Status: Uh....story kinda died. You can blame it on Bettman :P

While You Were Away

LXXIII

I let out a groan as I looked at all the clothes, both mine and Junior’s, strewn across mine and Jack’s bed.

“Anyone home?” I heard echo from the entry way.

“Upstairs Mike!” I could hear his footsteps coming up the stairs and down the hall way. “Hey Mikey,”

“Hey, where’s Jack and the baby?” He asked confused as he came further into the room.

“Father, son day apparently, no clue as what they’re doing either.” I told him as I started to fold the baby clothes.

“Doing laundry?”

“No, packing for Michigan.” I glanced over to see Mike with his eyebrows raised in question. “Going to visit Amy over the break, take Junior up there with me.”

“So you’re just going to be gone over the weekend?”

“No, for a whole week, not that she knows.” Mike let out a whistle as I continued to fold.

“No wonder Jack was fine with coming up to Big Bear with us this weekend.”

***

I laughed as Val had a hard time getting the car seat into the base. I could hear him grumbling in Finnish, probably cursing. Once I heard the click, I placed Junior in his seat and doubled checked Val’s installation. Looking over my shoulder, I saw him signing a few things for people.

“Come on Vallykins, we’ve got a girl to surprise.” Ignoring the glare he sent me, I just smirked as I got into the front seat.

“You’re evil.” He muttered once he slid into the car.

“Thought we already established that?” The ride back to their place was quick and quiet with Junior sleeping the whole. “So she doesn’t know?”

“No,”

“So where did she’s think you went?”

“I told her I had to go get something from the store, Abby’s with her so he’ll keep her distracted.”

“He still suspicious?” I asked remember what Amy had told him. Val just nodded as he pulled into the drive way.

“I’ll get your stuff,” I got Junior out of the back, making sure his blanket was still keeping him warm. Opening the front door, I heard Harley bark and come running. “Honey, I’m home!”

“Oh my God!” Amy yelled from the living room before she ran to the front door. “Val, I’m going to kill you for not telling me!” She added on as she hugged me. “What are you doing here?”

“Surprise?” She just laughed and wiped her eyes. “Hormones?”

“Yep,”

“Hormones? What do you mean?” Justin asked as he walked into the entry way.

“Nothing,” Amy and I chorused.

“Lemme have the baby,” I handed her over my son who was still half asleep. “Hi buddy, are you smiling for me?”

“Just think, you’ll be—” I cut myself off and smirked. “So, how are you feeling?”

“Fine, doesn’t really bother me much.”

“Wait, are you sick? Why are you asking how she’s feeling?” Justin asked jumping right in.

“No I’m not sick.”

“And I’m asking because she’s my twin.”

“That’s right, we can sense things about each other.”

“Twin telepathy I believe is what they call it.” We both stared at Justin with even faces knowing at this point we were just fucking around with his head. He stood there, scratching his head with a puzzling expression.

“Told you Abby, evil.”

“You married me.”

“Thus made you related to me.”

“Okay, I’m done with this twin talk, it freaks me out. See you at the rink Val, by girls, see you little guy.” After Justin left, I looked over at before laughing.

“He is too easy.”