Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Computer

Getting stuck in a vent wasn’t very much fun. It didn’t smell very good and there wasn’t much light. There was, however, just enough light to spot a bag full of lollipops. I felt someone grab my hand and pull me out of that dreadful place. I tossed Adrenaline a lollipop and ran away with the rest of the bag, laughing maniacally. Poison looked close to tears at the loss of his never-ending bag of lollis. I gave him one. He smiled like a little kid who had just gotten a new toy. He took the wrapper off in less then a second, licking it as if his life depended on it. He stopped to hug me.

“Air! Air!” I wheezed. “Sorry” He said, doing the classic embarrassed-anime-character move. I didn’t know he could be so... childish. He was WAY more fun that way. It was almost like having a second Fun. I smiled and walked into Adrenaline’s room, sucking on a lollipop. It was a rather large one that tasted somewhat like apple pie. She was sitting on her hammock-bed-thing drawing. She was quite good at it. Her drawings always had a surreal feeling to them. I saw her new drawings of a book, catching ideas, a robot with a blindfold on, and last but not least, a jar with a strange goo seeping out the sides. Adrenaline’s drawings were always interesting. I wished she could let the world see them.

“Hey, I have an idea.” I said. She cocked her head to the side. “I know where to find some spray paint. Do you want to go jazz up the outside of this building?”

“Lets do it!” she said enthusiastically. “But aren’t we supposed to bring someone to watch our backs outside?”

“I’ll get Fun. He might actually help us with this little graffiti mission.” I turned around and bumped into him immediately.

“How much did you hear?” I asked. He held up a bottle of spray paint. “That’s good, but we’re gonna need a lot more than tha-” He held up a plastic bag with what seemed like an infinite amount of cans.

“Good?” He questioned.

“Very.” I replied. He smiled and grabbed his raygun, tossing me my katana and Adrenaline her belt of explosives. “That thing really shouldn’t be tossed like that...” I said. He shrugged and headed outside.

“So, what should we paint?” I asked.

“Hmm... Adrenaline wants to make a ghost!”

“What color?” I said, looking in the bag. It seemed like there was every color imaginable, from bright blues and greens to dark purple and black.

“Toss Adrenaline a bright green and a black.” She said, and started working on her masterpiece. I heard fun call out from behind me,

“Aww, no fair! I wanted to make a ghost!”

“You can make a ninja...” I pointed out.

He smiled and shouted “Yay!” By the time we were done, the wall was covered in drawings including a ghost, a ninja, a huge skull, a guitar, a scorpion, and a picture of Korse’s face with a huge red X over it and the letters E-X-T-E-R-M-I-N-A-T-E over his eyes. We did to him what he did to every killjoy in the zones. It felt good.

Later that day, Poison asked what we did.

“We made Korse into an exterminate poster...” I answered.

“I have to give you a high five for that. You guys are awesome.”

“I helped too!” Fun called across the room.

“You’re awesome too, Fun!” Poison shouted back. I love this life. I was just about to head to my room when I saw something. It looked somewhat familiar. I picked it up out of the pile of Dr. D’s junk. It was white and rectangular, I would say about a foot wide and 8 inches long. It couldn’t have been more than half an inch thick. I turned it over to see that it had a picture of a fruit embellished on the front. I remember having one before BL/ind* took over. It was a computer, and a pretty old one at that. I would say from eight or nine years ago.

“Hey Dr. D” I said.

“What.” He answered, looking down at a map of the zones.

“Can I have this?”

“If you found it in the pile of junk from the past, sure.” Awesome. I had a computer now, so I could work on my hacking skills. Then, if I could just get the password for Poison’s car alarm, Adrenaline and I could try to end BL/ind* once and for all. Again.

I pressed the power button on my newly-found laptop. Surprisingly, it still had half of its battery power left after all these years. A killjoy had definitely gotten ahold of this computer before, the wallpaper was the famous killjoy-spidered american flag. A message popped up on the screen. “Choose a Wifi network.” There was only one on the list. “Better Living Industries Network”. I clicked on it, and a box requesting a password came up. I guessed it on the first try. It was “exterminate”. What idiots. I went on the internet. the computer’s home page was the better living industries website, reminding me to take my medication. I called Adrenaline into my room.

“Remember computers?” I questioned. She nodded. “Well, look what I found!” I held up my new toy.

“What website do you want to go on?” i asked. We stayed up almost the whole night just reliving the past online. It was fun. I liked it.