Status: Uh....story kinda died. You can blame it on Bettman :P

While You Were Away

V

I was standing in the Joe Louis Arena, biting my lip as I glanced at the score board. Kenny, Jack’s little brother was right next to me cheering for the kings. We both let out yells as Jack had a break away and shot at the empty net. I high fived Kenny knowing that he was happy that his older brother scored.

“Come on, let’s get back there yeah?” I grabbed Kenny’s hand so I wouldn’t lose him in the throng of people cheering.

“Johnson sucks!” Someone yelled at us. I stopped and turned around to face a guy in a Wings jersey.

“He’s sucks huh? Let me tell you something you drunk bastard.” I walked up to him ignoring Kenny’s tug on my hand. “You do not insult my boyfriend in front of his little brother. Did you forget we won in LA? Oh and just so you know, Jack grew up here, played in a hockey league here in Detroit and grew up admiring Chelios when he played for the wings.” I gave one last look to the stunned group of people before turning around leading Kenny to the locker room.

“Jack! You’ll never guess what just happened!” Kenny shouted running into the locker. I laughed as all the guys in the locker stopped mid change and looked over at me.

“What’d she do?” Jack asked pulling off his undershirt.

“She just went off on some guy who said you suck. Like she just called him a—”

“Kenny,” I cut him off not wanting him to use that language.

“What’d you call him Emmers?” Wayne asked with a laugh. Rolling my eyes I looked over at him knowing the guys will laugh.

“A drunk dastard, got that fat ass to shut up.” I muttered crossing my arms over my chest.

“Mama lion strikes again!” Drew shouted out making the whole locker room laugh. “Just think if Bailey was with you,”

“You two are trouble together.” Dustin Brown said tossing his jersey on my head. Growling I pulled the jersey off and looked over at him.

“Funny Brownie.” I tossed his jersey into the laundry bin. I looked over to see Kenny was sitting in Jacks seat while his brother finished dressing. I smiled as Kenny talked with Michael Handzus who was probably the quietest guy on the team but really liked talking with Kenny.

“So are you and Jack meeting up with us at the bar?” Anze asked me as he grabbed the last of his things.

“Uh yeah, we just gotta drop Kenny back off at the house then we’ll meet up with you guys.” I told him as Kenny walked over to me.

“Why do I have to go home?” I chuckled ruffling his hair.

“Because you have school in the morning and you know dads rules.” Jack said pulling Kenny into a headlock. “Come on let’s go, you also have practice tomorrow.”

“See you guys in a little while.” We walked out to the car and I chuckled as I noticed Kenny went straight to sleep once we started moving. “And he’s out.”

“Good, he’s pretty cranky if he doesn’t get enough sleep.” Jack mentioned. I just shook my head and glanced at how fast he was going.

“You’ve defiantly become a California driver,”

-

Once we got back into Detroit I sighed as we pulled into the bar parking lot. I got out following Jack into the building.

“Some Wing players are here.” Jack pointed out as he guided me to the table that some of our guys were at.

“Hey, you see the wings players?” Drew asked as Jack sat down. I took a seat on his lap and curled myself into his chest.

“Yeah they got here after we did,” Wayne told us finishing off his beer.

“You alright Ems?” Alec asked me. I looked around to see the guys all staring at me.

“Yeah I’m fine, I’m gonna go get a drink.” I slipped off of Jacks lap and made my way to the bar.

“What can I get you?” The bartender asked as he handed a few beers to another guy.

“Just a Jack and coke.”

“Can do,” I glanced around the bar noticing a bunch of people surrounding other guys. I figured they must Wings players. “Here you go, so you here with one of the teams?” He asked handing me the drink.

“Yeah, my boyfriend plays for the Kings. Scored tonight,” The bartender nodded, probably hoping I was with a Wing. “Thanks,” I made my way through the group of people and saw two guys just staring at me. Shaking it off, I went back to the table and sat back down on Jacks lap.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Jack asked me quietly. I rested my head on his shoulder and nodded. “You sure? You’ve been quiet lately.”

“Actually I have this really odd—”

“Holy shit,” I heard Drew say snapping Jack and I out of our own little bubble. “You guys are gonna wanna see this, bunch of Wings approaching.”

“Oh my god,” All of the guys chorused. I followed to where they were looking and my jaw dropped.

“Shit . . .”

“Em,” I glanced around seeing all of the guys were looking back and forth. “Who is that?” Jack asked me quietly. I just shook my head watching her and the tall blonde leave the bar.

“That . . . that was my sister,”

“You have a sister?” Wayne asked wide eyed.

“Correction, you have a twin!” Anze said. I just shrugged and looked up at Jack to see him looking at me.

“Can we go?” I asked staring to feel completely uncomfortable.

“Yeah, see you guys at the airport tomorrow.”

-

It was a quiet ride back to the hotel and up to the room. I knew Drew might sleep in a different tonight if it ends up being that way. Once we got into the room I laid back on the bed and covered my face with my arms.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” I heard Jack ask as the bed sunk. I dropped my arms and looked over at Jack.

“How do I tell you that I have a sister, a twin at that, who I honestly haven’t had a full conversation with since I was sixteen.” I rubbed my eyes and let out a groan. “I’m sorry Jack okay? But after I moved out to L.A. with dad . . .”

“That’s what I don’t get. Why doesn’t your dad have photos or anything of her?” I groaned rolling over to my side to see Jack was just staring at me.

“Because Amy is mad at him or was. But she still rarely talks with him, I know you value family and honesty Jack but . . . it’s hard to admit that Amy and I don’t have a relationship anymore.” Jack nodded before he leaned down and kissed my forehead.

“It’s okay. I can see where you’re coming from I guess. Just don’t be afraid to tell me things, okay?” I curled myself into Jack hoping this would end out better then I think it will.