Status: This story will be updated slowly - but fear not, I will still do it. I'm an English major in college, so I have a ton of homework, so please be patient with me!

Love's Horrid Fruit

018

Hermione

The fall trip to Hogsmeade came, and needless to say I was excited. Getting up, I put on my best sweater and a pair of comfortable pants and a pair of tennis shoes. I didn't know what to do with my hair, so I put half up, letting my frizzy curls engulf my shoulders. When I finally felt that I was ready, I grabbed a jacket, and made my way down stairs where Ginny and Parvati were waiting for me.

"Wow," said Ginny, "You look nice."

"Why are you all dressed up?" Asked Parvati.

I blushed, "No reason... just wanted to look nice today."

Ginny smiled, "There's a boy you like, isn't there?"

I frowned, "What makes you say that?"

She an Parvati exchanged a knowing look. Ginny turned to me and said, "Is it anyone we know?"

I shook my head and scoffed, "I honestly don't know what you two are getting at. I'm going to Hogsmeade with Harry and Ron. I'm not meeting anyone, except Luna for a drink in the Three Broomsticks, but I'm not meeting anybody."

Ginny and Parvati looked at each other and shrugged. "Okay," said Parvati, "We believe you."

"Thank you."

"Can we go now," asked Ginny, "I'm starving."

The three of us left the Gryffindor tower and walked through the corridors to the moving stairs where we met Luna.

"Oh, hello."

"Hello, Luna." I said.

"Are we still having that drink?"

I smiled, "Of course!"

She smiled too, "That's good."

Entering the Great Hall, Luna left us to sit with the other Ravenclaws, and Ginny, Parvati, and I sat with Harry and Ron at the Gryffindor table. Both were eating toast, eggs, and bacon and currently talking about what they were planning on doing in Hogsmeade. Sitting next to Harry, I took the few seconds I had before Ginny sat down to look at Draco, who sat on the far side of the room. My body tightened as his eyes flashed to mine while he spoke to Marcus Flint.

Thankfully, Ginny sat down in front of me, severing the attention I had been giving to the idea of waving at him. She smiled at me before reaching over her brother's plate to grab a few strips of bacon.

"Are you going to Honeydukes, Hermione?" asked Ginny.

"When are you planning on going?"

"With Harry and Ron."

Turning to them, I waited for one to answer. Harry swallowed his mouthful of food and said, "I um... was planning on making it my first stop."

I frowned, "Oh, I'm sorry. Luna and I were going to get a drink together."

"Oh."

"I'm still meeting you at the Three Broomsticks?"

Harry nodded, "Ron and I could go to Zonko's before, then Huneydukes later."

I smiled, "Sounds like a plan."

"So, when is practice this week, Harry?" Ginny asked as she sipped from her cup of orange juice.

"Um... whenever, really. I wanted them consistently Wednesday evenings."

Ginny nodded, "We're against Hufflepuff, right?"

Harry nodded, "Right. We have until Valentine's Day, but I want to work out some plays first."

"Excellent."

"Oi," said Seamus, leaning over Ginny, "Better not let them beat you, Harry. Can't have Hufflepuff braggin' about it in the halls."

Harry nodded, "Thanks Seamus... I'll take note of that."

Ginny looked down the table at Dean Thomas and gave him a smile which he returned. I watched the two of them suspiciously, then turned back to my food, my stomach demanding to be filled. I ate my toast with bacon, the food filling my stomach, my hunger slowly going away.

~

I was glad to be off the train. If I had to hear an other bogus theory about Draco being a Death Eater, I was going to scream. It was totally absurd to think that someone like Lord Voldemort would risk having a member of his group be so young. Just the idea alone suggests someone finding out about them. Once that happens the kid wouldn't be able to do anything because he'll be watched by faculty. That or would be given Veritaserum to find out anything about Voldemort's plans or whereabouts.

I left Harry, Ron, and Ginny to go about their merry ways, while I walked with Luna to the Three Broomsticks. For some odd reason, my heart was racing. I was going bonkers with fear. I couldn't tell if I was more afraid of having this date be with Malfoy, or if I was more afraid of someone discovering our plot.

"It's beautiful out," said Luna.

