Status: Uh....story kinda died. You can blame it on Bettman :P

While You Were Away

XLV

I chewed on my bottom lip as the clock ticked closer to the end of regulation. Amy had grabbed my hand as we watched Darren take the face off to the right of Niemi. Justin started fighting off two Sharks for the pucks. Somehow Darren got it got over to Brian, who took a shot. We held our breath as it rebounded back out to Patrick who then passed it over Darren.

“YES!” Amy and I screamed as the puck went in the net. I glanced down at the bench in front of us to see Lidstrom pull Val into a hug. “Awe,” Amy and I coursed then started laughing. We stayed standing for the last minute of the game. “Born and raised in South Detroit!” The whole arena sung out. Amy and I laughed as we watched the Sharks bench bow their heads at us singing. Once the final buzzer sounded we started high fiving those around us and laughing.

We made our way through the fans and down to the locker room. We stood outside and waited for Val and the guys get done with interviews and come out. We both chuckled when the Sharks players walked by us.

“Hey Ames?”

“Yes dear sister?” Amy looked over at me with a smirk.

“Do you by chance have a broom?”

“Why yes, yes I do. It’s the same one the Wings used to sweep the Coyotes.” We looked up to see Thornton passing by us.

“Guess you forgot to give that to the Sharks?” I asked glancing over at her.

“Whoops,”

“Bitches,” Demers muttered as he walked by us.

“Oh and you have the goals they scored in game two against Quick right?”

“What goals? Last I checked we shut them down.” Demers let out a growl and turned to us.

“Why don’t you two—”

“Hey! Get out of here!” Todd and Kronwall voice echoed through the hall.

“Leave girls alone.” Pavel said as Val followed behind them.

“Demers why don’t you just leave,” Val suggested as he came up to us. Amy and I were still holding the smirks on our faces.

“Tell your girls . . . whichever is yours,” He muttered confused looking between us. I rolled my eyes; apparently no one noticed the big belly I was sporting. “To keep their goddamn mouths shut.”

“Uh hello, can I point one thing out?” I said taking a step forward. He looked over at me with a glare. “This is fucking America, first amendment right, freedom of speech. I know you’re from Canada and someone may not have the balls to say shit right to your face, seeing as you guys only talk shit to reporters or on twitter.”

“Which is really sad by the way,” Amy added in.

“That too. But I’m going to say whatever the fuck I want, whenever I want. This is America buddy, land of the free.”

“No, you’re just a bitch.” I was pulled back quickly as Todd made his way in front of me.

“Say that one more time,” Amy and I glanced over at each other was Todd got right in Demers face.

“Whoa, what’s going on?” Jimmy’s voice called down the hall. We turned to see him making his way down to us. “Todd, man, don’t do anything you’d regret.”

“I wouldn’t regret it if it comes to protecting the women.” He basically growled out.

“Todd, don’t worry about it. He’s just pissy because his team is on their way to choking, again.” Amy told him with a glare. “Why don’t you just leave?” Demers glared at us before turning around, joining a few of his teammates that hung behind. All of the guys by us let out a sigh.

“You guys are going to get in trouble some day.” Niklas said shaking his head.

“Got your hands full there Val,” Todd teased giving us a smile.

“Hey Todd, why’d you’d leave Val hanging after Helm’s goal?” I asked, earning a chuckle from Amy.

“What?” He questioned confused.

“It’s okay Lids got him,” Amy teased looking over at Val who rolled his eyes.

“I better get these two home, doesn’t Jack have a game tomorrow?” Val asked me making me gasp.

“He does!” I said excitedly, feeling Junior kick my stomach. “Okay guys, see you later. Come on Vallykins, let’s go home!”

“Vallykins?!” All the guys said howling with laughter as we walked down the hall. I glanced over at Val and gave him a cheeky grin. He and Amy just shook their heads. The Wings were still alive and fighting.