Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Killer

It was nice to see Silver reunited with Maverick. He still needed a name, though. But, he and Silver were too busy catching up to really care. Maverick was a cool guy. He loved music, and complimented our tattoos. He also knew how to make Remix dance like a ballerina, so in my books, he was a pretty okay dude. After giving him a change of clothes, and a gun, we decided it was time to take him out for shooting 101. It was an even tighter fit in the Trans Am with a new body to cram in, but it wasn’t too bad. With the radio turned up as loud as it could go, blasting songs from before the fires by bands like Simple Plan, and the Killers, we headed off into the bright sun filled deserts of California. I didn’t really know where we were going, to be honest.

“Hey, Poison! Where are we headed?” I asked over the noise of ‘Grow Up’

“Back to the motel. There’s bound to be something there we can use for target practice!”

“Can you cut the music for a second? I can’t hear myself think…” Maverick asked.

“Noise killer…” Fun grumbled, reluctantly turning down the music.

“What did you just call me?”

“Noise killer. Got a problem with it?”

“No, I like it.”

“Oh wait, you still need a killjoy name, don’t you?” Jet asked.

“Can I use Noise Killer?” Maverick asked.

“I can’t see why not. Welcome to the family, Noise Killer.” Poison declared.

“Adrenaline’s going to call you Killer for short, is that okay with you?” I asked.

“Way to make my brother sound like a gangster, Adrenaline. But I think it’s pretty cool…”

“I’m fine with it. I think it makes me sound tough, right Kobra?”

“Sure. Oh shit… well, the best way to learn is through experience, right?” Kobra asked.

“What are you talking abo-? Oh no…” Outside the hotel was a huge SWARM of S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W operatives.

“We’ve handled worse, right?” Silver asked. Her voice was confident, but her eyes said otherwise.

“Just fire off anytime one of them even LOOKS at you, got it kid?” Jet explained to Killer.

“Got it.” Killer was just as scared as we were, but he hid it even better than Silver was. I didn’t care about hiding my fear right now. I cared about surviving. The S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/Ws hadn’t noticed us just yet. It looked like they were in a meeting of some sort. Legs shaking and breathing fast, I climbed out of the Trans Am. Six killjoys followed me.

“I’ll distract them so you guys can start shooting, alright?” Poison whispered. We agreed quietly. With a triumphant battle cry, he fired the first shot into the pack. One down, and…. A lot more to go. Guns were being fired left and right and I couldn’t tell where they were coming from anymore. I just kept firing. I felt something grab my arm so I tried to shake it off, but it wouldn’t let go. A S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W got Silver soon after. The thing holding my arm encircled my body and put a gun to my back, and right before I heard the trigger click, I saw Killer shoot down the S/C/A/RE/C/R/O/W who tried to take Silver. There were too many to fight off. They’d have to retreat, and then what would happen to me? I felt everything fade away as the one holding me back had to shift his arms to support my weight. I’d been stunned by the enemy, and no one could save me. Well isn’t this freakin’ perfect?

The next time I woke up, I was back in a white room, lying on a hospital bed of sorts. I wasn’t hooked up to anything, thankfully, but I knew where I was. Looking over myself, I was back in the white uniform, and my once purple hair was sloppily re-dyed a light brown. My arms had been scrubbed free of my temporary tattoos, and because of that, they were red and raw. My body hurt, my head hurt, and I felt cold. Really cold. At first I thought about crying. I was a teenager, and teenagers were allowed to be moody. But then I realized that wouldn’t get me anywhere. So I resorted to screaming instead. As loud as I could for as long as I could, I’m pretty sure everyone from Battery city to all the way out in Zone 6 could hear me wailing. Doctors rushed in and out of my room, trying to find a way to shut me the hell up. It wasn’t until they actually forcibly shut my mouth that I’d actually stopped. They had my arms cuffed, and my mouth taped. All I had to say in this situation was that the gang had better hurry up and find me. Damsel in distress was certainly not the image I’d wanted, but it was better than being dead.