Status: Uh....story kinda died. You can blame it on Bettman :P

While You Were Away

LXXI

I let out a scream of joy, startling Junior, and making him start to cry.

“Smooth, scare the baby.” Amy said over the phone.

“You can’t just call me and tell me you’re pregnant and not expect that reaction from me!”

“I’m not one hundred percent sure yet, I still have to go to the doctor—”

“No, you’re pregnant; you’re showing all the signs!” I told her as I picked Junior up from his bouncy. I put the pacifier in his mouth and sat down on the couch. “Why are you trying to deny this? Aren’t you excited?”

“Yes but I’m also scared because of what happened.” I let out a sigh and adjusted Junior.

“Sis, I had a tough pregnancy but that isn’t going to stop me from having more kids. Things happen, just be happy, okay?”

“Alright, well I have to go; Hank looks like he’s ready to spin me around by the way he’s grinning.”

“Alright, give Val a hug for me, and take care of yourself.” After we hung up I looked at the clock and groaned seeing that I wouldn’t be able to get ahold of Jack until after the game. “Why do you have to be in Winnipeg?”

***

I bounced my leg in excitement as Jack was supposed to be home any minute from their small road trip. Hearing the front door open, I got to me feet and rushed over to Jack.

“Hey babe, what are you excited about?” He asked as he set down his stuff.

“Amy’s pregnant!” I told him with a big smile. He just looked over at me and nodded.

“Okay,”

“Okay? Okay!” I followed him into the kitchen. “Jack, you’re going to be an uncle by next summer! Aren’t you excited?” I asked as he opened the fridge with a shrug. “Jack!” All I heard was him was a laugh then he closed the fridge. “You’re mean.”

“You know I’m happy for them. I’m betting they’re excited just so they don’t have to hear you pester them about a cousin for Junior.” Jack told me as he brought me into his chest.

“What about a sibling for him?” I asked with a smile as I looked up at him.

“Let’s get through the wedding first and his first birthday, then we’ll talk.”

“Alright, but I’m not waiting eleven years like your parents.” I told him as I detached myself. Hearing Junior’s cries over the baby monitor I gave Jack a smirk.

“My turn?”

“He’s missed his daddy, I’m sure he’ll be very happy to see you.” Giving him a kiss, I shooed him off to the nursery then sat down at the counter. The bridal magazines that mom and Tina bought were sitting on the counter, untouched. Sighing, I grabbed one and began to flip through it. It was going to be a busy summer, again.