Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Grounded

I didn’t know killjoys could be grounded, really. But apparently in this world, anything’s possible. Which is why the bathroom window had bars put in it, and Party Poison put an alarm on his car.

“Did you see that? I almost killed Korse, Adrenaline. I would’ve completely annihilated him, but the idiot is was too stubborn to die.” Silver whispered. Another new rule. We had to be in bed by 10, and Dr. D would watch the door. Who knew they’d replace our old parents?

“Adrenaline saw, you looked pretty epic like that. Adrenaline took out 6 all at once!” I boasted. But still… Silver Electric almost singlehandedly destroyed BL/ind*’s leaders.

“Huh, I just remembered. I never got around to cutting your hair, did I?” She asked, noticing it was still way too long.

“No, could Silver do it now?” I asked.

“Yeah, just hand me the scissors. Oh, it looks like you’ve got a bit of blood in your hair sti- oh shit, Guys!” She called, brushing my hair away from my shoulder. It was... bleeding? All over my neon green sweater.

“This better not be a plan to steal my car again!” Poison shouted before he saw Silver’s hands trying to stop the red from leaving my shoulder any more. “****.” He said simply, grabbing my hand and dragging the both of us out into the main diner room.

“How did you guys miss this?” He demanded.

“How did Adrenaline miss this?” I asked, picking up the strap of my bag with my foot and pulling out a roll of gauze and some med tape.

“How does Adrenaline do this? She’s never been shot in the shoulder before…” I said, staring at my hands full of medical… for lack of a better and more interesting word, stuff.

“Well, if you were shot by a ray gun, then we have to take the ray out.” Kobra explained, pulling out an odd looking thing that reminded me slightly of a vacuum.

“It doesn’t hurt that badly, we’ve all had to have it done.” Fun Ghoul added.

“So you suck out the ray and then what happens?” Silver asked.

“We recycle it into a new ray bullet.” Kobra Kid finished, putting the eating ray bullet part of the vacuum onto where it was bleeding.

“Are you sure this doesn’t hurt?” I asked, gripping the back of a counter stool until my knuckles turned white.

“Unfortunately, I can’t promise that…” He muttered, before flipping the switch to on.
I’m pretty sure in that moment, I was screaming like a banshee who just found out that she wasn’t allowed to go to the Halloween dance. Images from my nightmares flashed before my eyes, and when it finally stopped, I gave up on staying upright and sunk to the floor.

“Hey kid, you ok?” Jet Star asked, crouching to my level.
“What the hell was that? You don’t even tell her straight out that this’ll hurt? Of course she’s not ok you dumb ass!” Silver exclaimed, helping me back to my feet.

“It had to be done, or she could’ve died. Those ray gun bullets are horrible to have in your system, because they just keep bleeding. A moment of pain, or an hour of losing all the blood in your body until it finally runs out.” Poison argued.

“Adrenaline knows now how they knew about what I was going to do.” I said blankly. “When she had to take the happy pills in the beginning, she got to go wherever she wanted. I dreamed of writing my own books of poetry, finishing all the books I’d never gotten to start reading. She dreamed of painting a masterpiece on a brick wall using spray paint. They stole her memories, and used them against her.” I explained, kicking the vacuum as I hopped onto the counter.

“Which explains why I was only wanted for things that I’ve already done.” Silver said.

“Yup, because you didn’t take the pills.” I replied.

“Well, now that we’ve figured this all out, Adrenaline, go see if you can wrap up your shoulder. Silver, go back to bed. Everything’s gonna be alright now.” Poison said. But would it really? The lady was still out there, the Draculoids and Scarecrows were probably regrouping as we spoke. But the diner… the diner made me feel safe. Even if it did still smell like dead skunk. So with a small groan of pain I gripped my shoulder and headed into the bathroom, wrapping up my shoulder as best as possible, then trying to wash out some of the red stain before heading to sleep. I heard someone faintly playing guitar, and a voice singing…

“What’s the worst that I could say, things are better if I stay… so long, and goodnight, so long, and good night.” Such pretty words... But like so many times before, I didn’t hear all of it as my subconscious headed back to my dream land.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOOO! Another subscriber :D