Status: Uh....story kinda died. You can blame it on Bettman :P

While You Were Away

XXXV

I laid stretched out across dad’s living room couch watching the TV as Amy made dinner. She was leaving for Detroit in the morning so we were spending time together seeing as I can’t fly. I had my shirt rolled up and watched my stomach move as Junior wiggled around.

“That is so weird,” I heard Amy mutter as she walked into the room.

“I know but it’s cool.” We heard the front door open and close then Jacks frame appeared. “Hey babe, come here.” Jack walked over and moved my legs so he could sit then put my legs over his.

“He going at it again?” Jack asked as he rested his hand on my stomach.

“Do you guys watch as he moves every night?” Amy asked as she texted away on her phone.

“He doesn’t do it every night.” I told with a smile.

“Whatever, I’m going to check on dinner.” I sighed as she left the room and rolled my shirt back down. Jack shook his head and rubbed my stomach.

“When’s your dad coming home?”

“Tonight, he should be here soon and that means the she-devil will be back.” Jack just cracked a smile even though he didn’t care for her either. “So what’d you do today?”

“I uh, actually asked Justin and Kopi to look around their neighborhoods to see if there are any houses for sale.” I sat up, with some difficulty, and stared at Jack. “Our apartment is only one bedroom and I don’t want to raise our kid in an apartment. So I thought I’d have the guys find a few house for us since they know their neighborhood.” I smiled leaning over bringing him into a kiss.

“My god could you not do that on my couch?” Pulling away I turned my head and glared at Tasha.

“You mean my dad’s?” I corrected. She just rolled her eyes then looked over at Jack and smiled.

“Hello Jack,”

“Hi,” Jack glanced over at me and raised one of his eyebrows. Tasha always would make moves on Jack and always wanted to meet other players. “I’m going to help Amy in the kitchen.”

“Okay.” Jack got up and disappeared into the kitchen.

“She’s still here?”

“My sister? Yes she is.” I stood up straightening my shirt. I heard my dad walk into the room with a smile.

“There’s my girl,” Tasha smiled but then it turned into a frown as he pulled me into a hug. “How’s our little hockey player doing?”

“Active dad, very active.” Dad smiled then looked over at Tasha.

“So your sister still here?” I held in my laugh as Tasha glared at us.

“Yep she’s making dinner with Jack.”

“Good I’m hungry.” We followed my dad into the kitchen where Jack and Amy were talking about something. “Smells good honey,”

“Thanks dad, it’s ready whenever you are.” I walked over to Jack and wrapped my arms around him while everyone else dished up.

“Go sit, I’ll get your plate.” I nodded then followed Amy to the dining room. She sat down furthest from Tasha. Jack set a plate down in front of me with the spaghetti. The room was quiet as we ate our food. I would glance over at Amy and we’d make eye contact then smile and look away.

“Girls, what’s going on?” Dad asked finally.

“Nothing,” We both answered with a smirk before taking a sip of our water.

“That is so weird.” Tasha muttered looking over at us.

“So when’s the wedding?” Jack asked Amy to divert any problem coming up.

“Who are you marrying?” Tasha asked with her face scrunched up.

“A Detroit Red Wing,” Dad answered with a smile. “She’ll no longer be a Payne,”

“She’ll always be pain.” I said giving Amy a smirk.

“Ha, ha . . .” Amy told me then stuck her tongue out at me. “I don’t know, we haven’t really talked about it. Waiting till playoffs are over I guess.” Amy said with a shrug.

“When will I get a niece or nephew?” I asked right as she took a drink of her water. She started to choke earning a laugh from me.

“I . . . I don’t know,” Dad let out a loud laugh as we started to go back and forth.

“Okay girls settle down,” We got quiet instantly before laughing. “Yep just like when they were little.”