Status: Done updating, the sequel is still going, though.

They'll Never Take My Heart

Torture

I wasn’t too happy to sit around while there was a fight going on outside, but so be it. We could always watch it from a security camera. I got into the system and blocked the camera’s signal to BLI’s computers. I saw the guys come face to face with a bunch of killjoys, who I’m guessing were the bad killjoys. They didn’t look all that “bad”, per say, but I did notice one thing. They were dressed head-to-toe in white. It wasn’t a BLI standard issue uniform of any kind, believe me. I knew all of those. They were wearing killjoy clothes... just completely bleached. Something wasn’t right... what killjoy in their right mind, fighting for blood or freedom, would wear white?
“Adrenaline! Killer! Come in here and bring your guns!” I called form my room. They came running (or a sort of walk-gallop thing) in, wondering what was going on and who was trying to kill me.
“They’re dressed in white.” I said, showing them the picture on my computer’s screen. “The bad killjoys... they’re dressed in white.” Killer looked at the screen and back to me, his face becoming the same color as their outfits. Adrenaline just stared at the screen, her eyes going wide. The camera went black, leaving just the sound to the battle.
“Hello, Party Poison. Hello, Fun Ghoul. Hello, Kobra Kid. Hello, Jet Star. Where are your children today? Hiding? Scared? Just like you? Pathetic!” I heard a voice say.
“No, I didn’t want them to see you. I thought I should spare you the humiliation of being injured by kids.” Poison’s voice rang out. I heard a raygun go off, then another. I wish I could see what was going on... the screen was still black. I heard a creak coming from the kitchen.
“What was that?” Adrenaline asked, gripping her raygun tighter. I grabbed my katana and went to investigate. Killer and Adrenaline followed behind me. I heard Remix yelp and a thud against the wall. Whoever was there, they obviously didn’t care if they were heard or not. I peered into the kitchen. It was them. The bad killjoys. There were 5 of them.
“In and out, that’s what we’re doing. Just grab the brats and get them to Korse. Then we’re immune.” I recognized one from the short clip I saw from the camera. I guessed he was their leader. He was the one who said we were scared. Cowards. Time to prove them wrong. I took my raygun out of its holster on my leg, discretely aiming it at the leader’s head. One... two...three... BOOM. He collapsed to the ground. The others turned to face us, pulling out their guns out. We fired at them as fast as we could. I skewered one with my katana, crimson liquid pouring out of him. They kept dodging our shots, we kept dodging theirs. No one was winning, no one was losing... until I saw Killer go down. Their guns must be set to stun. Dammit. Adrenaline dropped to the floor right after. Then, everything went black.
I heard bits and pieces of what they said. I couldn’t see anything.
“This ones injured. We have no use for it. Just leave it here.” Adrenaline? IT?! Evil bastards. We were placed in a car... back seat I guess... Killer was next to me.
“Okay, here they are. Uninjured, just like you said.” I heard one of the anti-killjoys say.
“There are only two... there were supposed to be three... where is the third?” I heard another voice say. I recognized it. Korse.
“It was injured. We left it at the abandoned diner in Zone 3, sir.” The first voice said.
“You idiots, I still wanted it! You don’t get your immunity now, you never will. You shall be led to a jail cell within the next 3 minuets. You will spend the next 30 days in it. These will be your last 30 days. Your punishment is execution by unit training series. You will be living targets. Goodbye, worthless rebels.” Korse yelled.
I opened my eyes. I was in a big, empty room. It was concrete, completely painted white. A single lightbulb hung from the ceiling. I was sitting in one corner, on the floor. There was duct tape over my mouth. My hair was completely black once again. Killer was sitting in a different corner. I was afraid about what was going to happen next. I remembered what Adrenaline had told us about what they did to her. We were going to suffer the same fate. I just knew it. Korse came into the room, a scalpel in hand and two draculoids behind him. Killer was starting to wake up.
“Hello, number 1370517. Hello, orphan OR-720948. Long time no see. I’m happy to have you back. I’m afraid I have to ask you some questions about those filthy rebels.” Korse smiled. One drac came over to each of us, ripping the tape off of our mouths.
“Okay, 1370517 and OR-720948. Please tell us, what is the weakness of the rebels? Is it their lack of intellect? Their inability to go with the crowd? Tell us and you can both become proper Battery City citizens.” Korse was leaning over me now. Idiot.
“I believe it’s your own lack of intellect, dome head.” I spat back. Killer laughed a bit, causing one of the letters on his neck to be carved into his skin.
“That wasn’t the answer we were looking for, project. Maybe orphan will tell us?” He said, motioning for the guards to bring Killer over to us. “Talk.” He grabbed Killer’s hair, lifting him an inch off the ground.
“Don’t... count... on it...” Killer said, in between jagged, painful breaths. Korse let go of his hair and snapped his fingers, leaving the room. The two draculoids took out scalpels of their own, coming at our necks. I heard Killer screaming next to me as the numbers and letters were carved into him. the cool blade of the scalpel touched my own neck. This couldn’t be happening... it’s a dream... it’s all a dream... no. It was happening. I was there. I couldn’t let that happen. I swung my leg around, throwing off the drac’s balance. It tripped, making it’s natural reflexes react. The scalpel scraped up the side of my face, slicing my eyelid in two. Before the other one could react, Killer was doing the same. With both draculoids on the ground, we ran for the room’s exit. Out the door, down the hallway, make a left, make a right, another left, almost there. Just a little further to the exit of this horrible place. Just a few more steps... pain... darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Painful.