Status: Uh....story kinda died. You can blame it on Bettman :P

While You Were Away

XLVII

I rubbed my stomach as Junior kept moving around and kicking me. I pressed my hand down on the side of my stomach hoping it’d move him. I heard Amy come into the room and let out a sigh as she sat down next to me. She rested her head on my shoulder, I knew she was pouting.

“This sucks,”

“Hard like Thornton.” I added knowing she was sad that the Wings were out. Team USA were eliminated on Wednesday, then Thursday the Wings were. Somehow, both Jack and Val’s flights got in within ten minutes of each other so Jack would ride back with him.

“Did you just imply Thornton’s suck dick?” Amy asked looking up at me.

“They all do. You know how they like to be down on their knees.” I said with a slight giggle. I followed that with a groan.

“Holy shit, I even felt that.” Amy sat up and put her hand on my stomach where Junior kicked. “Dude, you need to calm down and give your mama a break.” She then looked up at me. “Can he even hear me?”

“Yep, he’ll probably be use to your and Val’s voice by the time he’s born.”

“And goal horns.” I just nodded rubbing my stomach. “I’m gonna spoil you. Oh we need to organize a baby shower!”

“Why? Jack and I have the room set up back in LA and have everything.” Amy pouted and crossed her arms over her chest.

“I doubt you have everything. Besides, you know mom and auntie will not let you not have one.” I let my head roll back and shook it. “Welcome to my world. They’re going nuts since I haven’t answered any wedding questions.” We sat there quietly until the front door opened and we heard nails on the floor and barking. We looked at each other wide eyed.

“Harley!” We both yelled. Amy bolted off the couch and I made my way as fast as I could to help Amy.

“I keep forgetting,” Val grumbled as Jack looked over confused. “The dog—”

“Harley,” We corrected him.

“Sorry, Harley doesn’t like men but apparently loves me and Bert.”

“Okay . . .” Jack said as he followed behind Val. He didn’t give attention to Harley as we let her go. She slowly made her way over to Jack, sniffing his legs. She jumped, putting her paws on his chest, tail wagging. “Guess she likes me, huh girl?” I just walked over to Jack and wrapped my arms around his neck.

“Harley come on, dinner time!” Amy hollered making her scamper away. I leaned up kissing Jack, while his hands rested on my belly.

“I missed you,” He told me quietly. As he would rub my stomach, feeling the kicks of our son. “And I missed Junior too.”

“I have an appointment next week.” I told him as he set his bag down and we made our way further into the house.

“Okay,” He rubbed my lower and smiled at Amy as we came into the kitchen. “Thanks again guys for letting Em stay.”

“Anything for family man,” Val said as he came into the kitchen.

“She didn’t bug you too much?” I smacked Jack’s stomach, only getting a chuckle from him.

“Oh I’d say Emily had her fun picking on Val.” Amy answered with a smirk. “But it was pretty funny.”

“Thank you for shaving by the way.” I told Val with a smile. He just rolled his eyes knowing how much I poked fun at him for that.

“Not everyone can grow facial hair like Draper.” Jack told me, squeezing my waist.

“You’re best friend is evidence of that.” I muttered thinking about Sid’s attempted facial hair growth.

“Yeah may want to tell him to just bypass the playoff beard next time.” Amy added in making me chuckle.

“He never could grow one when we were growing up.” I just leaned myself into Jack, missing him for the two weeks he was gone in Europe. “You ready to head home?”

“Awe leaving already?” Amy asked giving me a sad face.

“Yes, you knew I was. Plus, we have dinner at moms tomorrow with our auntie.”

“Fun,” Amy muttered knowing she was going to get the third degree when it came to the wedding plans. “Okay well, drive safe.” She told us giving us hugs. We walked out to the hall to see Val had grabbed my bags.

“See you guys tomorrow,” Val told me giving me a hug. “It’ll be very quiet without you around here.”

“If it’s quiet, you aren’t doing something right bud.” I told him patting his chest. I heard Amy laughing and Jack just snicker as he grabbed the bags. “See you guys later.”

Once Jack and I got back to our apartment I laid out on our bed as he took care of Chester. I groaned at as I felt his hands on my lower back, messaging the muscles. Soon he stopped and curled up behind me. Looking over my shoulder I rolled my eyes to see that he was already asleep. I shook my head; jet lag always got him once he got home.