’ll walk you home,” he said wrapping his arm around me, it seemed like it took us forever but that was probably down to the fact Jonathan insisted on walking so slowly; we got to my block and he sighed.

“So I take it that your really not coming home with me then?” he asked and I looked at the floor.

“I don’t think I can, I mean there’s too much that could go wrong; I know I hate living here but I can’t afford to leave. With the way everything is I can’t afford the risk of not having a job, I like this job and I really can’t do much else,” I admitted and he nodded.

“You know I could get you a job and a house Lauren.”

“I know Jonathan but if everything goes wrong I have nothing to come back to and nowhere to go, it’s not like your asking me to move upstate your asking me to move states. If you lived here maybe but I just think the risk is far too big,” I explained and he looked away.

“I get it you know, I just kind of hoped you’d take a chance on it,” he stated.

“Sorry,” I offered and he nodded.

“Well I guess this really is goodbye then,” he said as I felt tears in my eyes.

“Hey don’t you go crying doll, your braver than that,” he whispered hugging me and I hugged him tight against me.

“I promise I’ll come see you if we ever come back this way, you’re a good girl Lauren so don’t you let anyone treat you bad again okay?” he asked and I nodded against his shoulder.

“Keep well and go to the doctors when you have to, promise me if anything happens to you you’ll tell me?” he asked.

“Promise,” I said and he squeezed me tighter.

“I’m going to miss you,” he admitted.

“Me too,” I replied.

“I don’t know if I ever really said it but thank you for everything, without you I don’t even know where I’d be right now so thanks for sticking around and for making that bet with me even if I do think you cheated somehow,” I joked and he laughed.

“I never cheated I’m just that amazing Lauren, anytime and thanks for not hating me for making you do it all,” he offered.

It fell quiet before he let me go.

“Its too cold to hang around, go on home. If you ever need anything just tell me okay?” he asked and I nodded.

“And you know that offer of you coming home with me stands, your always welcome at mine for anything; if you just want to visit or if you want to actually come live with me,” he offered.

“Tell me when you get home?” I asked and he nodded.

“Okay well I guess I’ll see you,” I said.

“Yeah you will,” he replied hugging me again.

He pulled away.

“You know California kind of sucks but meeting you was good.”

“Well I’m glad to make it seem a little better,” I joked back and he smiled.

“You did that alright, right seriously go because otherwise I’ll just stand out here all night with you,” he said smiling and I nodded.

“One thing before you go,” he said kissing me pulling me against his body as my hands moved to his hair, he pulled away.

“Bye,” he whispered before kissing me softly and pushing me gently towards the door.

“Go on otherwise I’ll never go, I’ll see you doll,” he said and I nodded walking inside, I forced myself to go to my apartment no matter how much I really didn’t want to and I unlocked the door to see stuff everywhere.Bryan had obviously had his friends over before they went out tonight, I started to tidy up hoping it’d distract me but as soon as my concentration slipped it went back to what Caleb had told me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long but I've had my exams and loads of assignments to do but I'm back now :)

Thanks for the comments:

XxMcKeyyxX
pixiedusttt.