Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Blood

“Hey Killer!” I said, walking down the hall towards him. “Adrenaline’s hiding something.” He said immediately. “I know.” I answered. It was obvious she wasn’t telling us something. The new haircut she got over night, the fact that she ran off so quickly, and she just hasn’t been herself since we got back. Whatever they did to her, it scarred her mentally. Maybe physically as well. Everything just seemed off. “Do you want to go find out what happened?” I asked. “Well, it ain’t gonna find itself out.” He said. With that, we were off to Adrenaline’s room. She was sleeping, but all of the lights were on. Perfect. “I’ll check her journals, you check that pile of paintings over there.” I said. Killer nodded. The first journal in the stack of ten wasn’t filled up. That must’ve been the one she was writing in. I looked at the last entry. What I saw was horrifying, and believe me, I’ve seen some pretty bad stuff. “Dear journal thingy, Adrenaline needs to tell someone something, but Adrenaline can’t. So Adrenaline is telling you. Well, when Adrenaline was at the horrible place, she was being questioned. When she wouldn’t speak, they shot her. When she still wouldn’t speak, they kicked her. When she STILL wouldn’t speak, Korse came in. He twisted her arms. He carved her old number into her arm. It hurt like hell. No one can find out about it. Adrenaline has to hide her number again. It was just starting to fade, too. There was so much blood... gallons of the stuff. He just kept cutting and carving... Adrenaline’s neck just kept bleeding. BLI hurt Adrenaline. Now she has a scar just like Silver’s. Maybe she’ll cut her hair to hide it.” I looked found a mirror and looked at my own number. It was almost faded off of my neck now. I carefully brushed aside Adrenaline’s hair. There, on her neck, was the number “1370492” carefully carved out. There were scabs covering the numbers now. It looked infected. They would probably scar up, branding her forever as a BLI lab rat escapee. I looked at the back of her neck. There, in the exact same place, was a scar. It matched mine.
“Silver... come over here...” Killer said. I could tell he was scared. His voice was shaking. There was a picture in his hands. It showed what I had just read. The blood, going everywhere. Korse cutting into Adrenaline. The scarecrows shooting at her. Everything was there. Red was splattered all over the picture. I heard heavy breathing from behind me. I looked over my shoulder to see Adrenaline sitting up in her bed, her eyes wide open. “They’re coming to get Adrenaline.” She whispered. She looked around the room, her eyes landing on Killer and I. “What are you doing in here?” “Nothing, I just wanted to see how you were sleeping.” Killer said, smiling. “If you wanted to see how Adrenaline was sleeping, then why are you holding her picture and journal?” Adrenaline said. “Look, you’re not okay. Stop saying you are.” I told her. “Tell us what’s wrong. We know what they did to you.” “You really need to listen to me, because I’m telling you the truth. I mean this, I’m okay!” “You’re not okay. Just tell us. There’s no point in denying it. We won’t do anything bad about it. If you don’t want us to tell anyone, we won’t. Just please, tell us.” Killer said. Adrenaline shook her head. “No. I’m okay. I’M OKAY!” “NO!” “Fine. Adrenaline’ll tell you, but you won’t like it and you can’t repeat it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy 54th chapter :3