"Yeah, wonderful."

"I think I prefer the spring. The colors are happy, and the dirigible plums are in season."

I smiled, "Dirigible plums?"

"Mm-hm. They're quite interesting if you ever get to see them. My father and I have some growing outside our house."

"That's lovely, Luna."

"I'm sorry, your mind is somewhere else. I won't bother you with my blabbering."

"You're not blabbering, Luna," I said, "And you're not bothering me.... My mind is just elsewhere is all."

"You're scared to meet with Malfoy."

I nodded.

"It's okay, I made sure that nothing was going to happen."

"What did you do?"

She gave me an airy smile and replied, "You will see. It's nothing you should worry about."

I frowned at her and said, "Alright, Luna... I trust you."

We continued down the path and soon found ourselves walking through the village of Hogsmeade. The small buildings felt cozy and warm. We walked past Honeydukes, already kids were packed in the small building. We moved in unison as we walked to the Three Broomsticks and I followed her into the pub. Several students were sitting at the tables, eating their lunches and drinking butter beer. Luna made her way through the tables to one in the far corner, the light barely reaching it. A boy that I didn't recognize sat there. He looked to be in the same year as either me or Luna. He wore a dark green vest over a white shirt and khakis, and he smiled when he saw us.

Draco?

"Hermione, this is Stephen," Luna smiled, "He's a boy that lives in the village near my father and I."

I smiled, catching on to her plan, this was perfect.

"Hello Stephen," I said sitting in the booth next to him.

"I think I saw some nargles outside. I might go see that they aren't up to anything." And with that she was gone.

I turned to look at this Stephan, and I smiled at him. "You look... not like you."

He smiled, and touched his face, "Yeah... it was her idea."

"Where did you get the Pollyjuice potion?"

He shrugged, "I didn't know that's what she used."

I smiled, "Well, it's a brilliant idea."

He nodded and a witch came up to take our order. Both of us ordered fish and chips and butter beers. Draco moved his hand on my knee under the table and I smiled. Leaning in, I placed my mouth near his ear and whispered, "Be careful not to let anyone see you hand.... I don't want any Gryffindors asking around."

He moved his mouth to my ear and replied, "Well then, this won't really help your cause." He licked my ear lobe, and nibbled on it. I sighed into his neck and moved closer to him. His hand slid further up my leg and my breathing hitched. I pulled away and took his lips with mine and kissed him. My insides tightened with want, and I almost lost my mind, had Draco not pulled away.

"Merlin's beard," he whispered, "You drive me crazy, Hermione."

"Same could be said about you."

The witch came back with or meals and drinks, and we turned most of our focus on eating, although the feeling of want was still very much there. When we finished, Malfoy paid for my meal and we stood.

"How much longer will you be like this," I asked.

"No idea."

"What should we do then?"

"Come with me."

Taking my hand, he lead me deep into the village of Hogsmeade, leading me out to the Hog's Head. Stopping just outside the village, he took me to a path that I knew. He lead me through the woods to the cave where Sirius and Buckbeak use to live before Grimmauld Place. Entering the mouth of the stone cavern, Draco turned to me and smiled, his hair slowly bleaching itself back to the white blond I was used to.

Grabbing a hold of me, he moved us to what was left of Buckbeak's nest, the bed undisturbed from the weather due to the stone around it, and laid me down. Putting himself next to me, he held my hand. We were silent for a moment then he said, "I wonder what lived here."

I knew, but shrugged, "A bunch of birds."

He laughed, "Maybe."

I rolled onto my side and looked at him and smiled. He smiled back at me, then pulled me down into a kiss. This kiss was by no means a chaste or simple one. Moving me, Draco - who was back to his normal self - had me straddling him. His hands roamed over the bottom of my jeans, and up under my light jacket and shirt. Our tongues rolled over each other as my hands went under his vest, touching his chest through his shirt. I moaned into the kiss, and he broke away, with a ragged gasp.

Pushing me away, he sighed almost painfully, "You're going to be the ruin of me, Hermione."

I laughed shyly, "I'm sorry."

"Don't be." Coming back up, he kissed me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
An update!
(and no... they didn't have sex. I promise.)

Comments?